Windows 10: Deleted email address still in drop down pick list Mail

Discus and support Deleted email address still in drop down pick list Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My people app is correct and only the appropriate email address is there. However, when I type a name in my TO line all the previous addresses show up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CPepper2, Jul 30, 2020.

1. CPepper2 Win User

Deleted email address still in drop down pick list Mail

My people app is correct and only the appropriate email address is there. However, when I type a name in my TO line all the previous addresses show up as an option. I have reset my app, tested through gmail doesn't happen there, addresses are correct only in WLM. How do I delete these? The attached picture shows three email address for the same person, only the top one is in the people app.

Deleted email address still in drop down pick list Mail e6f04c99-8844-4081-ba2e-5ca544de8548?upload=true.jpg

[Original subject: Deleted email address still in drop down pick list Windows Live Mail]

:)

CPepper2, Jul 30, 2020

2. Email Addresses Drop-down List

I have been informed that deleting email addresses from the drop down list is not possible

Coral1---01, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Email Addresses Drop-down List

Hi All,

Each time I send an email from my Nokia Lumia 520 the address gets listed to memory in the drop-down list.

I now have quite a few which I don't need any more and would like to delete them. I have been into every menu and settings but still can't find where to delete the accumulated email addresses from.

Need help please.

Coral1---01, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Sam Vimes Win User

Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Deleted email address still in drop down pick list Mail - Similar Threads - Deleted email address

2. How can a bad email address be removed from Windows Mail auto drop-down list in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can a bad email address be removed from Windows Mail auto drop-down list in Windows 11?: So far, I have found nothing in earlier replies that provides any helpful information. I need to find the file that hold the cached names so that they can be modified/deleted. Where is that file?...
  3. How can a bad email address be removed from Windows Mail auto drop-down list in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can a bad email address be removed from Windows Mail auto drop-down list in Windows 11?: So far, I have found nothing in earlier replies that provides any helpful information. I need to find the file that hold the cached names so that they can be modified/deleted. Where is that file?...
  4. Windows MAIL - BAD email drop down address

Windows MAIL - BAD email drop down address: In MAIL, in the "to:" drop down list, there is a BAD email address mine - it is mis-typed.I cannot find it anywhere and cannot find a way to delete it and no, it is not in the Contact list.Additionally, besides the annoyance, MAIL WILL NOT let me send an email to myself won't...
  5. Windows MAIL - BAD email drop down address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows MAIL - BAD email drop down address: In MAIL, in the "to:" drop down list, there is a BAD email address mine - it is mis-typed.I cannot find it anywhere and cannot find a way to delete it and no, it is not in the Contact list.Additionally, besides the annoyance, MAIL WILL NOT let me send an email to myself won't...
  6. Mail Auto Fill - drop down list

Mail Auto Fill - drop down list: Hi All, I researched but can not find an answer. Mail app does not suggest started email addresses by name anymore - only by email address. Usually, as does my other machine at work, when start typing the name of a person, it fills the email address. On this machine it...
  7. email addresses list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email addresses list: New to Windows 10 - How do I view my E mail address list? How do I edit E mail addresses and or names? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-addresses-list/cf1eaeee-2d24-4689-89f7-88352ecba178
  8. Drop Down list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drop Down list: I made a drop list, so that it was easier for me to input data. I go to use the drop down arrow, to use the list I made, and nothing shows up. How can I use my own list I created? Thanks!...
  9. deleting items from a drop down list

in Windows 10 Support
    deleting items from a drop down list: after i have "moved" or "copy to" many files, the drop down menu shows the folders/files i have pinned to quick access, and then shows a long list of other places i have sent files/folders to. is there any way to edit this list so only very recent items show up? 115388
  10. Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions: I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure...