Windows 10: Deleted files and programs in Windows 10

Discus and support Deleted files and programs in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having issues with windows 10. It seems some apps like what's app, Dropbox and google have been deleted. This has happened twice. Also, some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mónicacampaña, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Deleted files and programs in Windows 10

Hi, I'm having issues with windows 10. It seems some apps like what's app, Dropbox and google have been deleted. This has happened twice. Also, some files from my Dropbox are being deleted (but I could restore them). I looked over the internet about this issues and it seems I have to use the command prompt to initiate sfc scan but the cmd it's not displayed in the start menu and I need to run the cmd as an administrator.

So, I was looking at how to download the start menu troubleshooter to fix that problem but the links provided in other questions are not working.

Can someone help me?

:)

mónicacampaña, Feb 19, 2019
  2. KBD
    KBD Win User

Plz recomend program to recover deleted files.

Let me try what you guys suggested, i am willing to pay for the program to get the files back.

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 19, 2019
  4. keakar Win User

Deleted files and programs in Windows 10

how to get rid of program from windows xp?

check your documents files and delete anything there for it. (save folders for games often go there)

open up "c'drive/programs" and manually delete the game folder there, it may be under game company name.

now go add/remove programs and it should say something about files not found and do you want to delete it from list. lastly use a reg cleaner to clean out any windows prefetch files for game.

the prefetch files are often where they put in dated dissable files to stop demos from working forever

keakar, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Deleted files and programs in Windows 10

1. Deleted files and programs in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Deleted files programs

2. deleted program files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleted program files x86: I deleted Program files x86 by mistake .How I can create same folder ,whenever I have tried to create same folder there is an error as this files is in use.. please help me to create the folder or restore it....
  3. DEleted files and programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DEleted files and programs: OK, so I up graded to Windows 10 Pro this evening. Had some issues so I contacted Microsoft support. They helped get the windows 10 Pro installed. Prior to installing, I had asked if my current programs and files would be effected and was told no. Anyway, I no longer have ANY...
  4. Delete Windows files in Programs folder

Delete Windows files in Programs folder: Hello! I just got a new SSD and want to use my old drive as bulk storage. I found it easier to just install a new copy of Windows on my new drive. I installed my essential applications and wanted to use a shortcut so I can have all my old applications. The problem is, the old...
  5. Deleting MY files and programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting MY files and programs: Why are you deleting MY files and where are they? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-my-files-and-programs/01fd4a6a-1d8e-4966-8a62-68946246e734
  6. Unable to Delete a file in program files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Delete a file in program files: Unable to Delete applemobiledeviceprocess file in program files. Previously I'd delete exe of any unwanted exe that runs for no reason, but now it says requires permission from system, unable to change them. File is a pest by iTunes, I neither own or plan to any apple...
  7. delete program files frfom uninstalled program Win 10

delete program files frfom uninstalled program Win 10: delete program files from uninstalled program Win 10 I want to delete program files from Wondweshare video converter Ultimate. I've un-installed the program. When I install a newer version, the program files keep me from entering a new key code. Thanks...
  8. delete a program file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete a program file: How can I close the carbonite program and delete the carbonite program file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-program-file/426ef3c3-741e-4f48-bbde-36a4377bc252"
  9. Can't delete Programs files and program files x86

Can't delete Programs files and program files x86: I am trying to change what disk i am using so i copied over the program files and program files x86 but i can't delete the old it just says file is still open but nothing else is open...
  10. Windows 10 Is Randomly Deleting Programs, Files, Associations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Is Randomly Deleting Programs, Files, Associations: It seems windows keeps deleting random files, uninstalls programs , resets file associations... In the past few weeks I have had stuff just dispear from my computer everything from important documents to programs being uninstalled without permission Shortcuts and file...