Windows 10: Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion

Discus and support Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, if i delete a file, folder, .rar, etc. from my desktop and open a game, or program, the file keeps reappearing on the desktop. If i press F5 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DuckyStar, Sep 28, 2020.

1. DuckyStar Win User

Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion

Hi,

if i delete a file, folder, .rar, etc. from my desktop and open a game, or program, the file keeps reappearing on the desktop. If i press F5 on the desktop it disappears, but it's very annoying to be pressing F5 the hole time and if i try to delete the file it tells me that i should try again because the file isn't in its location anymore. It's kinda a ghost/zombie file reappearing.

What should i do or try?

Windows 10 Pro 2004

Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion [​IMG]

:)

DuckyStar, Sep 28, 2020

2. Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Reappearing files I deleted

Hi Aleander,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the folder and check if it's reappear.

• Open the Command prompt with admin (Windows +x and select Command prompt).

• In the command prompt, type the command below and press enter.

NOTE: Substitute
        Full Path of Folder within quotes below with your folder's full path within quotes instead.

RD /S /Q "Full Path of Folder".

• The folder should now be deleted.

• Close the command prompt.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue and check if it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 28, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion - Similar Threads - Deleted desktop files

2. Icons reappear after deleted from Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons reappear after deleted from Desktop: When I created a file "on the desktop" videos, docs etc. then decide to delete the file, a ghost icon will reappear after opening a full screen program or signing-out. The work-a-round is easy enough: Just right click and Refresh the screen and the ghost icon disappears....
  3. Desktop icon of moved or deleted file reappears after scale change

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icon of moved or deleted file reappears after scale change: I'm seeing this on both 2004 machines. Easy to replicate: 1. Move or Copy a file onto the Desktop 2. Move or Delete the file from the Desktop 3. Change Display scale 4. Zombie file icon appears 5. Change Display scale back 6. Zombie file icon remains Easily removed with a...
  4. Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!

Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!: I deleted a folder in File Manager which then reappeared. Then I tried again; it reappeared. Then, based on advice online, I selected Shift-Delete to permanently delete it. It looked like it was gone for awhile, then reappeared a week or so later! There is nothing in this...
  5. App keeps reappearing after I permanently delete it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App keeps reappearing after I permanently delete it: Hi people, I have a Bible app that keeps redownloading after I permanently delete all the relating files as well as the app. I feel like I've gotten rid of the entire app and the files, but after a short while, the app comes back and I have to keep re-deleting everything...
  6. Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!

Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!: I deleted a folder in File Manager which then reappeared. Then I tried again; it reappeared. Then, based on advice online, I selected Shift-Delete to permanently delete it. It looked like it was gone for awhile, then reappeared a week or so later! There is nothing in this...
  7. Reappearing directories and files after permanently deleting

Reappearing directories and files after permanently deleting: I've been trying to delete several folders and their files in Windows 10. I'm using using the "permanently delete" function. They keep reappearing. Could it be one-drive? What do I have to do the keep them gone?...
  8. Files and folders reappear after deleting or moving

Files and folders reappear after deleting or moving: I have 2 places on my Windows 10 machine where folders reappear after being moved or deleted. The pictures folder and download folders have been moved from the small SSD C drive to the larger D drive. Several folders in the picture folders return to their original place...
  9. Contacts desktop shortcut keeps reappearing after being deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contacts desktop shortcut keeps reappearing after being deleted: It started a few months ago. I suddenly had a "contacts" shortcut appear on my desktop so I deleted it. It was empty. The next time I came it came back. It has never stopped, I have tried to hide it in another folder, change the name or deleting the folder it was in. For some...
  10. Deleted MSG files saved to Desktop keep reappearing

Deleted MSG files saved to Desktop keep reappearing: Message files (.msg) that are permanently deleted from my Desktop folder continue to reappear after refreshing the desktop, restarting explorer.exe, etc. In case it's relevant, I'm working in a corporate domain environment with automated backups running on a schedule. The...