Windows 10: Deleted all paths, fix?

Discus and support Deleted all paths, fix? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few months ago, I was trying to fix one of the games that I have downloaded and accidentally deleted all my paths that the computer uses to do things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Derrickeh, May 10, 2019.

1. Derrickeh Win User

Deleted all paths, fix?

A few months ago, I was trying to fix one of the games that I have downloaded and accidentally deleted all my paths that the computer uses to do things like troubleshooting sound problems. My computer is windows 10Without the paths, I cannot fix any problems or issues I encounter. Also, when accessing advanced system settings in the system to try to fix and put back the paths, it stated "Windows cannot find '%windir%\system32\systempropertiesadvanced.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again. Also, when trying to use system restore to restore system settings, it said: "System restore could not start."

:)

Derrickeh, May 10, 2019

2. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, May 10, 2019
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, May 10, 2019
  4. Deleted all paths, fix?

Reappearing files I deleted

Hi Aleander,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the folder and check if it's reappear.

• Open the Command prompt with admin (Windows +x and select Command prompt).

• In the command prompt, type the command below and press enter.

NOTE: Substitute
        Full Path of Folder within quotes below with your folder's full path within quotes instead.

RD /S /Q "Full Path of Folder".

• The folder should now be deleted.

• Close the command prompt.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue and check if it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Deleted all paths, fix?

1. Deleted all paths, fix? - Similar Threads - Deleted paths fix

2. Access to path is denied but path is unrestricted access for all options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to path is denied but path is unrestricted access for all options?: I'm trying to launch the game Batman Arkham Asylum, and getting the error message Unhandled exception... Access to the path "C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents\Square Enix\BAA\BmGame\Config\UserEngine.ini is denied."Thing is, I have full access to that path and even when I...
  3. Access to path is denied but path is unrestricted access for all options?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to path is denied but path is unrestricted access for all options?: I'm trying to launch the game Batman Arkham Asylum, and getting the error message Unhandled exception... Access to the path "C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents\Square Enix\BAA\BmGame\Config\UserEngine.ini is denied."Thing is, I have full access to that path and even when I...
  4. Is there a whay to change the desktop folder path and have all file path dependencies...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a whay to change the desktop folder path and have all file path dependencies...: Hi,My computer settings are set to English, but I noticed something odd about my desktop folder show in English in the navigation bar, but as soon as I click on it, It switches to French. I had tried changing the name through OneDrive, which didn't work and I tried relocating...
  5. Is there a whay to change the desktop folder path and have all file path dependencies...

Is there a whay to change the desktop folder path and have all file path dependencies...: Hi,My computer settings are set to English, but I noticed something odd about my desktop folder show in English in the navigation bar, but as soon as I click on it, It switches to French. I had tried changing the name through OneDrive, which didn't work and I tried relocating...
  6. How to fix after accidently delete all registry on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix after accidently delete all registry on...: I just accidentally delete all registry in \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts in the registry editor, and now my laptop can't do a lot of things like can't use search on the taskbar, sometime it cant read from keyboard, many character also...
  7. How to fix after accidently delete all registry on...

How to fix after accidently delete all registry on...: I just accidentally delete all registry in \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts in the registry editor, and now my laptop can't do a lot of things like can't use search on the taskbar, sometime it cant read from keyboard, many character also...
  8. Can't delete the external error path, HELP

Can't delete the external error path, HELP: I downloaded a file sent by my friend, and I didn't expect this error came along with her file into my laptop. I try to do anything to delete but failed. Can anyone tell me how to fix this??...
  9. Can't delete this external path, help me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't delete this external path, help me: I downloaded a file sent by my friend, and I didn't expect this error came along with her file into my laptop. I try to do anything to delete but failed. Can anyone tell me how to fix this??...
  10. i deleted my download path

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i deleted my download path: accidentaly i deleted users folder my name and downloads so all my downloads are downloading in documents help me fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-my-download-path/5d5fdb25-cd80-4acd-895f-bf3043ce3872