Windows 10: Deleted Files take up MORE space after deletion

Discus and support Deleted Files take up MORE space after deletion in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Was low on room for my C: drive so I decided to go uninstall some of the campaigns for HALO. All in all, it should have brought about 45gbs of space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bpdpunk, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Deleted Files take up MORE space after deletion

Was low on room for my C: drive so I decided to go uninstall some of the campaigns for HALO. All in all, it should have brought about 45gbs of space back to me. Instead, it took up MORE room and now I have 400mbs of space left. It is NOT system restore- I had this issue in the past and that was the problem then and I disabled it. I double checked it too just to be safe. I ran disk clean up and it only got me 5gbs back. I have absolutely no idea what else I can try.

What on earth can I do?

submitted by /u/Bpdpunk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bpdpunk, Oct 2, 2020
  2. rk3066 Win User

Deleting the "SoftwareDistribution" Files

I noticed that "Depending on your HDD Space and you made sure your Updated on Windows 7" that you can delete all the Files "Going into Safe-Mode of course" but i saw a .Txt File that shows the Updates you've installed "That i deleted by mistake" but by deleting that File i saw the updates needed to be installed again but i knew weren't true.

So yeah what ya' think? Should this be a good idea? I saw that over 3GB worth of files!

rk3066, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Oct 2, 2020
  4. macbeth Win User

Deleted Files take up MORE space after deletion

Cannot delete files in Temp

There are a few files that i cant delete in
    C:\Documents and Settings\1st User\Local Settings\Temp
    which are ~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp, ~ROMFN_000007A8 and Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat. And some times there are a few more.
    What are these files and why cant they be deleted?

macbeth, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Deleted Files take up MORE space after deletion

1. Deleted Files take up MORE space after deletion - Similar Threads - Deleted Files MORE

2. deleted files still taking up storage space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted files still taking up storage space?: all these files have been deleted and should be completely removed from my PC, yet it still shows them taking up space. anything i can do here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-files-still-taking-up-storage-space/6e2ec4d6-44ba-4e48-ae4c-ab1043cf7b31
  3. deleted files still taking up storage space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted files still taking up storage space?: all these files have been deleted and should be completely removed from my PC, yet it still shows them taking up space. anything i can do here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-files-still-taking-up-storage-space/6e2ec4d6-44ba-4e48-ae4c-ab1043cf7b31
  4. Files taking up more space than they should.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files taking up more space than they should.: So when i download files, or pick files from my old computer to the one i am using now, the files take up more space than they should, and my disk storage seemingly keeps decreasing alone, the problem seems to be fixed when i delete the file, however the extra storage space...
  5. Files taking up more space than they should.

Files taking up more space than they should.: So when i download files, or pick files from my old computer to the one i am using now, the files take up more space than they should, and my disk storage seemingly keeps decreasing alone, the problem seems to be fixed when i delete the file, however the extra storage space...
  6. Deleted torrent file still taking up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted torrent file still taking up space: I was using free download manager today in order to install a torrent file, I realized that the torrent file was way too big and the download size was way too slow, it said would take 11 weeks to install and it was installing like one KB per second. I deleted the torrent file...
  7. Game still taking up 50GB+ of space after deleting

Game still taking up 50GB+ of space after deleting: I started installing Sea of Thieves to my new laptop a few days ago, only to find that a massive 100GB of disk space has been taken for a game which lists only 50GB or slightly over, as required for install. The laptop is for work, however, I fancied testing out the game as...
  8. Deleted files but it's still showing as taking up space.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted files but it's still showing as taking up space.: So i linked my Google Drive with my Windows 10 ASUS Laptop. After realizing how much space it took up i ended up deleting it. I went into control panel and deleted it, emptied it from my recycle bin but it's still showing all the space being used. Under my pc i search DRIVE...
  9. I deleted Windows.old but it still takes up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I deleted Windows.old but it still takes up space: Hello. I recently updated my windows 10 pro to the 1909 version. Then i went to disk cleanup and chose the "windows update cleanup" option and it deleted the folder Windows.old but it didnt free up space as much as it should. I only have like 33 gigs worth of stuff out of...
  10. Unable to delete apps that are taking up space.

Unable to delete apps that are taking up space.: Please can someone help? I downloaded some apps onto an SD card but they wouldn't work. So I removed the SD card. Now these apps are taking up room on my tablet which I need. I have tried to remove them but get error code:0x8000000e. I have also tried resetting them but...