Windows 10: Deleted an hkey user file called s-1-2-5-25

Discus and support Deleted an hkey user file called s-1-2-5-25 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, recently I have downloaded an antimalware program to see if there are any viruses. I saw a regedit virus called S-1-2-5-25. I tried deleting it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ErnieCasis, May 13, 2019.

1. Deleted an hkey user file called s-1-2-5-25

Hello, recently I have downloaded an antimalware program to see if there are any viruses. I saw a regedit virus called S-1-2-5-25.

I tried deleting it but turns out my windows glitches and i coudn't control it after I deleted the regedit key. I restarted my windows 10 and all of my user settings are back to default.. Can someone please help me on how to fix this situation on a Windows 10? Thank you Deleted an hkey user file called s-1-2-5-25 :(

:)

ErnieCasis, May 13, 2019
  2. lynnmay10 Win User

Go Back Windows 7 - error - must delete admin account

I am trying to revert to Windows 7 as Windows 10 is crashing my Acer S3 multiple times every day with a blue screen error or it just freezes and I have to cold boot - I have been trying to resolve for 2 weeks - none of the instructions have worked

These 2 methods (below) looked the most hopeful

the first - the delete key was greyed out so I couldn't delete

the second - there was no HKey as such - I had a list of 5 diffferent HKey folders

Please anyone help I am about to run out of my 30 days

Thanks in advance

Method 1

P ress +, type sysdm.cpl andpress .

• Click on "Advanced" tab.
    • Click on "Settings" under the "User Profiles" section.
    • On the "User Profiles" dialog select the <COMPUTER NAME>\Administrator account and
      click on "Delete".
    • Confirm the delete.
    Warning:

The above steps will also delete all data associated with the built-in Administrator account – please ensure data associated with the built-in Admin is backed up prior to performing the steps.

Method 2

Please go to the registry editor and do the following steps:

• Click +, to open run command. Type "regedit" and click enter.
    • Create a back of the registry. Click on Hkey and go to the File Tab, press Export and save it to your desired your location.
    • Go to the provided path HKey_LocalMachine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.
    • In the profile list you will find a few SID's please find the one related to the deleted user account and delete it.
    To know which sid is related to the User Account you wish to delete just go to a particular S-1-5series and on the right side look
    for ProfileImagePath, you will notice c:/users/User_Account_Name.

lynnmay10, May 13, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 13, 2019
  4. Deleted an hkey user file called s-1-2-5-25

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Deleted an hkey user file called s-1-2-5-25

1. Deleted an hkey user file called s-1-2-5-25 - Similar Threads - Deleted hkey user

2. 1+25

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1+25: Bugfcfftybbj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/125/64c64886-558d-4acc-94e7-f7d0d8f46ce6
  3. 1+25

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1+25: Bugfcfftybbj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/125/64c64886-558d-4acc-94e7-f7d0d8f46ce6
  4. Deleted unknown user hkey classes root, windows broke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted unknown user hkey classes root, windows broke: Hi! So i did something stupid. At the permissions of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, I deleted the unknown user s-1-15-.....I later realized I shouldn't have done that. My windows broke, i cant access folders and files, cant get to start, to recovery or start or anything else. I wanted to...
  5. Deleted unknown user hkey classes root, windows broke

Deleted unknown user hkey classes root, windows broke: Hi! So i did something stupid. At the permissions of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, I deleted the unknown user s-1-15-.....I later realized I shouldn't have done that. My windows broke, i cant access folders and files, cant get to start, to recovery or start or anything else. I wanted to...
  6. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  7. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  8. I accidentally deleted this file called S-1-5-21-2925736768-2535686238-1746969815-1001.bak

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I accidentally deleted this file called S-1-5-21-2925736768-2535686238-1746969815-1001.bak: I accidentally deleted this file when I tried to fix my pc, because it always says that it can't sign in to my account. It always puts me in a temporary account. Now, whenever I try to sign in on my account which is still directing me into a temporary account, the screen goes...
  9. Worried about this Unknown User S-1-5-21-...-1004

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Worried about this Unknown User S-1-5-21-...-1004: I do not recall ever creating a group sharing any of my files. S-1-5-21-*********-**********-**********-1004 is an unknown user who is literally everywhere all up in my permissions on all my personal and valuable software libraries. I've read that this could have come from...
  10. S-1-5-18

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    S-1-5-18: This keeps populating after fresh start. Multiple administrators and appears to be multiple OS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/s-1-5-18/55087d33-da58-4357-a471-15b6c3754c25