Windows 10: Deleted .exe files off of old drive

Discus and support Deleted .exe files off of old drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does Win10 scour an old hard drive connected to a new usb and delete files before it allows it to load?I had to purchase a new win10 machine recently... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JetGardner, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Deleted .exe files off of old drive

Does Win10 scour an old hard drive connected to a new usb and delete files before it allows it to load?I had to purchase a new win10 machine recently and after 10 1/2 years on my old machine, I got lazy about backing up documents to a separate thumb drive. The hard drive survived - the power unit would cost more than a new refurbished open-box computer - Don't scoff, the 10+ year old was a refurbished one.The salesman suggested removing the old hard drive and placing it in a sleeve and booting up off of it... which I did.HoweverI couldn't figure out how to boot up onto it, but all my files/doc

:)

JetGardner, Nov 3, 2021
Thema:

Deleted .exe files off of old drive

1. Deleted .exe files off of old drive - Similar Threads - Deleted exe files

2. Can't delete an empty .exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete an empty .exe file: So, I followed this advice from DaveM121 and now I can't delete the .exe file as it says it is open in the file explorer. it is not easy to remove a file association in Windows 10,Please take this step by Step and the problem will be resolvedOpen Windows File ExplorerOn the...
  3. how to delete exe files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete exe files?: after deleting .exe files they back with access denied other files are able to delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-exe-files/f065a8a6-9b77-4cf7-96af-875e321ef822
  4. how to delete exe files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete exe files?: after deleting .exe files they back with access denied other files are able to delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-exe-files/f065a8a6-9b77-4cf7-96af-875e321ef822
  5. how to delete exe files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. deleting old files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    deleting old files: hi, so long story short, i have a small ssd so i am trying to free up some storage space. i often use a program called WinDirStat that scans my ssd and tells me exactly what type of files take up space and where. i ran it, and ended up finding 4gb of ".help" files. i am not...
  7. Deleting system files from an old hard drive

Deleting system files from an old hard drive: I followed this script: " OK, open a Command Prompt window as Administrator Windows + X keys together and then select Command Prompt Admin from the resulting menu Run each of these commands and press enter after each one, this will remove the old Program Files Folder...
  8. .exe file deletion

.exe file deletion: Hello I've been having troubles with .exe files I try to permantley delete the folder and it'll remove everything except the .exe file if I delete the .exe file with a shift+del it'll dissapear then repair once I refresh the folder it's in. If I use the normal delete method...
  9. Unable to delete Sharepoint files from an old drive

Unable to delete Sharepoint files from an old drive: I recently installed a new SSD in my computer and am keeping myold drive as seconday storage. I do not want to format the old drive as it has a large amount of files that I want to keep. I have a problem with some sharepoint files that I am unable to delete. I am not the...
  10. delete system files on old drive

delete system files on old drive: How do I delete system files on a hard disk that is no longer the boot disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-system-files-on-old-drive/fcca3c2d-6e30-4ad0-84a0-d416759010aa"