Windows 10: Deleted admin account and can't access to anything

Discus and support Deleted admin account and can't access to anything in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, My dad has accidentally deleted his admin account and is left with a guest account where he can absolutely do nothing. He can't open or click... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by yazdan27, Jan 14, 2017.

1. yazdan27 Win User

Deleted admin account and can't access to anything

Hello,

My dad has accidentally deleted his admin account and is left with a guest account where he can absolutely do nothing. He can't open or click anything. We've only succeeded to open cmd or file browser via task manager but further we can do nothing with the files or the command prompt. If we only could bring his files over from his to mine there would be no problem but as i said we can't do anything. Can somebody help please? Thanks

:)

yazdan27, Jan 14, 2017

2. Can use any administation tools or access c drive

Because my account is already an admin. And I can't access any thing that needs admin privilege such as change account type. It either says it can't be found or it will just sit there and load but never actually do anything.

KaedanCaine, Jan 14, 2017
  3. I accidentally removed admin access from my account, now I have no accounts with admin access. What do I do? I can't update anything, download new applications, etc.

I accidentally removed admin access from my account user account based on a prompt from Windows 10 that said it would improve my security, now I have no accounts with admin access. What do I do? I can't update anything, download new applications, etc.
    I can't reload Windows 10 without admin access, etc.

My perception is that my computer is basically stuck. What do I do?

BradShep42, Jan 14, 2017
  4. Deleted admin account and can't access to anything

Not exactly sure what you mean if you get his over to yours. Do you also have account on machine? Are you an admin? If so don't read further, just post back.

This tutorial will show you how to enable the built in Admin. It involves changing registry values so done incorrectly will be disastrous for your system. You may not be able to start windows. Warning issued.

Backup the registry. If possible with your account create restore point.

I was thinking Option Four.

Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

Assuming you get this resolved create another Admin account that no one uses for just such emergencies. Also disable built admin. For that I think you can just use commands rather than regedit but you can cross that bridge when you get there.

If you have secondary computer and drive bay you could copy data off laptop drive. Of course you would have to remove laptop drive, some are very easy.

Others may have better idea.

Caledon Ken, Jan 15, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    No, you're right. Option Four is about the only way I know to get out of this dilemma.

6. One item that came up as we discussed this, did your dad delete his user files? Is that what you were referring to in terms of his to mine?

If so and you have an admin account the real question you need to ask is how do I restore deleted files? Please post back.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Deleted admin account and can't access to anything

1. Deleted admin account and can't access to anything - Similar Threads - Deleted admin account

2. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  3. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  4. Can't "run as admin" for anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't "run as admin" for anything: It all started with a memory issue. I replaced the ram and that fixed my first problem. Now whenever I try to open anything as admin I get "One or more copies of data on this device may be out of sync. No writes may be performed until data integrity scan is completed."Things...
  5. Can't run anything with ADMIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run anything with ADMIN: My pc either error codes me like the screenshot or just freezes and crashes the program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-with-admin/34f2efa2-990c-4b98-8d15-b887ac05daf2
  6. Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights: I have dual booted my MacBook Pro. In windows 10 I logged in as Admin and removed the account from membership tabs...So I am left only with standard user....Now I can not do any activity wherein admin rights are required.. I tried everything but not able to get back admin...
  7. Deleted my only accessible admin account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted my only accessible admin account: Please help, yesterday I was going to delete an account that was under the name "local test" because I have recently made a local account, but later signed back into my microaoft account, i have found some things flawed with the system. I would like to know if there is a...
  8. Can't access my admin account to in account repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access my admin account to in account repair: I updated to 1903 today and then ran into some malware somewhere and I attempted to remove it in safe mode, but it reappeared when i rebooted. I went into account repair, but my admin account (my only account) doesn't show so I can sign in and attempt repair. Now I'm stuck...
  9. Can't run anything as admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't run anything as admin: I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now I can't run anything as administrator. I just receive File system error (-1073741819) The annoying thing about the problem is that it means I can't actually run cmd in order to run sfc /scannow - although I did manage to run...
  10. Stuck with a guest account - can't access admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck with a guest account - can't access admin account: I am trying to change my user account from guest to admin as many things aren't working right. I have tried cmd -> netplwiz and it asks me for an admin password, but gives me no box to type it in. Even if it did, I don't know what the admin password is. I have two accounts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant access anything on windows 10 as i deleted admin account

2. deleted every account except guest account