Windows 10: Deleted files on the desktop gone?

Discus and support Deleted files on the desktop gone? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I need your help. I did a file folder on the desktop a long time ago, which I accidentally deleted then, through the recycle bin which I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hilftgerne1111, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Deleted files on the desktop gone?

Hi, I need your help.

I did a file folder on the desktop a long time ago, which I accidentally deleted then, through the recycle bin which I also emptied. But I didn't know that I saved it on the desktop and not a folder on the hard disk. What can I do? Is very important

:)

Hilftgerne1111, Jun 6, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Jun 6, 2020
  4. hdjx Win User

Deleted files on the desktop gone?

files have gone

I MOVED a directory from one W2K PC to another. However, the target PC (which has a backup unit on it and thus the point of the move) crashed halfway through the move and I had to reboot. I then decided that I needed to sort out why the PC crashed and MOVED the directory back again.

However, in the process, most of the files have disappeared! What I don't understand is why the original files were deleted if they were not copied over.

As far as I can see, the files have gone for good. Is there any hope? Friend suggest Data Recovery Wizard, can I try that?

hdjx, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Deleted files on the desktop gone?

1. Deleted files on the desktop gone? - Similar Threads - Deleted files desktop

2. Desktop Deleting Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Deleting Files: I have windows 10 when ever I shut down my pc the desktop delete the whatsapp and other shortcut from my desktop. Also it deleted some of my other documents but the documents are not shown in recycle bin how ever whatsapp shortcut and others are being displayed and when I...
  3. Desktop Deleting Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Deleting Files: I have windows 10 when ever I shut down my pc the desktop delete the whatsapp and other shortcut from my desktop. Also it deleted some of my other documents but the documents are not shown in recycle bin how ever whatsapp shortcut and others are being displayed and when I...
  4. Desktop Deleting Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files on Desktop and Pictures gone!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files on Desktop and Pictures gone!: I lost All my pictures downloaded from my iPhone that I have been keeping in the 'Picture' folder. ALL my setup on my desktop are gone. This happening after the update, NOT upgrade. I don't backup on Cloud thought my computer is safe enough to save all my pictures. I...
  6. Desktop files are gone

Desktop files are gone: Ok, so I really need help with this one, massively. My computer updated to the newer version of Windows 10 without me asking. I noticed all my folders were gone from the desktop. I managed to find them in my desktop folder, which had my old desktop items but not my new ones,...
  7. Files gone missing from Desktop???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files gone missing from Desktop???: I have a folder structure sitting in my desktop directory that contains about 40 sub directories, one for each of my past clients. Within each of these sub-directories there are other sub-directories. A few days ago I went into one of these sub-directories and found that...
  8. Desktop files gone with OneDrive

Desktop files gone with OneDrive: One day I was scrolling through YouTube and stumbled upon a Windows 10 opt. video and decided to follow the steps. The video showed a program that debloats Windows 10 and it had an option to remove OneDrive so I clicked on it, because I didn't know it was linked with any of...
  9. My Laptop deletes every files on desktop and they are just gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop deletes every files on desktop and they are just gone: Hello, so my problem is that about every three times when I turn on my laptop again after last night, I'll notice my laptop deletes every single file on desktop. And that's not the only problem, my laptop also keeps signing me out from everything game launcher account,...
  10. Desktop file 'gone'

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop file 'gone': After the latest updates (2 days ago) I got the message that backing up & synchronizing in Edge is no longer possible because the map Desktop cannot be traced, and would I be so kind to "Search or Stop synchronizing." A Search only results in "Desktop - This map is empty"....