Windows 10: Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop

Discus and support Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been trying to delete folders on my desktop but They won't delete. Files are deleting just fine but when I try deleting a folder, it gives me this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cg21315, Aug 11, 2018.

1. cg21315 Win User

Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop

I've been trying to delete folders on my desktop but They won't delete. Files are deleting just fine but when I try deleting a folder, it gives me this processing tab:

Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop [​IMG]

and "completes" the deletion but the folder never ends up getting deleted. It can be opened, viewed, etc. It only gets deleted when I drag the folder over to the recycling bin.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

:)

cg21315, Aug 11, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop

1. Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop - Similar Threads - Deleted Desktop Folder

2. Unable to delete folder on desktop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete folder on desktop.: Okay so I was being really stupid and looking in the permissions of a folder I had on my desktop in the security tab. But I accidently disabled the READ access permission on ADMINISTRATORS so I cant delete the file nor can I even see whats inside it. Please help I have tried...
  3. Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder): Ok, so I'm by no means a tech luddite, but this one has me stumped even after trawling some forums. When I delete "some" icons from my desktop the icon does not actually disappear. It stays there on my desktop but is no longer active. I cannot click on it or interact with it...
  4. Deleting Folders in Desktop

Deleting Folders in Desktop: Hello everyone! I create this post to ask if someone can help me to delete these Folders in my Desktop category. I've tried to right-click on these Folders to find the way to delete them. But it doesn't seem to have a option to delete. Does anyone have a solution to help me?...
  5. Cannot delete this folder on desktop !

Cannot delete this folder on desktop !: Hello, This a folder in my computer desktop, I have used this folder for some paper writings and all but after completing my tasks I wanted to delete this folder from my desktop but it is not deleting by any means at all. I have tried various methods to solve this problem...
  6. deleted desktop folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    deleted desktop folder: deleted desktop folder and this error comes please help me [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-desktop-folder/dd9aa2cc-8b6d-4d8e-b181-5934ced03c24
  7. Camera Roll Icon on Desktop will not stay 'DELETED'!

in Windows 10 Support
    Camera Roll Icon on Desktop will not stay 'DELETED'!: For some reason, and I think it was a Win10 Update that caused it, the 'Camera Roll' Shortcut keeps coming back onto the Desktop Screen when I delete it. I read a much older post where it seemed to be linked to One Drive and a Photos App but One Drive is blocked from...
  8. Delete desktop item but the icon stays

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete desktop item but the icon stays: Just that. I have several short cuts on the desktop, some of which are downloads. Once I have finished with the shortcut I delete it (I'm asked to confirm deletion) but the icon is still there. If I then try to delete it again I'm told that it doesn't exist or has moved....
  9. Accidentally deleted desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally deleted desktop folder: I have accidentally deleted my desktop folder. It is now renamed "downloads" and appears twice in file explorer under "this PC". I messed it up when I tried to make all my downloads go to the desktop. I can see it and work with it, but I want the desktop name back. I feel...
  10. Desktop to Stay

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop to Stay: Can't wait for Windows 9. I posted this on Windows 8 forum and the H8erts came out AGAIN. Loved Windows 7 Forum but Windows 8 Forum is getting to be a boar. Jim *Banghead Two good articles from Mary Jo. Interview with Terry Myerson, Microsoft's Executive Vice...