Windows 10: Deleted ALL WindowsApps through CMD, how to get them back?

Discus and support Deleted ALL WindowsApps through CMD, how to get them back? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, before you ask "why would you do that?", system restore had an error and I found that a fix is by deleting windowsapps folder completely. Did it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RamsayG0rdon, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Deleted ALL WindowsApps through CMD, how to get them back?

So, before you ask "why would you do that?", system restore had an error and I found that a fix is by deleting windowsapps folder completely. Did it and it didn't work.

How do I get the apps (specifically Microsoft Store) back? I really need Microsoft Store, is there maybe an installer or something? I've also tried powershell methods to get them back but since I wiped all of WindowsApps stuff it can't get it back through that either

submitted by /u/RamsayG0rdon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RamsayG0rdon, Sep 5, 2020
  2. S.cloris Win User

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Sep 5, 2020
  3. WindowsApps not able to be deleted...

I'm trying to delete a WindowsApps folder in my D drive. I'm unable to delete them despite giving myself permission to do so.

I get the following error:

"You need permission to perform this action

You require permission from (My name) to make changes to this folder"

To help trouble shoot why I can't do this, these are the following steps I've taken:

I've gone into Properties > Security > Advanced. I've changed everything I needed to and gave everything full control, yet I'm still unable to do so.

I've tried to go into cmd and powershell and delete them. YES I've ran them both as admin. Yet I still have insufficient permissions.

YES I'm on the main admin account on the computer. There is only one account on the computer, and that's the one I'm on.

NO I'm not on some other account that isn't an admin.

I've used

• takeown /f "c:\foldername" /r
    • icacls "c:\foldername" /reset /t
    in PowerShell, and it says it's not owned by me.

No permission/Access is denied if I use anything CMD related such as trying

• rmdir /Q /S D:/foldername
    • del /f filename
    • DEL /F/Q/S *.* > NUL

I've tried to download third party software to format my harddrive and I can't due to limited space now. I have less than a few kb on my C drive.

I've spent the last two days going through the internet trying anything and everything I can to delete this file, but I cannot seem to be able to do so.

I'm aware this is a file I shouldn't delete, however it only has two things on it. Halo 5 Forge (Which is already uninstalled), and Halo 5 Forge Picture. That is it, so I don't want to hear a "You shouldn't delete this"
    It's keeping me from being able to extend my C drive, and I need this issue fixed ASAP

ChaunFarmer, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Mark0 Win User

Deleted ALL WindowsApps through CMD, how to get them back?

WindowsApps\Deleted and other subfolders

Hello,
    listing the content of %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps, I see a bunch of folders which appear to have a special function. Namely:
    - Deleted
    - DeletedAllUserPackages
    - MovedPackages
    - Mutable
    - MutableBackup
    Does anybody have an idea of their purpose? Sure, I'm not going to mess around with them, just curious.
    Also, %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps\Deleted does contain one subdir:
    - Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_...
    Funny, I never uninstalled the app. How could it end up there?
    Cheers,
    Mark

Mark0, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Deleted ALL WindowsApps through CMD, how to get them back?

1. Deleted ALL WindowsApps through CMD, how to get them back? - Similar Threads - Deleted WindowsApps through

2. All of my photos disappeared, how can I get them back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my photos disappeared, how can I get them back?: I opened my computer and every photo is gone. Downloads, drawings, photos, everything. All other files are still there but the folders the photos were in are even gone. The computer hadn't restarted, and no new applications installed, no updates either. Why did this happen...
  3. All of my photos disappeared, how can I get them back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of my photos disappeared, how can I get them back?: I opened my computer and every photo is gone. Downloads, drawings, photos, everything. All other files are still there but the folders the photos were in are even gone. The computer hadn't restarted, and no new applications installed, no updates either. Why did this happen...
  4. SSD not creating partitions after deleting them through CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not creating partitions after deleting them through CMD: HelloAfter my windows got corrupted, I started installation of windows 20 through usb. But the partitions weren't formatting, so I opened CMD and in diskpart i selected my disk and entered clean command. But now I can't create new partitions. Windows installation setup can't...
  5. SSD not creating partitions after deleting them through CMD

SSD not creating partitions after deleting them through CMD: HelloAfter my windows got corrupted, I started installation of windows 20 through usb. But the partitions weren't formatting, so I opened CMD and in diskpart i selected my disk and entered clean command. But now I can't create new partitions. Windows installation setup can't...
  6. SSD not creating partitions after deleting them through CMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How to delete windowsapps folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete windowsapps folder?: So yesterday, my ssd wasnt detected and I restarted my pc and it seems to have fixed it. But, when I try to launch Forza or Hollow knight which is in my SSD it wont launch. I wanted to reinstall it cuz i figured its probably because of my ssd not being detected the other day...
  8. how to delete WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete WindowsApps: how do i delete WindowsApps folder it has a few games installed but i cant uninstall it is there a way to delete WindowsApps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-windowsapps/432d5fc4-e6be-40d2-ac27-e5a919637155
  9. How to delete WindowsApps?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to delete WindowsApps?: Hi, I want to remove WindowsApps folder from the root of my secondary hard drive. I safely uninstalled everything related with Xbox or Microsoft Store but the folder remains....
  10. i accidental deleted ALL windows 10 modern apps, how to get them back?

i accidental deleted ALL windows 10 modern apps, how to get them back?: I tried to remove bloatware by running a powershell script and removing all of those modern apps that come with a reinstall but i got rid of the store app as well. i at least need the store to download what i do want. i have tried just about everything to restore them back....