Windows 10: Deleted file location of an app yet it's still working.

Discus and support Deleted file location of an app yet it's still working. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yesterday I tried to delete the EA desktop app, hoping if I reinstall it, some issues would be resolved. I opened the windows program uninstall tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sturdy_Biscuit, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Deleted file location of an app yet it's still working.

Yesterday I tried to delete the EA desktop app, hoping if I reinstall it, some issues would be resolved. I opened the windows program uninstall tool and found the app. When I clicked uninstall it said the app was already uninstalled and instead asked if I wanted to remove it as a "featured app" to which I said yes. It wouldn't appear on the programs list after that.

I went to my desktop and to my surprise, the app was still there and working. I closed all related processes via task manager and went to the file location of the app. There, I deleted it.

I downloaded the setup program and when I launched it, it said the EA Desktop App was already installed and gave me an option to launch it. I did and IT WAS STILL THERE, WORKING!

I searched my pc for any trace of the app but I can't find anything. The only way to launch the app is via the setup program. And when I right click on the EA desktop process in the task manager, the "go to file location" option is greyed out.

Apparently EA didn't program an uninstall feature in the app so a lot of people are having trouble with it. I just don't understand how, even after deleting the file location and having no trace of the program on my pc (excluding the setup program), the app can still work functionaly. Can anyone shed some light on this situation and maybe clear up how I can properly uninstall the app? Or maybe restore the files so that I don't have to launch it via the setup program anymore?

submitted by /u/Sturdy_Biscuit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sturdy_Biscuit, Apr 4, 2021
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Apr 4, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Cannot delete Windows Apps files

Suggested options for undeletable items:
    1. Delete when Windows is not running
    a. from a command prompt via SHIFT + left click Restart and navigate to a command prompt
    - if you are very confident in using it.
    b. boot your system from a boot disk such as Kyhi's availabel from the top of the Software and Apps section. Familiar file explorer

2. Use a 3rd party utility which can be set to delete on reboot (outside Windows).
    e.g.
    EMCO Moveonboot
    Fileassassin (files only)

Note: radical steps to remove all those saves relatively little space.
    Much safer to use the tutorials here to remove unwanted apps using Powershell.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Deleted file location of an app yet it's still working.

Cannot delete files in Temp

~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp

Those filenames, iirc, I have seen files of that naming nature made by applications created in Visual Basic in the past, & they did not tend to cleanup @ shutdown of the apps that made them.

A list of apps you run @ startup could help us help you understand which apps are creating them possibly, just so you know & then you might be able to find apps that do the same task but do not leave a mess around in your %TEMP%/%TMP% folders.

Also, providing us a list of taskmgr.exe apps via a screenshot of it isn't going to hurt either, just so you understand what may be causing that last filename (~ROMFN_000007A8 )

We're all fairly sure the performance monitoring the system does creates this one though -> Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat @ this point.

In any event, I would guess it's apps you run @ system startup, either from the registry RUN areas, &/or startup groups, for the first 3 filenames, mainly because your safemode booting allows you to delete the files & safemode typically doesn't run anything absolutely not necessary to system function (like registry RUN areas & startup group apps).

APK

Alec§taar, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Deleted file location of an app yet it's still working.

1. Deleted file location of an app yet it's still working. - Similar Threads - Deleted file location

2. Xbox Game Bar not appearing in the Apps section of settings, yet still mostly working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar not appearing in the Apps section of settings, yet still mostly working: So I was trying to reset my game bar, but its not in the apps section of settings. Game bar is still enabled and I can open it just fine with Windows + G, however it cannot record anything and simply says "there was a problem with background recording, try again in a little...
  3. Xbox Game Bar not appearing in the Apps section of settings, yet still mostly working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar not appearing in the Apps section of settings, yet still mostly working: So I was trying to reset my game bar, but its not in the apps section of settings. Game bar is still enabled and I can open it just fine with Windows + G, however it cannot record anything and simply says "there was a problem with background recording, try again in a little...
  4. Unable to Delete a file or find the location

Unable to Delete a file or find the location: i had run a setup from virtual disk then eject/close it.when i search the file and some file still show up but location leads to "internet address: ///D:/folder/folder% . . .%" something like that. i was trying to delete it and error 0x80004002 show up.how do i delete this...
  5. Cannot locate App File Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot locate App File Location: Okay, windows 11 has had SO MANY ISSUES, but this one takes the cake. I am trying to find the home folder for the Phone Link App, but it is not available through the start menu. Whoever thought that removing good features of windows 10 was a good idea, should take a pay cut,...
  6. Cannot locate App File Location

Cannot locate App File Location: Okay, windows 11 has had SO MANY ISSUES, but this one takes the cake. I am trying to find the home folder for the Phone Link App, but it is not available through the start menu. Whoever thought that removing good features of windows 10 was a good idea, should take a pay cut,...
  7. Still not yet solved...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Still not yet solved...: Help...[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/still-not-yet-solved/710c8ce4-9caf-49b0-b190-254b30823346
  8. Cannot locate or delete WinDirStat files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot locate or delete WinDirStat files: So, I was wondering why my 1TB HDD was down to 11GB after I had only used 72GB for games and whatnot. I looked around on some other forum threads and found out that I could use WinDirStat to discover any unknown files if they happened to be on my hard drive. As it shows in my...
  9. Deleted app still in App and Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted app still in App and Feature: I had deleted an app but it is still presented in the App and Feature settings. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-app-still-in-app-and-feature/cbae7532-63d0-4850-b924-b77e5d0b49c7
  10. Deleted video files still show in Network Locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted video files still show in Network Locations: I have a folder with videos (avi, mkv etc) that is shared and can be watched on any smart TV in my house. After watching videos each night, I delete them from the shared folder. It has worked fine forever, but today I upgraded to Creators and now when I delete the file, it...