Windows 10: Deleted backgrounds still showing in personalisation window..

Discus and support Deleted backgrounds still showing in personalisation window.. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I downloaded and tried out some different pictures for my desktop background. After deciding on one of them I deleted the others from my pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Outlander42, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Deleted backgrounds still showing in personalisation window..

I downloaded and tried out some different pictures for my desktop background. After deciding on one of them I deleted the others from my pictures folder but the deleted pictures are still showing in the personalisation window and can even still be set as background. Any ideas why that's happening or how to stop it?

:)

Outlander42, Aug 18, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

windows driver updates

Hi eligahn1, I am not saying you should not download their fix - it may work !!

The general fix for Spotlight is:

Go into the Settings App - Personalisation - LockScreen

Set Background to picture and choose one

Then open Windows File Explorer and paste this into the Address Bar

%USERPROFILE%/AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets

Delete everything in that folder

Restart your PC

Go into the Settings App - Personalisation - LockScreen

Set Background to Windows Spotlight

DaveM121, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Sideshow

Hello- I am having a problem with Windows 10 Slideshow in Personalise. I right click on desktop, click on personalise, click on browse and then select my folder that I would like to use. I click slideshow and then go out of it. A while later I find my
    pictures are not showing the pictures in the folder I have chosen and when I go into Personalise it is showing Desktop Background instead of the folder I have chosen. Can anyone help me please? Thank you

FaithLouise, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Deleted backgrounds still showing in personalisation window..

Hello Outlander, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

The five images you see under "Choose your picture" are just your recently used pictures. As you change your desktop background, it'll replace them with the 5 most recent ones used.

This helps allow you to be able quickly switch between your last 5 used pictures.

Brink, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

Deleted backgrounds still showing in personalisation window..

1. Deleted backgrounds still showing in personalisation window.. - Similar Threads - Deleted backgrounds still

2. Personalisation of Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalisation of Background: I want to change the background picture on my PC using one of my own photos, but there is no 'Browse' button displayed on the 'Background' page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalisation-of-background/2448d803-fa8f-4c12-9b67-c096dce6ef47
  3. Choose a Fit - Windows 10 Background Personalisation

Choose a Fit - Windows 10 Background Personalisation: I have a third party app that updates my background every 25 minuets. That means I cannot use the slideshow setting in personalisation. How can I change the default choose a fit setting so that my image is the perfect fit every time it updates? The default choose a fit...
  4. Window 10 Background Personalisation

Window 10 Background Personalisation: I have a third party app that updates my background every 25 minuets. That means I cannot use the slideshow setting in personalisation. How can I change the default choose a fit setting so that my image is the perfect fit every time it updates? The default choose a fit...
  5. Deleted folder still showing on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted folder still showing on desktop: I seem to have this problem frequently. I delete a folder from my desktop, and it vanishes as expected. Then, some time later perhaps after the computer has been locked or gone to sleep I find the same folder or folders back on the desktop. Attempting to delete the folder...
  6. Personalised background image.

Personalised background image.: I run the slideshow option for the background selecting a specific folder or 'Pictures'. Is there any way to identify an image when it displays on the screen please?...
  7. Windows Settings Personalisation Background Freezes When Opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Settings Personalisation Background Freezes When Opening: When I'm opening Windows settings it opens, as normal, but when I open Personalisation setting my Settings window completly freezes. Idk what to do. I can close Settings, but I can't change my background....
  8. Background gone (as well as background picture option in personalisation) after update

Background gone (as well as background picture option in personalisation) after update: I let the computer update while I was asleep, so I don't know if there were issues, but the computer seemed fine when I took a look at it this morning. Except for the fact that my desktop background is gone, it's all black, and the option to choose a picture in...
  9. Deleted User Still Showing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted User Still Showing: File Explorer and Directory Opus Listers DO NOT show the Deleted User. When Using a sub-Browser (not sure what it's called) The Deleted User is listed with all of the sub menus! 115198
  10. Deleted User Still Showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted User Still Showing: File Explorer and Directory Opus Listers DO NOT show the Deleted User. When Using a sub-Browser (not sure what it's called) The Deleted User is listed with all of the sub menus! 115198