Windows 10: Deleted a users folder

Discus and support Deleted a users folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I've deleted one of the users folders 2 weeks ago which was, to put it simply, a VERY, VERY DUMB idea. At first, I thought nothing of it as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KissWani, Feb 5, 2021.

1. KissWani Win User

Deleted a users folder

Hello. I've deleted one of the users folders 2 weeks ago which was, to put it simply, a VERY, VERY DUMB idea. At first, I thought nothing of it as windows loaded up and worked but then, as expected, problems appeared as soon as I restarted the computer. first of all, some apps got deleted which was fine however, Many other things like windows explorer, search bar, etc.were not functioning properly. also, the loading time of my pc increased dramatically and i started noticing icons taking long to load. i first tried to reset the pc multiple times, but it didn't work and so i reinstalled some files online which fixed most of the issues but not all. my pc was still running slow and some other problems were still there. so I tried to repair windows using the media creation tool but then the "explorer" command line didn't work 'explorer' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.. I've removed all my important files and i want to fix this problem even if it required a full on reset. i tried resetting the pc but it didn't work and an error popped up: There was a problem resetting your PC. no changes were made. I'd really appreciate if anyone can help me out.

:)

KissWani, Feb 5, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleted a users folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleted a users folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 5, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Deleted a users folder

problem in deleting folders

Hi Sindhu,

The challenge that you are experiencing can occur due to several reasons, such as, incorrect user permissions settings, corrupted files, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• What are the exact error messages that you are getting?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • What kind of folder are you trying to delete? Are you trying to delete an app folder, system folder, or a file folder?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Deleted a users folder

1. Deleted a users folder - Similar Threads - Deleted users folder

2. Deleted user folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted user folder: Hey Microsoft, I deleted my user folder on my Windows folder, to try to get space to reset my pc. I did not create a restore point. My apps such as my Microsoft Edge, chrome, file explorer do not work. I don't know what to do. Please help me. My pc is not working. And yes I...
  3. Deleted user folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted user folder: Hey Microsoft, I deleted my user folder on my Windows folder, to try to get space to reset my pc. I did not create a restore point. My apps such as my Microsoft Edge, chrome, file explorer do not work. I don't know what to do. Please help me. My pc is not working. And yes I...
  4. Deleted user folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleting users folder in D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting users folder in D: I have a users folder in C and D, I need to delete the D users folder but windows say there is a file in use in another programme. I have not created the USERS folder.I need to extend my C drive as I am running out of space, have done all the obvious things and cleared all...
  6. Can't delete deleted user's folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete deleted user's folder.: So a long time ago I made this user using command prompt just for fun and then I went to delete it. But I just noticed that the user folder is still there. It says I can't delete it because I don't have permissions. I tried giving myself permissions to no avail. Can someone...
  7. Accidentally deleted user folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted user folders: I accidentally deleted everything inside user folders, now quick shortcuts to download, videos,pictures, etc. don't work...is there any way to get them back? I don't want stuffs that were in there, just the folder shortcuts. submitted by /u/sh1o [link] [comments]...
  8. deleting folders inside Users Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    deleting folders inside Users Folder: Hello, I want to delete some folders that belong to Users Folder, is that going to cause my system problems? 65862
  9. Deleted User Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted User Folders: I have two users whose accounts have been deleted but their folders under C Users are re-created on restart after deleting them. Hang over from W7 but can anyone help me permanently delete the in W10? 9655
  10. Deleted User Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted User Folders: I have two users whose accounts have been deleted but their folders under C Users are re-created on restart after deleting them. Hang over from W7 but can anyone help me permanently delete the in W10? 9651