Windows 10: Deleted file in "Recent Files"

Discus and support Deleted file in "Recent Files" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Should a deleted PDF file be listed in Windows 10 "Recent Files"?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by XSami1970, Dec 28, 2019.

1. XSami1970 Win User

Deleted file in "Recent Files"

Should a deleted PDF file be listed in Windows 10 "Recent Files"?

:)

XSami1970, Dec 28, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Dec 28, 2019
  3. eidairaman1, Dec 28, 2019
  4. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

to prevent it from autopopulating try making the reg key
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List read only

slozomby, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Deleted file in "Recent Files" - Similar Threads - Deleted file Recent

2. Not "recent" files under recent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not "recent" files under recent: Hi, When I open my file folder there are multiple documents that were created years ago, have not been accessed or altered since but are showing up in "recent" with todays date in one drive. Any idea why? Thank you...
  3. Not "recent" files under recent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not "recent" files under recent: Hi, When I open my file folder there are multiple documents that were created years ago, have not been accessed or altered since but are showing up in "recent" with todays date in one drive. Any idea why? Thank you...
  4. No recent files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No recent files: I came back to windows in January. My 'recent files' has never worked. I get around it with a wordprocessing file with links to files that I regularly use. The directory is available through different ways described on this site. It is not hidden. Why is it not being...
  5. Recent Files

Recent Files: Hi folks. I have a list of 20 “Recent Files,” in File Explorer.For years, every time I have opened or created a file it has appeared on the list.A glitch has suddenly appeared. It is not doing that anymore. I do not know why not- I have not changed anything. Yes, 20 files are...
  6. Recent Files

Recent Files: I've been forced to Windows 10 finally and so far, there is not one single improvement for me. One of my absolute favorite items I used countless times per day was Recent Files. I've searched on how to access something like that considering it has been removed for some...
  7. How do I delete my recent files?

How do I delete my recent files?: So when i go onto file explorer, it comes up with recent files. I dont want to delete the files, i just want to delete my history. Any help? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-my-recent-files/14d96fc6-3c51-4cce-b9b4-7aee974d5405
  8. recent files

in Windows 10 Customization
    recent files: OK here is a dumb question When I Open the program from the tool bar Icon i get the most recent list of files to open. If I right on the Icon for the list of most recent files i get the old list. What setting do i need to change to correct this Greg Baranski Mobile...
  9. Deleting recent files in Paint 3D and other apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting recent files in Paint 3D and other apps: I found posts for deleting recent files in Paint or Paint 3D in windows 10 but, of course they were not even close to working. They say to look for paint in the registry in a certain path but, naturally, it was not there. I searched for Paint in the registry and Paint 3d. It...
  10. File Explorer and Recent Files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer and Recent Files: At work, I'll open files on a network path that is only accessible at work, e.g. \\mywork.org\shares\file.xyz These files will appear in my recent list when opening File Explorer (Win+E). The problem I have is at home where that network path is not accessible, and the...