Windows 10: Deleted email address still in drop down pick list Mail

Discus and support Deleted email address still in drop down pick list Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My people app is correct and only the appropriate email address is there. However, when I type a name in my TO line all the previous addresses show up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CPepper2, Jul 30, 2020.

1. CPepper2 Win User

Deleted email address still in drop down pick list Mail

My people app is correct and only the appropriate email address is there. However, when I type a name in my TO line all the previous addresses show up as an option. I have reset my app, tested through gmail doesn't happen there, addresses are correct only in WLM. How do I delete these? The attached picture shows three email address for the same person, only the top one is in the people app.

Deleted email address still in drop down pick list Mail e6f04c99-8844-4081-ba2e-5ca544de8548?upload=true.jpg

[Original subject: Deleted email address still in drop down pick list Windows Live Mail]

:)

CPepper2, Jul 30, 2020

2. Email Addresses Drop-down List

I have been informed that deleting email addresses from the drop down list is not possible

Coral1---01, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Email Addresses Drop-down List

Hi All,

Each time I send an email from my Nokia Lumia 520 the address gets listed to memory in the drop-down list.

I now have quite a few which I don't need any more and would like to delete them. I have been into every menu and settings but still can't find where to delete the accumulated email addresses from.

Need help please.

Coral1---01, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Sam Vimes Win User

Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Deleted email address still in drop down pick list Mail - Similar Threads - Deleted email address

2. Windows Mail -delete bogus email addresses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Mail -delete bogus email addresses: Windows Mail...a bunch of bogus addresses with my name try to attach to my outgoing mail. Can't find any way to remove them. They do not show up in my Contacts list but when I prepare an email they try to autofil the addresses I enter....
  3. email addresses list

email addresses list: New to Windows 10 - How do I view my E mail address list? How do I edit E mail addresses and or names? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-addresses-list/cf1eaeee-2d24-4689-89f7-88352ecba178
  4. Delete incorrect mail addresses no longer in contacts lists

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete incorrect mail addresses no longer in contacts lists: I am using windows 10 mail but am finding that some email addresses which are no longer correct are populated in the TO: line of a new email even though it no longer exists in my contacts address book. How do I delete these or manage the remembered address lists? I used to...
  5. No list of email addresses, etc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No list of email addresses, etc...: I have no list of email addresses, drafts, file, nothing but emails. No tabs, tool bar, nothing but the emails. How do I get this information? I have windows live 10....
  6. Drop Down list

Drop Down list: I made a drop list, so that it was easier for me to input data. I go to use the drop down arrow, to use the list I made, and nothing shows up. How can I use my own list I created? Thanks!...
  7. How to delete an email address in a list that automatically pops up in windowds mail ( win...

How to delete an email address in a list that automatically pops up in windowds mail ( win...: I like win 10 mail . it is simple and it works rather than MS oulook when i start with a new email address- upon enetering a few letters- a list of email addresses pop up automatically some of them are incorrect and i want to dlete them but i cant!! Any help will be...
  8. permanently delete autocomplete address bar drop down urls?

in Windows 10 Customization
    permanently delete autocomplete address bar drop down urls?: A few weeks ago Prakhar Kharem, MSN moderator, sent instructions to delete this browsing history drop down list from address bar in IE11, Win 10. All worked well until today...all URLs reappeared, even some from several weeks ago. Three times I've repeated the method to...
  9. deleting items from a drop down list

in Windows 10 Support
    deleting items from a drop down list: after i have "moved" or "copy to" many files, the drop down menu shows the folders/files i have pinned to quick access, and then shows a long list of other places i have sent files/folders to. is there any way to edit this list so only very recent items show up? 115388
  10. Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions: I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure...