Windows 10: deleted data backup

Discus and support deleted data backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; any software of deleted data recovery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-data-backup/0b3af99d-cbfa-4eb1-838d-a81807b42250 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vijaywaghavale1, Jun 21, 2020.

1. deleted data backup

any software of deleted data recovery

:)

vijaywaghavale1, Jun 21, 2020

2. Data Backup

RAID is so often misunderstood. It offers only the following:

1./ Faster disk system, and/or
    2./ Additional "redundant" HDDs, so if one HDD fails, a copy of the data is still there. The RAID system automatically recovers.

As Dan said, that is a live copy, NOT BACKUP. If you delete or overwrite a file it's GONE! If the server catches fire, has a brown out, or is stolen, the data is GONE!

You need a physically seperate backup system.

The simplest system is a NAS (basically a cut down server that only does filesharing). You then run a backup overnight when the network isnt busy.

Alternatively, use a USB or Firewire 1TB HDD and connect it to the server and run a backup of key folders.

**NOTE**
    Do read up on good backup practice. It is a good idea to use grandfathering techniques, and for most people, NOT to backup every night, but once or week. Reason: your *new* backup overwrites an old backup. But only after the backup, you realise you need to recover from the old backup. Data lost, unless you grandfather.

It is more likely that a user error will mean that you need to go back to the archive to recover files, than due to hardware failure. Therefore, plan your backup strategy accordingly.

lemonadesoda, Jun 21, 2020
  3. arens Win User
    [WPSL] Backup app data

Hi All,

I have a Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight app in the store for quite some time now. I recently noticed that the automatic backup for my app doesn't work.

• The app is listed in my phones (W10M) backup options and automatic backup is enabled
    • Disable automatic backup is not checked in the WMAppManifest.xml
    • Setting "Windows can include this product’s data in automatic backups to OneDrive." in the Dev Center is checked
    • All of the apps data is written to Windows.Storage.ApplicationData.Current.LocalFolder
    • Using ISETool I'm able to get all the data
    What am I possibly missing here?

Note: This question was posted in the MSDN forums before but MSFT suggested to post this here:

MSDN forum article

Regards,

Stephan

arens, Jun 21, 2020
  4. TheITGuy Win User

deleted data backup

Need to know Best Recovery Software to recover shift+Deleted data

There's a few tools to recover the data after the fact but I have never seen them work so I'm not going to recommend it for you. You need a backup solution of some type. Either invest in a disk imager, or snapshot software like Rollback Rx.

TheITGuy, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

deleted data backup

1. deleted data backup - Similar Threads - deleted data backup

2. Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically: Good morning,we have some computers that create a backup by week, in a external drive since 2-3 months.The problem is that Windows 10 isn't deleting old backups and drive is being full so fast. I want to know if it exists some way to do this task automatically, because now I...
  3. Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically: Good morning,we have some computers that create a backup by week, in a external drive since 2-3 months.The problem is that Windows 10 isn't deleting old backups and drive is being full so fast. I want to know if it exists some way to do this task automatically, because now I...
  4. Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fails to delete windows 10 Data file backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fails to delete windows 10 Data file backup: Getting below error while deleting windows data file backup period. Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Backup and Restore Windows 7 > Manage Space > View Backups > select backup period > Delete "Not all files and directories were deleted. First Failed file is \\?\Volume{...
  6. Restore backup data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore backup data: My computer was attacked by Malware. I took a backup of the data and reset my PC the OS. I ran a scan of my external hard drive which contains my backup and some threats were detected and removed. Now I'm trying to restore the data through Control Panel> System and Security >...
  7. Backup data folders

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup data folders: Hello, I'm looking for a software that backup data folders: - The master folder (A) should be untouched - The destination folder (B) should be the perfect copy of (A) - Case sensitive - A file with the same size and date but with different metadata should be updated on the...
  8. backup data

backup data: i reset my leptop(windows 10) , then all drives data is wipe out now how to bake that all data ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-data/4e9ee438-ef2d-442b-b3f7-f48c2f87ec33
  9. checking the backup data

checking the backup data: hi! I just want to check if the data that i have made backup of on my external hard drive , has been made correctly. how do i check it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-the-backup-data/4e247465-1a71-42a0-866e-d19f34af6e1c
  10. Data Backup Issues

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Data Backup Issues: Hi all I'm a desktop engineer by trade to start with so am very familiar with most things that my topic covers. But this one issue has me a little bamboozled lol In my work, I never experience this so I believe it is down to permissions etc... The problem...