Windows 10: Deleted entire registry folder.

Discus and support Deleted entire registry folder. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I was messing around with the pc and I found the registry. I deleted one of the folders which was Hkey_Local_Machine. After that I try to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Typical454, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Deleted entire registry folder.

So I was messing around with the pc and I found the registry. I deleted one of the folders which was Hkey_Local_Machine. After that I try to open safari and it said no memory. Then my pc shut down and went to automatic repair. The log file said: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt. I tried a bunch of options and even methods with the cmd but nothing works. Please help me with this problem.

:)

Typical454, Jul 2, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleted entire registry folder. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleted entire registry folder. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 2, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Nicrite Win User

Deleted entire registry folder.

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Deleted entire registry folder.

1. Deleted entire registry folder. - Similar Threads - Deleted entire registry

2. Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop: I was trying to make more space on my computer and ended up deleting my Onedrive folder, I looked at my desktop and saw that everything was gone. I'm trying to get those files back, they aren't on my Onedrive on the website because I never upgraded my storage space. There's...
  3. Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop: I was trying to make more space on my computer and ended up deleting my Onedrive folder, I looked at my desktop and saw that everything was gone. I'm trying to get those files back, they aren't on my Onedrive on the website because I never upgraded my storage space. There's...
  4. Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Roaming folder entirely deleted after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Roaming folder entirely deleted after restart: When I restarted my Computer the Roaming folder in Appdata was completely empty no previous versions either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roaming-folder-entirely-deleted-after-restart/90cc4951-549f-420c-9144-25d3c5c5a58a
  6. I accidentally deleted the entire "WindowsApps" folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally deleted the entire "WindowsApps" folder: That's it. I was trying to uninstall the hidden files that Sea Of Thieves doesn't uninstall. And my dumbass accidentally uninstalled the entire file instead of the sea of thieves shit. Where can I get it all back? I'm sorry if I explained it bad, I'm fucking stupid...
  7. I just deleted an entire regedit folder by accident

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I just deleted an entire regedit folder by accident: The folder in question: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore\Children Nothing has happened yet but I am sure if I restart my computer the thing will be busted, please help....
  8. delete entire contents of deleted folder in Windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete entire contents of deleted folder in Windows 10 mail: How do I delete entire contents of deleted folder in Windows 10 mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-entire-contents-of-deleted-folder-in/4dd26600-eb12-4172-91c6-ed25dbace914
  9. Opening Entire Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening Entire Registry: This is probably going to sound weird. I decided to move back from Windows 10 to Windows 7. So, I copied what I could onto another drive, did a few app setting exports, etc. so that I could install Windows 7 fresh and get started setting things back up more easily. I knew...
  10. Should I delete this folder in the Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I delete this folder in the Registry: I have uninstalled Setpoint with Advanced Uninstaller but though it supposedly cleans up the Registry afterwards, it actually doesn't. While in the Registry, I typed "Setpoint" under Find and it brings me to this particular Folder. In it, I see several things regarding...