Windows 10: Deleted a User on my laptop

Discus and support Deleted a User on my laptop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; A few month ago I deleted a user on a family laptop. I did not realize the person who's profile I deleted had some photos that they now need. Any way... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JenniferB2020, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Deleted a User on my laptop

A few month ago I deleted a user on a family laptop. I did not realize the person who's profile I deleted had some photos that they now need. Any way to retrieve or get that profile back?

:)

JenniferB2020, Feb 16, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Deleted a User on my laptop

How do I delete a profile or user on a laptop?

Hi,

We suggest you to click this
    link
    , check the post of Harshavardhan Rathod and follow the steps provided to delete a user account.

Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Deleted a User on my laptop

1. Deleted a User on my laptop - Similar Threads - Deleted User laptop

2. I deleted my user!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I deleted my user!!!: Today I wanted to remove user password and I opened netplwiz but by mistake deleted the user. Now my admin user's password is changed and if I have to do anything in advanced startup it asks for admin password. My pendrive is not being detected as bootable media. When I click...
  3. I deleted my user!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted my user!!!: Today I wanted to remove user password and I opened netplwiz but by mistake deleted the user. Now my admin user's password is changed and if I have to do anything in advanced startup it asks for admin password. My pendrive is not being detected as bootable media. When I click...
  4. I deleted my user!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleted my user in hkey_users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted my user in hkey_users: Windows 7. I've deleted a directory in registry with my user in hkey_users. After that a new one was created automatically but I'm having some issues other than just losing a lot of settings and need an advice on how to fix them.Some mouse settings reset after restart. The...
  6. Deleted my user in hkey_users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted my user in hkey_users: Windows 7. I've deleted a directory in registry with my user in hkey_users. After that a new one was created automatically but I'm having some issues other than just losing a lot of settings and need an advice on how to fix them.Some mouse settings reset after restart. The...
  7. I accidentally deleted my user account and cannot log on to my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    I accidentally deleted my user account and cannot log on to my laptop: I am using Windows 10 with the latest updates. I accidentally deleted my user account thinking I was deleting a guests account. Now when I try to log in I get the message wrong password entered, please try again. I have tried every password I can think of but I seem to be...
  8. If I delete my user on my laptop, would it be ready to sell.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    If I delete my user on my laptop, would it be ready to sell.: I'd like to remove my data from my laptop without getting rid of it entirely. Would deleting my account on it, while keeping my data on one drive, do this?...
  9. netplwiz deleted my user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    netplwiz deleted my user: Hello, i have recently reinstalled my windows.Once it has finished, my username was missspelled, so i searched how to edit itI managed to edit in using netplwiz, but once i restarted my system, my user was disabled or removed i dont know why.Now i dont have administrator...
  10. i deleted my user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i deleted my user: so basically deleted my user account by going in to the windows C: drive > users, and then i deleted my user and relised what i did and that it was to late. and now many 'windows' files are gone and all things i downloaded on to that storage space is mostly gone. forexample...