Windows 10: Deleted files instead of uninstalling files now hard drive full

Discus and support Deleted files instead of uninstalling files now hard drive full in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HI, My son listened to bad advise and has been deleting files instead of uninstalling them to remove them from his computer. Now his hard drive is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by onecrazycat, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Deleted files instead of uninstalling files now hard drive full

HI,

My son listened to bad advise and has been deleting files instead of uninstalling them to remove them from his computer. Now his hard drive is full and he doesn't have enough stuff listed on there that would fill it up. So when he deleted them instead of uninstalling them did it leave hidden files that would take up space? If so how do we get rid of them. It is a gaming computer running windows 10.. Thank you for the help!!

:)

onecrazycat, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Platibus Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Deleted files instead of uninstalling files now hard drive full

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Deleted files instead of uninstalling files now hard drive full

1. Deleted files instead of uninstalling files now hard drive full - Similar Threads - Deleted files instead

2. OneDrive deleted files from my hard drive!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive deleted files from my hard drive!: I recently received a notice that my OneDrive storage was full. I was never intentionally using OneDrive for my personal PC, so I simply deleted everything from the cloud. Unbeknownst to me, it also deleted everything from my PC's hard drive!!! I already emptied the OneDrive...
  3. Deleting TEMP files from a USB hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting TEMP files from a USB hard Drive: Hi, my usb drive has temp files on it which won't delete. It says I need Administrator's authority to delete but as far as I can tell I have Administrator rights. Anyone know what to do?...
  4. Deleting TEMP files from a USB hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting TEMP files from a USB hard Drive: Hi, my usb drive has temp files on it which won't delete. It says I need Administrator's authority to delete but as far as I can tell I have Administrator rights. Anyone know what to do?...
  5. Instead of Deleting OST files I renamed them- Drive was full

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Instead of Deleting OST files I renamed them- Drive was full: Instead of Deleting OST files, I renamed them Drive was full, so I deleted my old ost files and now there is plenty of space on my hard drive but on this computer, But outlook won't download my mail anymore on this computer. it will on the other computers - I need to somehow...
  6. files on external hard drive deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files on external hard drive deleted: Hi, I have accidentally deleted files on an external hard drive after downloading a copy of windows 10 on to it.I have used easus data recovery software to try and find the files which it says it has. i now have the problem where I believe the hard drive has been formatted so...
  7. Deleting Windows.edb and Copying Full Hard Drive

Deleting Windows.edb and Copying Full Hard Drive: Howdy y’all. My toshiba laptop has been haemorrhaging memory for years. No matter how I delete things or how much space I use it it’ll suddenly drop. I got to the point I wanted to figure out why so upon research I installed WinDirStat. I found my answer. 71gb is...
  8. Hard drive appearing full but the files don't add up

Hard drive appearing full but the files don't add up: Hello, I've had my 2TB hard drive for awhile and its been "full". I was curious where all my space went to. I went to check the space of all my files and it shows only 588 GB of space taken up, and do not know where the rest of that space went to. I do have hidden files...
  9. deleting files from external hard drive

deleting files from external hard drive: trying to delete and getting error code 0*80070570, what does it mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-files-from-external-hard-drive/8390b5f9-4abf-4ff3-aa8d-29caf58d76e1"
  10. Drive full but no files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Drive full but no files: One of my drives is filling up but there are no files. I have checked Show Hidden, run WinDirStat. Any thoughts/ ideas. [img] 90692

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deleted files instead if uninstalling them