Windows 10: Deleted .bak file

Discus and support Deleted .bak file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey. I've accidentally deleted my .bak file instead of renaming it because I was having the "we couldn't sign into your account" thing. Now I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RetroXT, Nov 11, 2020.

1. RetroXT Win User

Deleted .bak file

Hey. I've accidentally deleted my .bak file instead of renaming it because I was having the "we couldn't sign into your account" thing. Now I'm permanently locked out of my account and in some random one. I really don't want to lose my stuff and I just need a solution on how to log back into my account because I need it for school tomorrow online. Please, help me out, I really need it.

:)

RetroXT, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10 .bak file extensions not showing

Hi Tom,

The .bak file is a file extension of the backup files. To delete the unwanted backup files, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key. Type backup, then select
      Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
    • Under Back up or restore your files, click Manage space.
    • Under Manage Windows Backup disk space, you will see the
      Backup location
    • Under Data file backup, click View backups.
    • Under Select a back period to delete, choose the backups you want to delete.

Note: You have an option to delete the earlier system image to save a disk space. To do so, check the following steps:

• Go back to the Manage Windows Backup disk space window.
    • Under System image, click Change settings.
    • Under Select how Windows retains older system images, choose from the 2 options.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Riel Alc, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Nov 11, 2020
  4. JAY
    Jay Win User

Deleted .bak file

How to re-enable Cortana Windows 10, used adding .bak to file folder to disable

I followed the steps listed by MC10 in this link Can I completely disable Cortana on Windows 10?

But then I realized it disables being able to search using the start menu and I want to re-enable Cortana. I tried deleting the .bak from the file folder, but I can't because Windows created a new identical folder. I tried removing the new folder and removing .bak, restart, no luck and then I also just got rid of the old .bak folder, restart no luck.

How can I get Cortana working again?

Thema:

Deleted .bak file

1. Deleted .bak file - Similar Threads - Deleted bak file

2. Delete Catroot2.bak folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Catroot2.bak folder: I found a "Catroot2.bak" folder in my Windows/System32 directory. Is it save to delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-catroot2bak-folder/908f3543-906e-4e26-8823-512951f444a3
  3. Delete Catroot2.bak folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Catroot2.bak folder: I found a "Catroot2.bak" folder in my Windows/System32 directory. Is it save to delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-catroot2bak-folder/908f3543-906e-4e26-8823-512951f444a3
  4. .bak profile deleted using the regedit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .bak profile deleted using the regedit: hello..need help here.. i've deleted my .bak profile using the regedit..i thot it was the profile w/ error..leaving the temporary profile & using it now as the main profile..i can't system restore nor create one..what will i do..cant access the files of my computer. can i...
  5. Accidentally delete deleted profile .bak file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally delete deleted profile .bak file: Yeah so I feel like a complete idiot right now. I got the temp profile issue and meant to delete the non .bak, but deleted the bak on accident. What should I do? submitted by /u/colepher2 [link] [comments]...
  6. how to recover profile .bak file

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to recover profile .bak file: Friends, I have accidently deleted Windows .bak profile file from regedit menu & now unable to see my important data. Please advise on how to recover it ? regards Padmaraj...
  7. I accidentally deleted my main microsoft account file with .bak on it

I accidentally deleted my main microsoft account file with .bak on it: I accidentally deleted this file when I tried to fix my pc, because it always says that it can't sign in to my account. It always puts me in a temporary account. Now, whenever I try to sign in on my account which is still directing me into a temporary account, the screen goes...
  8. Accidently deleted .bak user file from RegEdit

Accidently deleted .bak user file from RegEdit: I had the issue of logging on my Windows 10 account and i got the message saying "you've been signed out of the profile and logged on a temporary profile". I checked for solutions online and one was to go to RegEdit, delete the temp user registry and rename the one with...
  9. .bak file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .bak file: How do I open a .bak file? Have made a backup copy but proving frustrating trying to open the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bak-file/14ebc606-47f5-4744-8aca-418f80303a06"
  10. how to open a .bak file

in Windows 10 Support
    how to open a .bak file: I understand that a .bak file is created as a back up but why would my windows 10 computer create a file I can't open ? 54366

Users found this page by searching for:

1. puting bak extension on my profile