Windows 10: Deleted files and data as it was a temporary user profile

Discus and support Deleted files and data as it was a temporary user profile in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows technical advisor recovered my documents and files. All on my desktop. I had lost access to them as i was logged into a temporary user profile.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrendaSmith70, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Deleted files and data as it was a temporary user profile

Windows technical advisor recovered my documents and files. All on my desktop. I had lost access to them as i was logged into a temporary user profile. Anyways i have take computer to a shop, the guy checked whole hard drive, nothing is there. He thinks the advisor cut all existing files but placed them on a tempoary user profile which automatically deleted and lost it all when laptop got switched.

:)

BrendaSmith70, Oct 17, 2019
  2. WalterH Win User

Can I delete temporary User Profiles and folders from Users directory?

I am trying to determine whether I can delete TEMP User Profiles. One of my Win 10 Pro machines was updated to Version 1903 last night. After rebooting and trying to log in, I received the message "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in." I was about the try repairing the registry but decided to just do several reboots. For some reason, this fixed the sign-in issue. However, now I notice that four temporary User Profiles were created, all starting with TEMP.

Deleted files and data as it was a temporary user profile [​IMG]

Looking at the registry entries in ProfileList, I see the entry ending in 1001 (which is for user haisler) and the one ending in 1003 (which is for user adminwh), and these look OK and work OK for sign-in. So my sign-in problem is fixed. None of the entries in the ProfileList are connected to the TEMP user profiles.

Deleted files and data as it was a temporary user profile [​IMG]

Looking at folders/files stored for the User profiles starting with TEMP (like Desktop, Documents, etc), I don't see any files there the are connected to the main user (haisler).

So Questions: Is it safe to delete the four folders starting with TEMP in the Users directory? Is there any other step that needs to be taken to delete these four User Profiles and associated files?

WalterH, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10  

I came home today and had to log in to my desktop. When I did it said it was preparing Windows and I was taken to the temporary profile. I followed the tutorial to delete the profile folder path (step 9). At some point in the process, I confirmed that I could see my old files in C: \Users\BriggsDesktop. When I restarted, it went through the "We're glad you're here" screens. However it took me back to the desktop that looks just like the temporary profile one. I can no longer find all of my files. I tried doing a restore, but it did not complete successfully. Suggestions?

Justinbriggs, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Deleted files and data as it was a temporary user profile

PC switched me to a temporary user profile

Thanks for the welcome! I am able to get to the corrupted file, but when following through with the steps to delete or rename the file, the error message occurs. The only thing I haven't tried doing is a system restore. I really don't want to do that because it will delete a lot of apps and security that I spent hours downloading into my pc.

buonafortuna, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Deleted files and data as it was a temporary user profile

1. Deleted files and data as it was a temporary user profile - Similar Threads - Deleted files data

2. "User profile cannot be loaded" message, temporary user file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "User profile cannot be loaded" message, temporary user file: I was using my computer, and I got a "User profile cannot be loaded" message. I then restarted my computer, and it created a temporary user file. Is there any way that I can recover my original user files?...
  3. "User profile cannot be loaded" message, temporary user file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "User profile cannot be loaded" message, temporary user file: I was using my computer, and I got a "User profile cannot be loaded" message. I then restarted my computer, and it created a temporary user file. Is there any way that I can recover my original user files?...
  4. Recover deleted Temporary profile.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover deleted Temporary profile.: Hey.I need help if someone is willing to help me. Yesterday my laptop opened up a temporary profile. And because I dont know alot about tech, I mistakenly moved my work into a temporary profile because I just thought I had a system reset. Today, it has gone back to its usual...
  5. Recover deleted Temporary profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover deleted Temporary profile.: Hey.I need help if someone is willing to help me. Yesterday my laptop opened up a temporary profile. And because I dont know alot about tech, I mistakenly moved my work into a temporary profile because I just thought I had a system reset. Today, it has gone back to its usual...
  6. Recover deleted Temporary profile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Temporary user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary user profile: How do I change a temporary profile to a permanent one so that I don't lose settings and data every time I close down? I tried A. User's instruction but I got stuck at the net user administrator /active:yes command. This started when I tried to block certain websites by...
  8. file deletion/temporary user/sfc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file deletion/temporary user/sfc: I've been having a problem with windows 10 deleting my downloads, programs and saved files after updates and occasionally after restarts so I went looking and found this post:...
  9. Temporary User Profile Made me delete files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary User Profile Made me delete files: Hi, I recently booted my PC after the battery went down. Everything was normal until i reached my dekstop where I realised it had been cleaned. All my folders had disappeared. I did not know at the time that Windows logged me up in a temporary profile (without telling me...
  10. Modify the temporary user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Modify the temporary user profile: Hi, Many family members and their children come to my house and use my laptop. However, several times, they have wrecked my personal user account. I have setup a local account for this matter, called Visitor. In the users folder, I renamed 'visitor' to 'visitor1', so...