Windows 10: Deleted file thumbnails by mistake and don't know how to retrieve them

Discus and support Deleted file thumbnails by mistake and don't know how to retrieve them in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had recently cleaned my computer and accidentally deleted my file thumbnails in the process. I use Windows 10. Is there a way to retrieve them or are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Avery-326, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Avery-326 Win User

Deleted file thumbnails by mistake and don't know how to retrieve them

I had recently cleaned my computer and accidentally deleted my file thumbnails in the process. I use Windows 10. Is there a way to retrieve them or are they permanently lost? New file thumbnails are not showing either.

I have previously tried de-selecting "Show icons but never thumbnails" but it was never selected in the first place. I have also tried searching "explore.exe" in the task manager but that also did nothing.

Thanks

I had forgotten to de-select this vv

Deleted file thumbnails by mistake and don't know how to retrieve them 806c0169-a16b-4d91-957d-ebe27e601e95?upload=true.jpg

My files are empty vv

Deleted file thumbnails by mistake and don't know how to retrieve them a0f3b4d3-1aeb-4406-b6ec-15cca4220b96?upload=true.jpg

:)

Avery-326, Mar 13, 2019

2. files deleted by mistake

How can I retrieve some files that I deleted by mistake?

SandraMary, Mar 13, 2019
  3. How to retrieve a word document deleted by mistake?

By mistake I deleted a very important document of around 100 pages. When retrieving it from the waster basket it was highly distorted, called ASD-file, and primarily not readable. Is there any way of reconstructing the word format, or maybe a text format,
    or any format that will enable - with or without much surplus labour - to extract the original document? Desperately hoping for help.

MaxScharnberg1, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Deleted file thumbnails by mistake and don't know how to retrieve them

File Explorer : image icons and preview are solid green

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you clear the thumbnail cache. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Disk Cleanup.
    • Check the Thumbnails box.
    • Click OK.
    • Click on Delete Files button to confirm.
    • Restart the computer to apply completely.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Deleted file thumbnails by mistake and don't know how to retrieve them

1. Deleted file thumbnails by mistake and don't know how to retrieve them - Similar Threads - Deleted file thumbnails

2. I made a terrible mistake and I don't know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I made a terrible mistake and I don't know how to fix it.: I had a computer that had NVIDIA Display could run and play smoothly. One day my computer screen glitched and then for a short time computer screen is back but it's like stretched. I went to Device Manager and I ACCIDENTALLY deleted NVIDIA Graphics Card, then the screen...
  3. I made a terrible mistake and I don't know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I made a terrible mistake and I don't know how to fix it.: I had a computer that had NVIDIA Display could run and play smoothly. One day my computer screen glitched and then for a short time computer screen is back but it's like stretched. I went to Device Manager and I ACCIDENTALLY deleted NVIDIA Graphics Card, then the screen...
  4. I made a terrible mistake and I don't know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I have a bunch of corrupted files and I don't know how to fix them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a bunch of corrupted files and I don't know how to fix them.: My computer has been having issues for a while but they were ignorable calculator or photos app not working but recently the taskbar, search bar, settings and start button stopped working aswell as many other apps. So i did a window reset with keeping my personal files. It...
  6. I have a bunch of corrupted files and I don't know how to fix them.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a bunch of corrupted files and I don't know how to fix them.: My computer has been having issues for a while but they were ignorable calculator or photos app not working but recently the taskbar, search bar, settings and start button stopped working aswell as many other apps. So i did a window reset with keeping my personal files. It...
  7. Files from desktop automatically deleted, I don't know how to recover them. Read Below.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files from desktop automatically deleted, I don't know how to recover them. Read Below.: This morning I turned my PC on and the wallpaper was set to default and some of the files' shortcuts were missing. I searched for the files in start, found them, and remade shortcuts for them on desktop and my accounts were all signed out.In the meantime I shut the PC down...
  8. how to my deleted files by mistake

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to my deleted files by mistake: i hope i can find a way to recover my deleted files thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-my-deleted-files-by-mistake/9b3d0540-7721-4399-b42d-d5151d0e36cc
  9. Don't know how to get rid of folders - but keep the files in them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Don't know how to get rid of folders - but keep the files in them: I have a folder full of music but all the songs are sequestered in sometimes multiple folders, but I want them all to be in just the ONE folder. I tried just copying all the .mp3 files into a new folder, but they stayed in their little folders anyway. Can anyone tell me how...
  10. files deleted by mistake

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    files deleted by mistake: How can I retrieve some files that I deleted by mistake? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-deleted-by-mistake/46e5d20a-9522-4d0f-a942-535c99fee401