Windows 10: Deleted files/Folders disappears after deleting only after hitting Refresh

Discus and support Deleted files/Folders disappears after deleting only after hitting Refresh in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had this issue in the past and eventually it disappeared by itself. Possibly due to a future Windows Update.But since I installed a Preview Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elstaci, May 11, 2022.

1. elstaci Win User

Deleted files/Folders disappears after deleting only after hitting Refresh

I had this issue in the past and eventually it disappeared by itself. Possibly due to a future Windows Update.But since I installed a Preview Windows Update before the May Update and then the May Update I notice that whenever I delete a file or folder it doesn't disappear unless I click on the Refresh in the Sub-Menu in Windows 11. In another words the Windows page doesn't automatically refresh after deleting a file or folder.I tried to google the problem because last time there were some work arounds to fix the issue but I am not able to find it now.I have run SFC /scannow without any discrep

:)

elstaci, May 11, 2022
  2. Javaman Win User

File explorer not refreshing after deleting files in search

Using Windows 10 Home.
    This problem only happens if I'm performing a search.
    If I search within a folder for say *.* and then delete a file, the list of files does not refresh.
    The file remains listed even though it's been deleted.
    If I manually refresh then the file disappears from the list. Same thing happens if I undo the delete.
    I need to hit F5 to make the file reappear in the search list.

Anyone else having this problem or know a fix? Thanks.

-----

Seems to be a Windows 10 prob. I went back to 8.1 and everything was fine.

Javaman, May 11, 2022
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleted files/Folders disappears after deleting only after hitting Refresh :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleted files/Folders disappears after deleting only after hitting Refresh :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 11, 2022
  4. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Deleted files/Folders disappears after deleting only after hitting Refresh upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, May 11, 2022
Thema:

1. Deleted files/Folders disappears after deleting only after hitting Refresh - Similar Threads - Deleted files Folders

2. Deleted files/Folders disappears after deleting only after hitting Refresh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted files/Folders disappears after deleting only after hitting Refresh: I had this issue in the past and eventually it disappeared by itself. Possibly due to a future Windows Update.But since I installed a Preview Windows Update before the May Update and then the May Update I notice that whenever I delete a file or folder it doesn't disappear...
  3. Folder doesn't disappear after deleted in File Explorer - advanced problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder doesn't disappear after deleted in File Explorer - advanced problem: Hey there,So I created a folder at some point and now it won't disappear after I thought I deleted it. It is behaving very strangely. The folder is on a partitioned drive from my C: drive, using Windows 11.When I click on FOLDER1 I am able to open it and create FOLDER2 inside...
  4. Folder doesn't disappear after deleted in File Explorer - advanced problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder doesn't disappear after deleted in File Explorer - advanced problem: Hey there,So I created a folder at some point and now it won't disappear after I thought I deleted it. It is behaving very strangely. The folder is on a partitioned drive from my C: drive, using Windows 11.When I click on FOLDER1 I am able to open it and create FOLDER2 inside...
  5. Deleted Folder Not Disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Folder Not Disappearing: Somehow I ended up accidentally creating two different folders that had the exact same name on my desktop. Normally it should have just overwritten what was in the original folder or asked me to change one of the folder's names but instead it created a second folder, with...
  6. Files not refreshing after deleting them.

in Windows 10 Support
    Files not refreshing after deleting them.: For some reason,File Explorer doens't refresh after I delete a file. How can I fix this? Thank you 169617
  7. Delete only folders and not the files in them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete only folders and not the files in them: Hi, I have a folder on my drive with many folders inside of it. I want to “empty” all of the sub folders into the main folder and delete the sub folders while keeping all files intact. Folder->subfolder->files Into Folder->files Is there a way to do this on a large scale...
  8. Files and folders reappear after deleting or moving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files and folders reappear after deleting or moving: I have 2 places on my Windows 10 machine where folders reappear after being moved or deleted. The pictures folder and download folders have been moved from the small SSD C drive to the larger D drive. Several folders in the picture folders return to their original place...
  9. File explorer not refreshing after deleting files in search

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer not refreshing after deleting files in search: Using Windows 10 Home. This problem only happens if I'm performing a search. If I search within a folder for say *.* and then delete a file, the list of files does not refresh. The file remains listed even though it's been deleted. If I manually refresh then the file...
  10. No refresh after delete

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No refresh after delete: I am sure lots of people have already mentioned this but I am presuming there is a very simple fix. If I delete or move items in win 10 they stay visible in the folder until I refresh. Could someone say what the fix is for this? It was a minor issue to start with but...