Windows 10: Deleted all XBL certificates, stuff aint working now

Discus and support Deleted all XBL certificates, stuff aint working now in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was attempting to fix an issue with halo MMC and i read that if I deleted these xbl certificates it would make it work... It didntNow I cant sign... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RaffMyles, Apr 21, 2023.

1. RaffMyles Win User

Deleted all XBL certificates, stuff aint working now

I was attempting to fix an issue with halo MMC and i read that if I deleted these xbl certificates it would make it work... It didntNow I cant sign into any xbox live product at all, no fixes I have found have worked and Im genuinely lost. Maybe its time to switch to linux

:)

RaffMyles, Apr 21, 2023

2. Weird certificate (XBL Client IPsec Issuing CA) found in my certificate store

I noticed some errors in my event viewer telling me a certificate with a specific thumbprint could not be renewed. I went to find which certificate it was and it was found under local computer/personal certificates and it was issued by XBL Client IPsec Issuing CA. After digging around some more I found that it also had two certificates under Trusted Root Certificates, one for client and one for server. These certificates were still valid (until 2028).

I tried googling these certificates but I couldn't find anything conclusive, but the best bet seemed to be that it was related to Xbox live. Weird thing is though, I have three computers running Windows 10 and only this one has these certificates.

Should I be worried about these certificates and could these be safely deleted as my other computers seem to be working completely fine without them?

MaijaMeika_947, Apr 21, 2023
  3. SteveP555 Win User
    XBL client/server ipSec issuing CA (suspicious?)

When running antimalware/antilogger software it is now detecting 2 suspicious root CAs

XBL client IPsec issuing CA

XBL server IPsec issuing CA

why are they now showing up, should these be deleted or put in exclude safe list?

SteveP555, Apr 21, 2023
  4. Deleted all XBL certificates, stuff aint working now

Unable to view Certification portal

Hi SantosiniChoudhury

Thanks for posting the thread on our forum.

According to your description, it seems that you get the error message and can’t view Certification portal.

About how to download the certificate, you can do the following steps:

1. On the “Your dashboard” page, please click on 'Download or purchase' under “Certificates”.
    2. On the “Certificate” page, select the certificate(s) that you would like to download or purchase.
    3. Please click on the “PDF” button. An "OPEN, SAVE, SAVE AS" bar will pop-up at the bottom of the page.
    Besides, we kindly advise you to follow the steps listed below and attempt to try the following troubleshooting over the day:

1. Make sure to use an up-to-date browser. (e.g. Edge)
    2. Clear cache and cookies. Make sure you check Preserve Favorites, website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies; then click Delete.
    3. On the Delete Browsing History window, make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites, website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies; then click Delete.
    4. Allow all third-party cookies through the browser settings.
    Hope the suggestions can help you.

Regards,

Stacey

Stacey Feng MSFT, Apr 21, 2023
Thema:

Deleted all XBL certificates, stuff aint working now

1. Deleted all XBL certificates, stuff aint working now - Similar Threads - Deleted XBL certificates

2. Deleted all XBL certificates, stuff aint working now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted all XBL certificates, stuff aint working now: I was attempting to fix an issue with halo MMC and i read that if I deleted these xbl certificates it would make it work... It didntNow I cant sign into any xbox live product at all, no fixes I have found have worked and Im genuinely lost. Maybe its time to switch to linux...
  3. Deleted all XBL certificates, stuff aint working now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted all XBL certificates, stuff aint working now: I was attempting to fix an issue with halo MMC and i read that if I deleted these xbl certificates it would make it work... It didntNow I cant sign into any xbox live product at all, no fixes I have found have worked and Im genuinely lost. Maybe its time to switch to linux...
  4. Printer aint working

Printer aint working: My printer today is not working. It is new and it is working couple of days ago. I can print usign test print but when I print on my files it will sits on print queue. I checked if there is a paper jam but there is none. I even look to restart the computer and printer and...
  5. sound aint working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound aint working: I have Dell laptop and my sound starts stuttering thing day. The only thing I remember that change was the update for yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-aint-working/2fd1efe8-233e-4514-b5fa-b1f651be45da
  6. audio aint working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio aint working: audio aint working properly since the last few weeks. It is horrible and the sound keeps on stuttering. My friend told me about the services to restart but I dont know how to do that and I dont want to cause trouble on the PC. Guide me please....
  7. audio aint working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio aint working: audio aint working properly since the last few weeks. It is horrible and the sound keeps on stuttering. My friend told me about the services to restart but I dont know how to do that and I dont want to cause trouble on the PC. Guide me please....
  8. Weird certificate XBL Client IPsec Issuing CA found in my certificate store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird certificate XBL Client IPsec Issuing CA found in my certificate store: I noticed some errors in my event viewer telling me a certificate with a specific thumbprint could not be renewed. I went to find which certificate it was and it was found under local computer/personal certificates and it was issued by XBL Client IPsec Issuing CA. After...
  9. Weird certificate XBL Client IPsec Issuing CA found in my certificate store

Weird certificate XBL Client IPsec Issuing CA found in my certificate store: I noticed some errors in my event viewer telling me a certificate with a specific thumbprint could not be renewed. I went to find which certificate it was and it was found under local computer/personal certificates and it was issued by XBL Client IPsec Issuing CA. After...
  10. Weird certificate XBL Client IPsec Issuing CA found in my certificate store

in Windows 10 Customization