Windows 10: Deleted desktop folder recovery

Discus and support Deleted desktop folder recovery in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I uninstalled an app installed on the desktop with its uninstall tool, and guess what, the tool was programmed to delete the entire FOLDER it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joshua___, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Joshua___ Win User

Deleted desktop folder recovery

I uninstalled an app installed on the desktop with its uninstall tool, and guess what, the tool was programmed to delete the entire FOLDER it was installed on!! I had NO System Restore points!! HELP MY POOR PC!!

:)

Joshua___, Jun 12, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleted desktop folder recovery :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleted desktop folder recovery :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 12, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jun 12, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Deleted desktop folder recovery - Similar Threads - Deleted desktop folder

2. desktop folders recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop folders recovery: I used the command rd /s "\\?\C: Users/dell/desktop and deleted all my desktop folders by mistake. Now I don't know how I can get the files back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-folders-recovery/c74cda81-b35c-4c99-a1f6-53cb80139b41
  3. desktop folders recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop folders recovery: I used the command rd /s "\\?\C: Users/dell/desktop and deleted all my desktop folders by mistake. Now I don't know how I can get the files back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-folders-recovery/c74cda81-b35c-4c99-a1f6-53cb80139b41
  4. Unable to delete folder on desktop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete folder on desktop.: Okay so I was being really stupid and looking in the permissions of a folder I had on my desktop in the security tab. But I accidently disabled the READ access permission on ADMINISTRATORS so I cant delete the file nor can I even see whats inside it. Please help I have tried...
  5. Deleting Folders in Desktop

Deleting Folders in Desktop: Hello everyone! I create this post to ask if someone can help me to delete these Folders in my Desktop category. I've tried to right-click on these Folders to find the way to delete them. But it doesn't seem to have a option to delete. Does anyone have a solution to help me?...
  6. Cannot delete this folder on desktop !

Cannot delete this folder on desktop !: Hello, This a folder in my computer desktop, I have used this folder for some paper writings and all but after completing my tasks I wanted to delete this folder from my desktop but it is not deleting by any means at all. I have tried various methods to solve this problem...
  7. deleted desktop folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    deleted desktop folder: deleted desktop folder and this error comes please help me [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-desktop-folder/dd9aa2cc-8b6d-4d8e-b181-5934ced03c24
  8. Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop: I've been trying to delete folders on my desktop but They won't delete. Files are deleting just fine but when I try deleting a folder, it gives me this processing tab: [img] and "completes" the deletion but the folder never ends up getting deleted. It can be opened,...
  9. Accidentally deleted desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally deleted desktop folder: I have accidentally deleted my desktop folder. It is now renamed "downloads" and appears twice in file explorer under "this PC". I messed it up when I tried to make all my downloads go to the desktop. I can see it and work with it, but I want the desktop name back. I feel...
  10. Deleting Recovery Image folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting Recovery Image folder: Hi, I was searching my drive to clear space. I came accross the Recovery Image folder, and I wanted to clear it, but wasn't sure if it was safe to do so. I'm not too bothered if I don't have an image to fall back to. It's just that I'm on a 250GB SSD and I need to clear...