Windows 10: Deleted Admin Account's folder is still present and controls PC

Discus and support Deleted Admin Account's folder is still present and controls PC in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have had this problem for a while and hopefully I posted it in the right category as there are many issues surrounding this account. When I first... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ObamaFard, Jun 22, 2019.

1. ObamaFard Win User

Deleted Admin Account's folder is still present and controls PC

I have had this problem for a while and hopefully I posted it in the right category as there are many issues surrounding this account.

When I first got my PC I created an admin account with someone else's email as I had been locked out. Once I recovered my email I created a new account with it and tried deleting the first account. Unfortunately, the first account folder did not leave the users folder but the account itself was gone as if it had been deleted.

Problems

1. Whenever I save or download a file I always have to save it in the folder of the deleted account which is in the users folder
    Deleted Admin Account's folder is still present and controls PC [​IMG]
    (the circled account is the "deleted" account)

2. If I try and delete the clewi folder it then proceeds from what I assume to delete all of my computer files. I think this because, the pop up states that there are at least 5,000 items detected even though the folder is empty. Additionally, it asks for permission to delete the Jeremy user folder which is obviously not in the clewi folder

3. Even though the Jeremy account is set as an administrator I need administrator approval for a lot of actions such as moving and deleting folders

Does anyone know how I can remove the clewi user folder without deleting all of my files?
    If not, does anyone know how to make it so that I don't need to save all of my files in the clewi folder?

:)

ObamaFard, Jun 22, 2019
  2. kenkickr Win User

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleted Admin Account's folder is still present and controls PC :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleted Admin Account's folder is still present and controls PC :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Deleted Admin Account's folder is still present and controls PC

delete administrator account

Hi,

Method 1. Delete an admin account via Settings

Step 1: Open Settings app by simultaneously pressing Windows logo and I keys on the keyboard.

Step 2: In the Settings app, navigate to Accounts > Family and other accounts. If you are on Enterprise edition of Windows 10, please navigate to Accounts > Other accounts.

Step 3: Here, you can see all admin as well as standard user accounts. As said before, the account which you have currently signed in doesn’t appear in the list here. For instance, if you have two admin accounts “A” and “B” on your PC, you need to sign in to
    account “A” to delete admin account “B.”

Step 4: Click on the admin account which you want to delete or remove. Click the Remove button.

Step 5: When you see the following confirmation dialog, click Delete account and data button to delete the account and all data from the account.

Method 2. Delete admin account via Control Panel

Step 1: Open Control Panel. Change View by to Small icons. Click User Accounts.

Step 2: Click Manage another account link to see all user accounts on the PC.

Step 3: Click on the admin account which you want to delete or remove.

Step 4: Click Delete the account link.

Step 5: When you see the following confirmation dialog, either click Delete Files or Keep Files button. If you click the Keep Files button, Windows automatically saves the data of the account in a folder on your current desktop before deleting the account.

Good luck...

MilagrosM2020, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Deleted Admin Account's folder is still present and controls PC

1. Deleted Admin Account's folder is still present and controls PC - Similar Threads - Deleted Admin Account's

2. One Drive account still present

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive account still present: Hi,In my office PC I had two work accounts which sync with two onedrive instances. That mean that I have two onedrive icons on my taskbar, one for each account.I removed one professional account from windows but I still have two icons, one that sync an another one without...
  3. One Drive account still present

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive account still present: Hi,In my office PC I had two work accounts which sync with two onedrive instances. That mean that I have two onedrive icons on my taskbar, one for each account.I removed one professional account from windows but I still have two icons, one that sync an another one without...
  4. How to restore Admin Account/Control in my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore Admin Account/Control in my PC?: Hi. How can I restore the Administrative account in my Windows 11 when I only have 2 local standard account. I don't know how can I activate them as admin since I am not the admin of my own personal pc. Please help. Thank you....
  5. How to restore Admin Account/Control in my PC?

How to restore Admin Account/Control in my PC?: Hi. How can I restore the Administrative account in my Windows 11 when I only have 2 local standard account. I don't know how can I activate them as admin since I am not the admin of my own personal pc. Please help. Thank you....
  6. Deleted account Still connected to personal PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted account Still connected to personal PC: I had a microsoft account through my previous employer and used that account to log into my pc when I first bought it. I've since left that job and the email has been deleted on the employer's end. However, I keep getting notifications that there is a problem with my work or...
  7. Deleted account Still connected to personal PC

Deleted account Still connected to personal PC: I had a microsoft account through my previous employer and used that account to log into my pc when I first bought it. I've since left that job and the email has been deleted on the employer's end. However, I keep getting notifications that there is a problem with my work or...
  8. Deleted account Still connected to personal PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Deleted an admin account and want to recover it. Still have access to its C:\Users\ folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted an admin account and want to recover it. Still have access to its C:\Users\ folder: My first admin account after building my computer was a school account that was not a microsoft account or a local account. I used a PIN to unlock the computer. I decided to change the PC from using a school account to a local account. I then created a new local account and...
  10. Deleting An Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting An Admin Account: My 15 y/o son has somehow become the administrator account on my laptop. I already created a new account for me and set it to administrator. I am unable to delete his account as it is set to my login on the laptop. Help!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deleted account but user folder still present