Windows 10: Deleted folder keeps reappearing when I open a program

Discus and support Deleted folder keeps reappearing when I open a program in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded a zip-file earlier this week and extracted the contents into a folder (I'll just call this Folder A). I used the .exe program in it and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mayzhin, Nov 5, 2018.

1. mayzhin Win User

Deleted folder keeps reappearing when I open a program

I downloaded a zip-file earlier this week and extracted the contents into a folder (I'll just call this Folder A). I used the .exe program in it and I deleted the program after I was done using it. This morning I needed to use program so I re-downloaded the same program from the same website and everything seemed fine (I'll call the new folder Folder B). I extracted the contents into a folder just like Folder A. But when I open and run the .exe in Folder B, the deleted folder, Folder A, suddenly appears onto my desktop. Then, a pop-up appears saying that the .exe contains errors or cannot be opened. I tried to delete Folder A, which I did, but the problem still happens. The .exe in Folder B doesn't run and Folder A appears onto my desktop again. I tried to fix this the whole day from changing Folder A's properties and using cmd commands to delete Folder A.

Other possibly helpful information:

Folder A contains nothing but empty folders. There is no .exe in it. Just empty folders.

Both Folder A & B contain the same contents. They both have the exact same folder names, but Folder B has the .exe, whereas Folder A does not. The folders in Folder B actually contain items that are needed to run the .exe. Like I said before, Folder A has empty folders in it and no .exe.

So, any thoughts? What's going on here? A big thanks in advance.

:)

mayzhin, Nov 5, 2018

2. Reappearing files I deleted

Hi Aleander,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the folder and check if it's reappear.

• Open the Command prompt with admin (Windows +x and select Command prompt).

• In the command prompt, type the command below and press enter.

NOTE: Substitute
        Full Path of Folder within quotes below with your folder's full path within quotes instead.

RD /S /Q "Full Path of Folder".

• The folder should now be deleted.

• Close the command prompt.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue and check if it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 5, 2018
  3. CNSZU Win User
    Folders keep reappearing

The script "64-bit_Remove_All_user_Folders_in_This_PC.reg" has a major bug. The linked folders keep reappearing under This PC. This is what happens:

1. Quick Access and This PC both contain the Documents folder
    2. The "64-bit_Remove_All_user_Folders_in_This_PC.reg" script is applied
    3. The linked folders disappear from This PC. Everything is fine.
    4. I click the Documents folder under Quick Access, then double click a documents sub folder on the right panel.
    5. The Documents folder reappears under This PC.

The idea of my setup is to have all common folders pinned under Quick Access, and none under This PC to avoid any duplicates. Is there any way to fix this?

CNSZU, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Deleted folder keeps reappearing when I open a program

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleted folder keeps reappearing when I open a program :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleted folder keeps reappearing when I open a program :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Deleted folder keeps reappearing when I open a program

1. Deleted folder keeps reappearing when I open a program - Similar Threads - Deleted folder keeps

2. _avast_ folder keeps reappearing in Windows\temp folder after deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    _avast_ folder keeps reappearing in Windows\temp folder after deletion: Many years ago I had the free AVAST anti-virus software but I removed it and went back to Windows Defender. I use the latest version of Windows 10 as my PC is not upgradable to Windows 11. In the past have downloaded free software like CC Cleaner which came with Avast which I...
  3. Deleted folder reappears automatically.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted folder reappears automatically.: Hi, One particular folder which is on my external hard disk reappears itself after I delete it. I even emptied the recycle bin, but the folder appears again. This happens to only that particular folder. I have deleted other files and folders but none of them reappear.Thank...
  4. Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!: I've installed MS Flight Simulator 2020 on a separate SSD (Z:) which I managed to configure correctly on the second attempt. For some reason there is an empty Program Files folder containing an empty ModifiableWindowsApps folder. I deleted the Program Files folder by taking...
  5. Deleted folder reappears on restart

Deleted folder reappears on restart: I have shift-deleted my Users folder on Drive D:. However, it reappears when I restart Windows 10. I am using the Users folder on my C: drive. I know it's gone. When I restart the folder isn't there but it does show up a minute or so later with the current date and time....
  6. Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!

Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!: I deleted a folder in File Manager which then reappeared. Then I tried again; it reappeared. Then, based on advice online, I selected Shift-Delete to permanently delete it. It looked like it was gone for awhile, then reappeared a week or so later! There is nothing in this...
  7. Deleted Folder Reappears when Photos or Visual Studio is opened

Deleted Folder Reappears when Photos or Visual Studio is opened: I had two folders created on my desktop a while ago named "Pic Backup" and "VS Themes". Every time I open the photos app, the Pic Backup folder reappears, with two subfolders and a desktop.ini file in the innermost one, and the VS Themes folder appears every time I open...
  8. I have a deleted user folder that keeps reappearing.

I have a deleted user folder that keeps reappearing.: I have previously deleted a user completely from my PC. I then deleted the user folder for this user and the folder keeps coming back to its original position. I have followed directions to change permissions to "everyone". Not sure this solution will work. It seems to...
  9. Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!

Can't delete folder; it keeps reappearing!: I deleted a folder in File Manager which then reappeared. Then I tried again; it reappeared. Then, based on advice online, I selected Shift-Delete to permanently delete it. It looked like it was gone for awhile, then reappeared a week or so later! There is nothing in this...
  10. Suddenly reappear a deleted folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Suddenly reappear a deleted folder: Before one month, I just create a temporary folder to my desktop. I wanted to organise some files from a USB stick and after to moved it to my well-organized documents folder. When I finished this, I delete the desktop folder. After this moment, mainly after a reboot the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 tiles keep reappearing