Windows 10: Deleted folder from command prompt

Discus and support Deleted folder from command prompt in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was deleting some useless folders with command prompt, and I tried to delete a folder called "." or ".." Then desktop's icons deleted, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LouisVaccon__, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Deleted folder from command prompt

I was deleting some useless folders with command prompt, and I tried to delete a folder called "." or ".."

Then desktop's icons deleted, and application bar's icons too. Chrome also formatted, Office logged out, and some other programs also did. Then I rebooted and now everything seems ok, except for the command prompt which automatically runs as admin. What did I do?

submitted by /u/LouisVaccon__
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LouisVaccon__, Oct 24, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleted folder from command prompt :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleted folder from command prompt :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 24, 2020
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Deleted folder from command prompt

Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

Just run "cleanmgr.exe" in the run command or in a command prompt and select the drive you want to clean......

VulkanBros, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Deleted folder from command prompt

1. Deleted folder from command prompt - Similar Threads - Deleted folder command

2. How to delete SynTp.sys Driver from Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete SynTp.sys Driver from Command Prompt: As stated in the question, I simply need to delete SynTp.sys. For a while now, I have been having problem with BSOD's coming from this driver. I have a windows 11 laptop, and I use it as a pc, so I close the lid and attach a moniter and mouse/keyboard. As such, I dont care...
  3. How to delete SynTp.sys Driver from Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete SynTp.sys Driver from Command Prompt: As stated in the question, I simply need to delete SynTp.sys. For a while now, I have been having problem with BSOD's coming from this driver. I have a windows 11 laptop, and I use it as a pc, so I close the lid and attach a moniter and mouse/keyboard. As such, I dont care...
  4. Unable to delete folder in Explorer or Command Prompt in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete folder in Explorer or Command Prompt in Windows 11: I have a folder that became orphaned. I can see it in Explorer and the command prompt but whenever I try to delete the folder it Windows 11 responds with "Could Not Find C:\Users\<username>\<foldername>". I've tried going into Admin mode on terminal and get the same response...
  5. Unable to delete folder in Explorer or Command Prompt in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete folder in Explorer or Command Prompt in Windows 11: I have a folder that became orphaned. I can see it in Explorer and the command prompt but whenever I try to delete the folder it Windows 11 responds with "Could Not Find C:\Users\<username>\<foldername>". I've tried going into Admin mode on terminal and get the same response...
  6. Command Prompt Didn't Delete Video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Didn't Delete Video: Omnya Bafarat's HP Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-didnt-delete-video/4ddd0cfb-7dc3-4444-8994-b9b10156bc9c
  7. Deleting Fonts with Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Fonts with Command Prompt: Hi. I am just wondering if there is a command or commands you can input into Command Prompt to delete/get rid of fonts. If anyone has any answers, I would like to know!...
  8. How grant folder from command prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How grant folder from command prompt: Hi I need to redirect Windows logs folder by mklink command but before creating a link the source folder must be deleted and when I using rmdir command, it reports access denied. To solving this problem I have to change folders permission manually. But I need a command to...
  9. Need help using Command Prompt to delete files & folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help using Command Prompt to delete files & folders.: This is the name of the folder I am trying to delete: I:\WD Backup.swstor DONT USE\Gary Smetana\N2M3NzM4ZTM3ZGZlNDE1OD\Volume{83749cc6-0000-0000-0000-501f00000000}\Users\Gary Smetana\Desktop\Favorites\Higgs Boson and GeV as mass I put that address into the following...
  10. Command Prompt to delete to recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt to delete to recycle bin: I've recently made some bat scripts to do some stuff with zip files, extract and sort/rename etc blah blah blah not important. As part of the cleanup I have it delete the zip file once its extracted however something went wrong the other day and it turns out "del file.zip"...