Windows 10: Deleted "Download" folder files in using disk cleanup

Discus and support Deleted "Download" folder files in using disk cleanup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm not aware that in newer version of Windows 10 (i don't know in what particular update) that they included in Disk clean up the deletion of Download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jay Rommel, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Deleted "Download" folder files in using disk cleanup

I'm not aware that in newer version of Windows 10 (i don't know in what particular update) that they included in Disk clean up the deletion of Download files. And now i can't recover anymore my files even using any recovery tools. I already downloaded many files in download folder after the unawareness of deletion of download files.

It so important for me to recover all my files in download folder because those are all my files in my Thesis and i have no backup for it. Now, i'm very depressed for what is happened.

I'm always a fan of Microsoft and using only a legitimate Windows OS's. But this tragic experience for me is so depressing. I don't want to repeat my thesis. i need to recover all of it. Please can someone help me....

:)

Jay Rommel, Mar 9, 2019

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 9, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    disk cleanup

Hi joysoder, to properly and safely delete any files not required by your system, run Disk Cleanup twice as explained below. Each time select everything in the list and delete them. Disk Cleanup will not suggest deleting anything that is not safe to delete
    . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Deleted "Download" folder files in using disk cleanup

Disk Cleanup after The anniversary update

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Disk Cleanup. I will certainly help you.

As per your query, I would like to inform you that, it is safe to delete all the files with extension .tmp in the temporary files folder.

I suggest you to try deleting the temporary file manually by the steps provided below and check if it helps:

• Go to Windows key+ R and type
      temp
    • Select all of the files and folders within the Temp folder and delete.

Please follow the below link to run disk cleanup:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-996f-99e02c7301c2/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Kindly update us on the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

Swetha Sree, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Deleted "Download" folder files in using disk cleanup

1. Deleted "Download" folder files in using disk cleanup - Similar Threads - Deleted Download folder

2. Will deleting "Downloads" in Disk Cleanup completely erase everything in my downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will deleting "Downloads" in Disk Cleanup completely erase everything in my downloads folder?: Im wondering this because im trying to speed up my pc and i saw the "Downloads" on disk cleanup. I have alot of stuff in there and i dont want want to delete it because idk if it will make me have to reinstall EVERYTHING such as Steam....
  3. Microsoft will remove option to clear Downloads folder using Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will remove option to clear Downloads folder using Disk Cleanup: Microsoft revealed recently that it will remove the Downloads option from the company's Disk Cleanup tool. Microsoft introduced the new option in Windows 10 version 1809. The company made the decision to make the option opt-in which means that users had to select it actively...
  4. Recover files at Download due to Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover files at Download due to Disk Cleanup: Dear all, Is that any possible way to recover the document that located on the download folder. I clean it during the disk cleanup. It was suck when I update to the latest version of the windows. Why put the "download" folder into the disk cleanup I have try baseus,...
  5. Disk Cleanup not deleting items in Download Folders

Disk Cleanup not deleting items in Download Folders: Hi, I am using Disk cleanup tools to clean my PC once in a while. I found a problem while trying to clean my Download folder. As per the size stated in Disk Cleanup, my Download folder is empty 0kb. But in actual fact, there are still some big sizes folders in the Download...
  6. Recovering Folder/Files from a Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering Folder/Files from a Disk Cleanup: I ran the disk clean up last night. I must have deleted a VERY IMPORTANT folder. There's no file restore or system restore points either for some reason. I'm freaking out. I REALLY REALLY need that folder and the contents inside back. I've tried EaseUS Data Recovery and...
  7. Windows 10 (1803.17134 ) Disk Cleanup deleted the contents of my downloads folder

Windows 10 (1803.17134 ) Disk Cleanup deleted the contents of my downloads folder: When running disk cleanup, when I included 'clean up system files' the last entry was 'downloaded files 79gb'. The description was activex controls and javaapplets temporarily stored in the downloads folder. I don't know why I thought there could possibly be that volume of...
  8. Disk cleanup, how to delete specific file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk cleanup, how to delete specific file: I know how to add custom entries in disk cleanup, but is their a way to delete a specific file not folder? 125176
  9. Disk cleanup, how to delete specific file

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk cleanup, how to delete specific file: I know how to add custom entries in disk cleanup, but is their a way to delete a specific file not folder? 125176
  10. Disk Cleanup - downloads folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup - downloads folder: Just noticed that 1809 disk cleanup now has downloads in the list - could cause problems if you're not paying attention. I'm used to blindly ticking all boxes... [img] 122195

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk cleanup show downloads but none in folder

2. why does Disk cleanup download show as 7GB when Downloads shows empty

3. recovery of download files after disk clean up

4. recover files from download folder after disk clean up,
  5. download delete in disk clean up meaning,
  6. recover disk cleanup deleted file,
  7. want to delted download folder from disk clean up,
  8. deleting downloads files from disk cleanup,
  9. why is downloads being cleaned when system files are deleted in cleanup,
  10. not deleting downloads in disk cleanup windows 10,
  11. do i delet download files in disc clean up,