Windows 10: Deleted all permissions for a file and now unable to delete file

Discus and support Deleted all permissions for a file and now unable to delete file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I recently ran into some issues with google chrome not working correctly and had to do a rather complicated uninstall. One of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by our_man, Oct 12, 2020.

1. our_man Win User

Deleted all permissions for a file and now unable to delete file

Hi all,

I recently ran into some issues with google chrome not working correctly and had to do a rather complicated uninstall. One of the suggestions involved deleting all users with permission to access chrome in the security settings. I tried a few other things too and I'm not sure precisely what worked but I managed to uninstall google chrome and reinstall it successfully again as you can see from the icon in my screenshot. The problem is however I have been left with the old google desktop icon as a blank page icon that I cannot delete. I have tried going back into security settings and granting myself access again see screenshot. I go into change, click find now and select administrator. I then go back to the screen below where the owner is now displayed as me, the administrator, and the message below it has changed to say ''you do not have permission to view this object's security properties, even as an administrative user. To try taking ownership of an object, which included permission to view its properties, click Change above." Why on Earth is it telling me to do what I've just done again!? I go in and repeat the process and it makes no difference. I would greatly appreciate any help - unfortunately performing a system restore is not an option and I have already tried to delete it in safe mode. Deleted all permissions for a file and now unable to delete file 5fd5cbff-1044-40fa-b834-b9b6ea8f8f8c?upload=true.jpg

:)

our_man, Oct 12, 2020

2. win 7 need perm to delete files

i have this thing on the windows 8. they need permission to delete thumbs.db files? :S
    i just access from my phone and delete them lol.

de.das.dude, Oct 12, 2020
  3. macbeth Win User
    Cannot delete files in Temp

There are a few files that i cant delete in
    C:\Documents and Settings\1st User\Local Settings\Temp
    which are ~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp, ~ROMFN_000007A8 and Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat. And some times there are a few more.
    What are these files and why cant they be deleted?

macbeth, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

BAT File That Deletes Files Below Specific Size

@travva : Doesn't your script delete all files in a directory that are over 1MB in size?

Shouldnt that line be .... for %%j in (*) do if %%~zj lss 10000 del %%j ... to delete files smaller than 10k ?

Kreij, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Deleted all permissions for a file and now unable to delete file - Similar Threads - Deleted permissions file

2. Unable to delete a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete a file: Hi, my name is Aakash. I have a file that has a long name just filled with random characters. I am not able to delete that file. I am not sure why. I believe it is because of the name as it is to long and the system can't properly load it or something. Please help me as it is...
  3. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files with no permission to delete: So, I installed the Hitman Trilogy from XBox Game Pass and the install broke, showing an error 0x00000000. I've tracked it down to find that it's still partially installed in my D: drive in WindowsApps with one of the subsections of the game causing the error code 0x80073d12...
  4. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files with no permission to delete: So, I installed the Hitman Trilogy from XBox Game Pass and the install broke, showing an error 0x00000000. I've tracked it down to find that it's still partially installed in my D: drive in WindowsApps with one of the subsections of the game causing the error code 0x80073d12...
  5. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to delete a file

Unable to delete a file: There appears to be a corrupt .mp4 file on one of my hard drives that will not allow me to delete it. I get no error message or pop up when I try to delete it. It just doesn't' delete. How do I fix this? Thanks...
  7. Permission to delete file and folder

Permission to delete file and folder: [IMG]i want to delete an app from my laptop but it requires permission from system and administrator but I can't do it. Please tell me how to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-to-delete-file-and-folder/3d51b993-bd01-4440-8d32-ac348254491d"
  8. UNABLE TO DELETE FILES

UNABLE TO DELETE FILES: I have been attempting to clean out the "junk" and useless files accumulated over the years. One file that I have named "Downloads" contains nothing but archaic items (i.e., 2011-2013), but I cannot delete any of the items within that file. I am running Windows 10. Any...
  9. unabled to delete file

unabled to delete file: im unable to delete this file . [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unabled-to-delete-file/0d741951-eac5-4c4b-954d-0fc73b7f6949"
  10. File permissions to delete file

in Windows 10 Support
    File permissions to delete file: I keep having the issue of not being able to delete files without permissions. I looked up many tutorials and none of them worked for me. [img] 87463