Windows 10: DEleted files and programs

Discus and support DEleted files and programs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; OK, so I up graded to Windows 10 Pro this evening. Had some issues so I contacted Microsoft support. They helped get the windows 10 Pro installed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeLahita, Feb 14, 2021.

1. DEleted files and programs

OK, so I up graded to Windows 10 Pro this evening. Had some issues so I contacted Microsoft support. They helped get the windows 10 Pro installed. Prior to installing, I had asked if my current programs and files would be effected and was told no. Anyway, I no longer have ANY FILES and all my programs are gone. Any suggestions? I am a bit concerned about trying to restore at this point

:)

MikeLahita, Feb 14, 2021
  2. KBD
    KBD Win User

Plz recomend program to recover deleted files.

Let me try what you guys suggested, i am willing to pay for the program to get the files back.

3. DCnewbie Win User
    How do I delete registry files?

Does it matter if I deleted programs at:
    Go to Hkey_Current User> Software intead of "Local Machine"?

Also, where can I check if programs listed there are legitimate? Isn't there a website to check the names of programs or applications?

DCnewbie, Feb 14, 2021
  4. DCnewbie Win User

DEleted files and programs

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

DEleted files and programs

1. DEleted files and programs - Similar Threads - DEleted files programs

2. How to fix deleted program file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix deleted program file: Okay so I was messing with regedit and i accidentally deleted an important file. First i cant shutdown my laptop so i Shift+shutdown. Now when i open it, it only goes to safe mode. I tried doing system restore and it errors. I tried downloading windows using a usb and it wont...
  3. How to fix deleted program file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix deleted program file: Okay so I was messing with regedit and i accidentally deleted an important file. First i cant shutdown my laptop so i Shift+shutdown. Now when i open it, it only goes to safe mode. I tried doing system restore and it errors. I tried downloading windows using a usb and it wont...
  4. deleted program files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleted program files x86: I deleted Program files x86 by mistake .How I can create same folder ,whenever I have tried to create same folder there is an error as this files is in use.. please help me to create the folder or restore it....
  5. Delete Windows files in Programs folder

Delete Windows files in Programs folder: Hello! I just got a new SSD and want to use my old drive as bulk storage. I found it easier to just install a new copy of Windows on my new drive. I installed my essential applications and wanted to use a shortcut so I can have all my old applications. The problem is, the old...
  6. how to delete program files and program files86x

how to delete program files and program files86x: Hi, I need to remove these files from a drive which I pulled from another computer. I got rid of the windows but I am stuck with the program files. I have tried to change permissions to me however it just says I need to give myself permission to make changes to this file....
  7. Deleting MY files and programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting MY files and programs: Why are you deleting MY files and where are they? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-my-files-and-programs/01fd4a6a-1d8e-4966-8a62-68946246e734
  8. Unable to Delete a file in program files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Delete a file in program files: Unable to Delete applemobiledeviceprocess file in program files. Previously I'd delete exe of any unwanted exe that runs for no reason, but now it says requires permission from system, unable to change them. File is a pest by iTunes, I neither own or plan to any apple...
  9. delete a program file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete a program file: How can I close the carbonite program and delete the carbonite program file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-program-file/426ef3c3-741e-4f48-bbde-36a4377bc252"
  10. Can't delete Programs files and program files x86

Can't delete Programs files and program files x86: I am trying to change what disk i am using so i copied over the program files and program files x86 but i can't delete the old it just says file is still open but nothing else is open...