Windows 10: Delete write protection From USB File

Discus and support Delete write protection From USB File in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been trying to remove File protection from a file from a USB and then delete it for a little while now I Tried.Removing disk attributes from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShowiSTAMPY, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Delete write protection From USB File

I've been trying to remove File protection from a file from a USB and then delete it for a little while now I Tried.Removing disk attributes from the USBStarting up in SafeModeDelete The File From Command Prompt.Still Can Not Delete the File.If anyone knows how to help me out with this problem I will be appreciative

:)

ShowiSTAMPY, Oct 3, 2022
  2. freebird_9924, Oct 3, 2022
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    USB devices getting write protected

Hi Imdad,

Some removable storage devices like USB flash drives or pen drive have write protection which is designed to help users prevent unexpected data loss by refusing to delete or format.

However, if you’re stuck with a write-protected USB drive that can’t be formatted. We recommend that you follow these steps on how to erase and format a write-protected USB flash drive and pen drive using the Regedit.exe tool in Windows. To do this,
    follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type regedit and press Enter.
    • Navigate to the following folder:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies

Double-click on the WriteProtect value in the right-hand pane of Regedit.exe. Change the Value data from 1 to 0 and click OK to save the change. Close Regedit and restart your computer. Connect your USB flash drive or pen drive again, and you should find the
    write protection is removed and the device is no longer write protected.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article.

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Oct 3, 2022
  4. rdgibby Win User

Delete write protection From USB File

deleting write protected files

I'm having the same problem trying to delete a file on an SD card with a universal host controller. It reads The disk is write-protected. Remove the write-protection or use another disk. How do U remove the write-protection????

rdgibby, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

Delete write protection From USB File

1. Delete write protection From USB File - Similar Threads - Delete write protection

2. Need to Remove Write Protection from a USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to Remove Write Protection from a USB: I have a 64GB flash drive that I need to format, but when I try, I am told it is Write protected and the protection must be removed. I have seen directions about using Regedit, but would feel better getting the direction from you, rather than an unknown group on the 'net. Can...
  3. Delete write protection From USB File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete write protection From USB File: I've been trying to remove File protection from a file from a USB and then delete it for a little while now I Tried.Removing disk attributes from the USBStarting up in SafeModeDelete The File From Command Prompt.Still Can Not Delete the File.If anyone knows how to help me out...
  4. Delete write protection From USB File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete write protection From USB File: I've been trying to remove File protection from a file from a USB and then delete it for a little while now I Tried.Removing disk attributes from the USBStarting up in SafeModeDelete The File From Command Prompt.Still Can Not Delete the File.If anyone knows how to help me out...
  5. Can't Delete Write Protect from USB Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Delete Write Protect from USB Drive: Hi. I have a HP flash drive, which had a recovery drive on it sent to me by HP. Since it didn't work properly when I tried to reinstall my Windows 10 OS recently, I want to format it and install a new recovery drive on it. Unfortunately, it is write protected. I have used the...
  6. Usb Write Protected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Usb Write Protected: I can not delete or copy anything on my usb it sasy write protected its even did same to my phones external storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-write-protected/93973814-ac33-4479-a0c8-b87845914fb6"
  7. Usb Write Protected

Usb Write Protected: Hi there I have an issue with a usb stick I don't no how it got write protected but I cant format it or anything.i have tried the disk part with cmd and it doesn't work and the disk registry doesn't work either must I throw it away?I don't no if it has something to do...
  8. 32GB USB "Suddenly" is Write Protected; Cannot Format or Delete Files?

32GB USB "Suddenly" is Write Protected; Cannot Format or Delete Files?: I don't see a physical switch on the drive to enable/ disable write protection. Depending on how I went about to solve this I either got the message Write Protected or Read Only. Generic SanDisk Ultra 32GB stick. It was formatted fat32 and I got the message that I needed to...
  9. 32GB USB "Suddenly" is Write Protected; Cannot Format or Delete Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    32GB USB "Suddenly" is Write Protected; Cannot Format or Delete Files?: I don't see a physical switch on the drive to enable/ disable write protection. Depending on how I went about to solve this I either got the message Write Protected or Read Only. Generic SanDisk Ultra 32GB stick. It was formatted fat32 and I got the message that I needed to...
  10. Write Protected USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Write Protected USB: Hi, Yesterday I just bought a HP 32gb flash drive. And when I tried to connect it with my laptop, immediately It shows a pop up message to Format the USB first, tried formatting it with the default method (by right clicking and selecting the format option) . then it...