Windows 10: Deleted Application still shows up in Apps & Feature

Discus and support Deleted Application still shows up in Apps & Feature in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft Community, When I was younger I tends to delete the application from the installation folder, rather than uninstalling it. Now that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JimmyLow1, Mar 24, 2021.

1. JimmyLow1 Win User

Deleted Application still shows up in Apps & Feature

Hi Microsoft Community,

When I was younger I tends to delete the application from the installation folder, rather than uninstalling it.

Now that I run into issues where I still see the very old deleted apps still show up in the list of Apps & Feature with their respective file sizes. I suspect they are still taking up space as computer thinks they exist but they don't.

When I try to uninstall them when they don't exist, I get error pop ups like "An unexpected error has occurred", or "Windows cannot find original_path_here\uninstall.exe, Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again".

I am not sure how to phrase this issue so searching solution on net gave me no luck. If you have experience on solving this please let me know. Thank you and have a good day.

:)

JimmyLow1, Mar 24, 2021
  2. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Deleting apps

Hello Kelly,

We would like to know more information about your issue so that we will know why you are unable to delete applications on your computer:

• What changes/updates have you made prior to the issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to uninstall an application?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you try the steps in this article on
    how to uninstall apps and programs in Windows 10.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Mar 24, 2021
  4. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Deleted Application still shows up in Apps & Feature - Similar Threads - Deleted Application still

2. Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu: How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalled-applications-are-still-showing-up-in/4e3bbb08-723c-4420-94b1-1446fa43a10c
  3. Photos app not showing up in Apps & Features

Photos app not showing up in Apps & Features: So basically, Photos was crashing, so I tried to fix it.I wanted to reset the app, but it didn't show up.I wondered why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-not-showing-up-in-apps-features/a10a6cb8-96e1-407d-b18f-eeafaa86f1f7
  4. Photos app not showing up in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app not showing up in Apps & Features: So basically, Photos was crashing, so I tried to fix it.I wanted to reset the app, but it didn't show up.I wondered why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-not-showing-up-in-apps-features/a10a6cb8-96e1-407d-b18f-eeafaa86f1f7
  5. Deleted Apps still show up on Search results when searched for.

in Cortana
    Deleted Apps still show up on Search results when searched for.: For example this app, I have uninstalled it already but the icon is still there when searched for. When i click on it nothing happens. I already have done thisBut I couldn't find it there.So yeah, is there any way to fix this?...
  6. NO apps show up in "Optional Features"

in Windows 10 Customization
    NO apps show up in "Optional Features": I am running Windows 10 Pro N for Workstations x64 version 20H2. When I try to add the Media Pack, there isn't anything showing up in the list under "Add Features" and I need this media pack. I'm pretty sure that is why Adobe Rush or Premier won't function error code....
  7. Some apps are not showing up in "Apps & Features"

Some apps are not showing up in "Apps & Features": For example: When I try to search "911 Operator" in the search bar it won't show it, even though I've got it installed. Does anyone know why that's the case and how I can make it show up?[ATTACH]...
  8. uninstalled apps still show in apps and features win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uninstalled apps still show in apps and features win10: How do you remove the icon of an uninstalled app that still show in Apps and Features win10. Clicked (offending program) uninstall and shows windows cannot find c:\windows\system32\ss2uninst.exe. So I removed the program manually. Was able to remove all traces of the...
  9. Deleted app still in App and Feature

Deleted app still in App and Feature: I had deleted an app but it is still presented in the App and Feature settings. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-app-still-in-app-and-feature/cbae7532-63d0-4850-b924-b77e5d0b49c7
  10. Deleted Application not Showing up in Windows Store?

Deleted Application not Showing up in Windows Store?: I recently deleted the game 2048 from my computer. I enjoyed it, but I didn't see a way to reset my high score other than that; the high score that the game had was not my own (someone else had played the game on my computer and gotten that high score), and I wanted it to be...