Windows 10: Deleted E Mail

Discus and support Deleted E Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I received an E Mail on my I Phone for my ATT.NET account. When I forwarded it, it was deleted from my ATT server and I Phone.I have checked the box on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by nolen01, Mar 22, 2017.

1. nolen01 Win User

Deleted E Mail

I received an E Mail on my I Phone for my ATT.NET account. When I forwarded it, it was deleted from my ATT server and I Phone.I have checked the box on my I Phone to not delete the E Mail from the server. How can I find the deleted E Mail on my ATT server? My ATT is imap.

:)

nolen01, Mar 22, 2017

2. Leave copy of message on server (POP)

In my previous mobile phones, I was able to configure them to download e-mails but do not delete from server, then I was able to delete all e-mails that I receive in my mobile phone and anyway all them were available to download in my PC... As I understood
    this option is missing, the only way to do a "similar" function is only to delete in my mobile the messages that i will want to delete on e-mail server right? Because any e-mail that I am deleting in my mobile is being deleted on e-mail server.

sevilla666---01, Mar 22, 2017
  3. N8 Email stores just last weeks email

I recently upgraded to Belle and now the e-mail is stored only for the last week maximum and previous e-mail is deleted. I did setup the max e-mails to sync 900 but still it deletes e-mails older than a week. Would appreciate if someone knows the solution
    to it.

Thanks.

ananddua---01, Mar 22, 2017
  4. Deleted E Mail

Hi nolen01

If your log on to your ATT account using a browser you should see the email in your deleted folder.\

I am a little confused, likely my understanding. Your ATT account is imap capable. How did you connect your iPhone, using POP settings or imap.

I ask as I don't have a check box on my iPhone to not delete the e-mail from the sever. That is POP terminology. If you were connecting with POP from iPhone your email is likely sitting in Inbox on the ATT servers.

I think you can find your ATT webmail at this site.

https://websitesmail.att.com/#/login

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 23, 2017
  5. nolen01 Win User
    My ATT.NET on my computer is:
    Inbound: POP3
    inbound.att.net
    outbound: SMTP outbound.att.net

On my I Phone:
    Inbound: imap.mail.att.net
    outbound: SMTP.mail.att.net

When I go to ATT.COM and check mail, the message is not in the deleted folder.

nolen01, Mar 23, 2017
  6. That is an interesting setup.

Since iPhone is imap it will delete. That being said sometimes it puts it into a strange "Delete" box on server. Expand you folders and look for things with the names like "Deleted" or "Trash". It maybe be under "Inbox-Trash"

If you really want to keep on server you need to set iPhone to use POP as well. Of course this means when you read on phone it will still show unread on computer.

What client are you using on computer to access mail. (Outlook, Live Mail, Thunderbird, Win 10 Mail, browser)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 23, 2017
  7. nolen01 Win User
    I use Win Live Mail and Win 10 mail on my computer. The server is ATT.NET under ATT.COM.

nolen01, Mar 23, 2017
  8. nolen01 Win User

Deleted E Mail

How do you make I Phone use POP? I have checked all of the folders on the server and the message is not there.

nolen01, Mar 23, 2017
  9. Bastet Win User
    When creating the account on your iPhone make a mistake in your username or password & it'll then offer a choice of imap or pop, remember to correct the mistake you made.

Bastet, Mar 23, 2017
  10. Sorry to hear it is gone.

Once you get everything set up you should check all you settings, phone, computer and web. There has to be a setting somewhere that is set to delete or clear trash on exit. Check Live mail. Live mail is no longer supported. That doesn't mean it won't work, just it isn't supported. As ATT updates their security protocols Live may not be able to connect to it anymore. Who knows when or if that will happen.

Back to deleting. In your ATT account you can set it to allow clients to delete or not as part of POP. They all use different language. You can set to No and then every piece of mail you get will in essence be kept for ever.

You could also set everything up to be imap, so you only read once. If you do that you also have to check all settings. One in particular on iPhone is when to Remove deleted messages. It defaults to a week, I set to never.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Deleted E Mail

1. Deleted E Mail - Similar Threads - Deleted Mail

2. How do you Delete a E-mail account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you Delete a E-mail account?: Hello. Due to some odd error When I Logged into https://answers.microsoft.com/ It showed account Profile Blocked. So I made a new Account "Mew" and I Got The same error. Then I made Another account "I_MEOW". Now I need to Delete the "Mew" account Because I can not view Or...
  3. How do you Delete a E-mail account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you Delete a E-mail account?: Hello. Due to some odd error When I Logged into https://answers.microsoft.com/ It showed account Profile Blocked. So I made a new Account "Mew" and I Got The same error. Then I made Another account "I_MEOW". Now I need to Delete the "Mew" account Because I can not view Or...
  4. how to delete completely windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete completely windows live mail: I'm receiving thousands of e-mails thanking me for registering with their website. I want to cancel my windows live account completely to stop these e-mails...
  5. how to delete completely windows live mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete completely windows live mail: I'm receiving thousands of e-mails thanking me for registering with their website. I want to cancel my windows live account completely to stop these e-mails...
  6. how to delete completely windows live mail

7. Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO de-clutter Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO de-clutter Taskbar: I need help to understand when I turned on "recently opened items" Setting such that Taskbar shows them, why after I use Outlook opened Mail deleted Taskbar still show Envelope Icon for deleted MailThis may be useful for someone who needs to re-open delete Mail; but for...
  8. Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO less clutter Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO less clutter Taskbar: I need help to understand when I turned on "recently opened items" Setting such that Taskbar shows them, why after I use Outlook opened Mail deleted Taskbar still show Envelope Icon for deleted MailThis may be useful for someone who needs to re-open delete Mail; but for...
  9. Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO less clutter Taskbar

Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO less clutter Taskbar: I need help to understand when I turned on "recently opened items" Setting such that Taskbar shows them, why after I use Outlook opened Mail deleted Taskbar still show Envelope Icon for deleted MailThis may be useful for someone who needs to re-open delete Mail; but for...
  10. Taskbar still showing Mail after its deletion? IMHO confusing users who daily delete many Mails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar still showing Mail after its deletion? IMHO confusing users who daily delete many Mails: I need help to understand why after I use Outlook opened Mail deleted Taskbar still show this MailThis may be useful for someone who needs to re-open delete Mail; but for others who do not need to re-open deleted Mail from Taskbar, I prefer Taskbar dropping this Mail because...