Windows 10: deleted files still taking up storage space?

Discus and support deleted files still taking up storage space? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; all these files have been deleted and should be completely removed from my PC, yet it still shows them taking up space. anything i can do here?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ÍsakMáni, Dec 5, 2022.

1. deleted files still taking up storage space?

all these files have been deleted and should be completely removed from my PC, yet it still shows them taking up space. anything i can do here?

:)

ÍsakMáni, Dec 5, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

System files taking up 85GB of storage space

Hi, there are tutorials that can help you free space:
    Free Up Drive Space in Windows 10
    Free Up Disk Space Now with Storage Sense in Windows 10

I prefer Wiztree to the outdated WinDirStat mentioned in the above:

deleted files still taking up storage space? [​IMG]

Thsi may help you see where your space is used.

I've set the colours so red marks files I might be interested in adding to Ccleaner's list should I so wish - here you can see some dmp files.

dalchina, Dec 5, 2022
  3. System and Reserved Files are taking too much space. 350GB

Hi,

Here are several methods that you can perform to free up your hard drive space in Windows 10:

Method 1. Delete junk files using Storage sense:

• Open Settings
    • Select System and choose Storage.
    • Under Storage sense, click on the Change how we free up space link.
    • Under Temporary files, check the files that you want to delete including
      Delete temporary files that my apps aren't using, Delete files that have been in the recycle bin for over 30 days, &
      Delete files in the Downloads folder that haven't changed in 30 days.
    • Under Free up space now, you can also select the option to delete the previous installation of Windows 10.
      Note: this option is only available during the first ten days after installing a new feature update.
    After completing these steps, click on the Clean now button to free up the space.

Method 2. Uninstall apps and games you don't use:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    • Select the app or game and uninstall it.
    • Click the Uninstall button again to confirm
    • Repeat the process if you need to uninstall additional apps or games.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Dec 5, 2022
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

deleted files still taking up storage space?

Unable to delete temporary files

Hi Sumit,

Looks like you are running out of storage space, let's walk you through the steps of running
    Disc cleanup for your Windows 10 device.

To delete temporary files, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
    • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Dec 5, 2022
Thema:

deleted files still taking up storage space?

1. deleted files still taking up storage space? - Similar Threads - deleted files still

2. I deleted Ark a while ago but it's still taking up space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted Ark a while ago but it's still taking up space.: I'm not sure what to do, I can't re delete it because I can't find where it is on my pc. It's been a problem for months now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-ark-a-while-ago-but-its-still-taking-up/56a06149-f0e5-4934-8975-787963037e5c
  3. deleted files still taking up storage space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted files still taking up storage space?: all these files have been deleted and should be completely removed from my PC, yet it still shows them taking up space. anything i can do here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-files-still-taking-up-storage-space/6e2ec4d6-44ba-4e48-ae4c-ab1043cf7b31
  4. Deleted torrent file still taking up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted torrent file still taking up space: I was using free download manager today in order to install a torrent file, I realized that the torrent file was way too big and the download size was way too slow, it said would take 11 weeks to install and it was installing like one KB per second. I deleted the torrent file...
  5. System files taking up 85GB of storage space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System files taking up 85GB of storage space: Today I got a system notification on Windows 10 telling me that my C: drive is full, so I checked where most of the used space came from and found this. It seems like 85GB out of my 111GB drive are being occupied by system files, here you can see how 77GB are being used by...
  6. Game still taking up 50GB+ of space after deleting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game still taking up 50GB+ of space after deleting: I started installing Sea of Thieves to my new laptop a few days ago, only to find that a massive 100GB of disk space has been taken for a game which lists only 50GB or slightly over, as required for install. The laptop is for work, however, I fancied testing out the game as...
  7. Deleted Files take up MORE space after deletion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Files take up MORE space after deletion: Was low on room for my C: drive so I decided to go uninstall some of the campaigns for HALO. All in all, it should have brought about 45gbs of space back to me. Instead, it took up MORE room and now I have 400mbs of space left. It is NOT system restore- I had this issue in...
  8. Deleted files but it's still showing as taking up space.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted files but it's still showing as taking up space.: So i linked my Google Drive with my Windows 10 ASUS Laptop. After realizing how much space it took up i ended up deleting it. I went into control panel and deleted it, emptied it from my recycle bin but it's still showing all the space being used. Under my pc i search DRIVE...
  9. I deleted Windows.old but it still takes up space

I deleted Windows.old but it still takes up space: Hello. I recently updated my windows 10 pro to the 1909 version. Then i went to disk cleanup and chose the "windows update cleanup" option and it deleted the folder Windows.old but it didnt free up space as much as it should. I only have like 33 gigs worth of stuff out of...
  10. 'Other' files taking up storage space

'Other' files taking up storage space: Alright, so I have a Windows 10 laptop with 29.1 gigabytes on the C drive. Now, sometimes when I go to settings, system, storage, and see how much space's taken up by the system files, sometimes it'll say about 17 GB while other times it'll say 19 GB. Because the system files...