Windows 10: Deleted a game but didn't get any free space. Can't manually delete the game files.

Discus and support Deleted a game but didn't get any free space. Can't manually delete the game files. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't delete a folder within the WindowsApps folder. It says I need my own permission to delete it. I don't know how to give myself permission. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brevity II, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Deleted a game but didn't get any free space. Can't manually delete the game files.

I can't delete a folder within the WindowsApps folder. It says I need my own permission to delete it. I don't know how to give myself permission. I've tried taking ownership, it says I own the folder yet I don't have permission to delete the darn thing. when I try to delete it I get this:If I click Continue I get this:I am DESKTOP-3G26CCU\PATRICK. How the nuts do I give myself permission to get rid of this bloody folder?

:)

Brevity II, Apr 29, 2022

2. delete demo games

If you don't want to see them everyday, you can remove their shortcuts from the games folder.

To do this, follow these steps:

• open file explorer
    • go to windows folder
    • go to start menu
    • go to programs>games
    • delete the game's shortcut from there by tapping-n-holding on the shortcut

TarandeepKaur, Apr 29, 2022
  3. My games doesn´t work

Hello today i was going to play some videogames but it couldn´t be started it said that a program made so i couldn´t start the game and i tried to fix it but it still didn´t work so I hope u can help me fast thank you. Deleted a game but didn't get any free space.  Can't manually delete the game files. :)

Hannes Purmonen, Apr 29, 2022
  4. Dgui14 Win User

Deleted a game but didn't get any free space. Can't manually delete the game files.

Microsoft Store Games

I downloaded several pc games from my xbox game pass which I no longer have.

I decided to uninstall them, and I did, but didn-t see any change on my drive memory capacity, which means, they were not removed at all. I can-t find them anymore on the microsoft store library nor on my pc app list though.

Doing some research, I found the hidden microsoft store apps folder, and realized the games are still there. How can I safely remove them, without just deleting the folders? And why didn-t they get uninstalled when I did so through the add or remove programs
    feature?

Dgui14, Apr 29, 2022
Thema:

Deleted a game but didn't get any free space. Can't manually delete the game files.

1. Deleted a game but didn't get any free space. Can't manually delete the game files. - Similar Threads - Deleted game didn't

2. i can't delete a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't delete a game: i can't delete a game because you need administrator but I'm literally uses the administrator account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-a-game/04f4c22d-8472-4030-8abb-36447c69b282
  3. Deleted a game but didn't get any free space. Can't manually delete the game files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted a game but didn't get any free space. Can't manually delete the game files.: I can't delete a folder within the WindowsApps folder. It says I need my own permission to delete it. I don't know how to give myself permission. I've tried taking ownership, it says I own the folder yet I don't have permission to delete the darn thing. when I try to delete...
  4. Deleted a game but didn't get any free space. Can't manually delete the game files.

Deleted a game but didn't get any free space. Can't manually delete the game files.: I can't delete a folder within the WindowsApps folder. It says I need my own permission to delete it. I don't know how to give myself permission. I've tried taking ownership, it says I own the folder yet I don't have permission to delete the darn thing. when I try to delete...
  5. gaming file delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gaming file delete: the item "knockout city.exe" that this shortcut refers to has been moved also fifa 21 and battlefield v in orign Although there is storage space in pc What is the solution...
  6. gaming file delete

gaming file delete: the item "knockout city.exe" that this shortcut refers to has been moved also fifa 21 and battlefield v in orign Although there is storage space in pc What is the solution...
  7. When i deleted a game the space didn't free up

When i deleted a game the space didn't free up: I once had installed GTA 5 on my computer but deleted it and installed to an external hard drive.But the space on my computer did not free up,I have 49GB occupied by apps and 95GB occupied by GTA 5 but i uninstalled it.I bought the game on Steam and uninstalled it through...
  8. Game download interrupted, can't delete the files.

Game download interrupted, can't delete the files.: Hello. I have total permission to download "Ark: Survival Evolved" through Windows Store. The thins is: in the middle of the download, for some reason it was interrupted. Now I have a space on my disk alocated that I cannot recover. Doing some research, I found out the...
  9. Deleted 'my games' folder and now can't play any games

Deleted 'my games' folder and now can't play any games: So was clearing some files in my Hard drive coz I was losing space when I accidentally deleted 'My Games' folder within documents. Since then I couldn't save any games. What must I do to fix the issue in windows 10 P.S tech illiterate plz help Thank you...
  10. Can't get free games.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't get free games.: Hello, yesterday, my microsoft store broke! I tried using Wsreset.exe, but, that didn't work AT ALL. Whenever I try to get button it doesn't do anything! It flashes white and then BACK TO NORMAL AGAIN. So please, someone fix this![ATTACH]...