Windows 10: Deleted files, four E: drive partitions, windows upgrade update 21H2

Discus and support Deleted files, four E: drive partitions, windows upgrade update 21H2 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had my computer set up working great. Then I did a dumb thing. I responded to microsoft to do the lasted upgrade to Windows 10 21H2. Now I have lost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DA Teddybear, May 7, 2022.

1. Deleted files, four E: drive partitions, windows upgrade update 21H2

I had my computer set up working great. Then I did a dumb thing. I responded to microsoft to do the lasted upgrade to Windows 10 21H2. Now I have lost a months worth of work. Everything is turned upside down. The upgrade to my E: drive and divided it into four different partitions. One of the partitions was filled with a set of backup files from a month ago. The other partitions I cant' get access too. I may not be the smartest cookie in the batch, but I thought Smart People were building these programs. Doesn't seem very smart to me. How do i get access to this other partition? There is no wa

:)

DA Teddybear, May 7, 2022
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, May 7, 2022
  3. Melvis Win User
    How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, May 7, 2022
  4. Deleted files, four E: drive partitions, windows upgrade update 21H2

How to delete the partition after creating a recovery drive on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about deleting the recovery partition after creating a recovery drive. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps to delete the recovery partition from Command Prompt and check if it helps.

I suggest you to log-in as an administrator with Microsoft account, try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type: diskpart
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list disk (Make note of the disk number of the disk from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select diskn (Select the disk
      n from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list partition (Make note of the number of the partition that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select partition (Select the partition
      n that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: delete partition

Caution

• Deleting a partition on a dynamic disk can delete all dynamic volumes on the disk, thus leaving the disk in a corrupt state. To delete a dynamic volume, use the
      delete volume command instead. For instructions on how to delete a dynamic volume, see Related Topics.

• When you delete a partition, all data on that deleted partition or logical drive is lost.

• You cannot recover deleted partitions or logical drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 7, 2022
Thema:

Deleted files, four E: drive partitions, windows upgrade update 21H2

1. Deleted files, four E: drive partitions, windows upgrade update 21H2 - Similar Threads - Deleted files four

2. Why does upgrading to Windows 11 remove the E: drive partition ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does upgrading to Windows 11 remove the E: drive partition ?: On two separate machines - after upgrading from Windows 10 latest version to Windows 11, the E: drive partition was removed.First time, I thought it was a fluke, otherwise I would have backed up files I needed from that partition.Second machine, after upgrading to Windows 11...
  3. Why does upgrading to Windows 11 remove the E: drive partition ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does upgrading to Windows 11 remove the E: drive partition ?: On two separate machines - after upgrading from Windows 10 latest version to Windows 11, the E: drive partition was removed.First time, I thought it was a fluke, otherwise I would have backed up files I needed from that partition.Second machine, after upgrading to Windows 11...
  4. Deleted files, four E: drive partitions, windows upgrade update 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted files, four E: drive partitions, windows upgrade update 21H2: I had my computer set up working great. Then I did a dumb thing. I responded to microsoft to do the lasted upgrade to Windows 10 21H2. Now I have lost a months worth of work. Everything is turned upside down. The upgrade to my E: drive and divided it into four different...
  5. Deleted files, four E: drive partitions, windows upgrade update 21H2

Deleted files, four E: drive partitions, windows upgrade update 21H2: I had my computer set up working great. Then I did a dumb thing. I responded to microsoft to do the lasted upgrade to Windows 10 21H2. Now I have lost a months worth of work. Everything is turned upside down. The upgrade to my E: drive and divided it into four different...
  6. Win10 Drive C partitions, what is the E partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Drive C partitions, what is the E partition: I'm trying to prepare an old Win10 desktop for my granddaughter. Currently, there is only one drive in the desktop Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB. The above image shows that it has four partitions. What is the 2nd partition with the drive letter "E".Can the "E" drive be safely...
  7. Win10 Drive C partitions, what is the E partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Drive C partitions, what is the E partition: I'm trying to prepare an old Win10 desktop for my granddaughter. Currently, there is only one drive in the desktop Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB. The above image shows that it has four partitions. What is the 2nd partition with the drive letter "E".Can the "E" drive be safely...
  8. Win10 Drive C partitions, what is the E partition

9. My drive E is deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My drive E is deleted: I had a drive E worth 80 gb of data but gone missing from file explorer. I checked the diskmanagement and saw the drive E is free space now. I think the windows update deleted the drive. How can I recover the drive E? [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade deleted partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade deleted partition: Hi I have just update my pc from Win7 to Win10 and before upgrading i had 2 discs showing, C & D. There was instruction that i had to delete partitions before upgrade. After upgrading I checked My Computer and only disc C is listed. I obviously accidentally deleted...