Windows 10: Deleted File Keeps Returning

Discus and support Deleted File Keeps Returning in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm on a Windows 7 desktop at the moment, working with an external USB drive connected to my Windows 10 laptop. I have it shared via the network.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by koberulz, Nov 28, 2019.

1. koberulz Win User

Deleted File Keeps Returning

I'm on a Windows 7 desktop at the moment, working with an external USB drive connected to my Windows 10 laptop. I have it shared via the network.

Every time I delete the file, it seems to delete, but as soon as I refresh the Windows Explorer window it returns. I also tried on the laptop, and got the same behaviour. The Security tab in the properties indicates it's unable to show the current owner and I can't access that without read permission.

Everything else on the drive works absolutely perfectly.

I was copying a file from the desktop to the laptop when the laptop shut down.

Version 1903.

:)

koberulz, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Nov 28, 2019
  3. jp49 Win User
    Deleted files keep returning (Resolved)

Hi,
    New forum member here looking for some help. I have a small Acer computer that runs a weather program that takes data from my weather station and updates my weather page on the internet. I bought the computer new with Windows 8 and upgraded to Windows 10, then did a clean install of 10. Everything is working great except for one thing, I can't delete files, they keep returning to the folder. I will occasionally use the snipping tool to save a file as jpeg and then use it to update my Facebook page. I also download the latest update to my Weather program. I go to these folders, Download and Documents, I delete several file and later that day they have returned. I have even used Bit Defender File Shredder to delete them and they still come back. I've been a Windows 7 user for many years and never ran into this issue. I did try to search this forum first but didn't see this issue. If it has been discussed please point me to the thread. Thanks in advance.
    jp

4. kiwozi(2) Win User

Deleted IE favorites keep returning

Hi,

Does anyone have any answers to this problem (topic)
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-iewindows_10/deleted-ie-favorites-keep-returning/8d6b19c9-6a7c-433a-a9eb-6c96232bcf3e?auth=1

I have read through the post, tried all the various suggestions and achieved the same results. Deleted File Keeps Returning :(

Yes turning off "IE sync settings" works for me too . . . Deleted File Keeps Returning :) and yes all my previously deleted Favorites all come back again when I turn it back on again too Deleted File Keeps Returning :(

Where are these deleted shortcuts mysteriously hiding that they can keep returning ?

Help Deleted File Keeps Returning :( Deleted File Keeps Returning :( Deleted File Keeps Returning :(

kiwozi(2), Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Deleted File Keeps Returning - Similar Threads - Deleted File Keeps

2. Removed device keeps returning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removed device keeps returning: I used to use a wireless Logitech headset but it broke so I removed the device from my PC and on a restart it comes back. I've used the device manager to uninstall it but it always comes back. The dongle for it went in the bin along with the headset so I don't understand why...
  3. Removed device keeps returning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removed device keeps returning: I used to use a wireless Logitech headset but it broke so I removed the device from my PC and on a restart it comes back. I've used the device manager to uninstall it but it always comes back. The dongle for it went in the bin along with the headset so I don't understand why...
  4. Accented characters keep "returning" :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accented characters keep "returning" :: I own an INTEL NUCI laptop and I am too often having to use SHIFT ALT to turn off accented characters e.g. É é...there is no way I am inadvertently pressing SHIFT ALT to activate them. It's weird how this behaviour has only arisen in the past couple of months. What have I...
  5. Returning Deleted Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Returning Deleted Folder: Hi I have a folder which despite everything I have tried bar registry which I have no intention of even touching keeps returning after attempted deletion The folder is called Phone and inside is a folder named 1 then within this there are numerous others how can I delete...
  6. Deleted Printers keep returning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Printers keep returning: So I've got a weird one. I've deleted these 4 printers that were installed on a clients work computer. These printers were installed using the printer share on a local print server. However within 30 seconds the printers return. I've looked in Print Management, as well as the...
  7. File keeps getting deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File keeps getting deleted: Hello. One file that i'm trying to download keeps getting deleted. I download it, then after a few seconds it says "file not found". I think it is due to Windows Defender thinking it is a virus but I am sure that it's not. I already tried to add my downloads folder to...
  8. Deleting Win10 to return laptop

Deleting Win10 to return laptop: Hello! I recently got a laptop that came with FreeDos and now I need to return it because of a faulty screen. Since I only noticed it after installing Win10 on it, I'm now trying to uninstall it/do factory reset(?) I followed a tutorial to get to the Windows setup where you...
  9. Keep or return

Keep or return: I thought I chose the usb windows version but i got the cd version. I have a cd drive on another computer do you recommend sending the cd back or creating a usb version if I create the usb version will I have the full windows experience? Is creating a usb version not...
  10. Deleted files keep returning (Resolved)

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted files keep returning (Resolved): Hi, New forum member here looking for some help. I have a small Acer computer that runs a weather program that takes data from my weather station and updates my weather page on the internet. I bought the computer new with Windows 8 and upgraded to Windows 10, then did a...