Windows 10: Deleted Folder Not Disappearing

Discus and support Deleted Folder Not Disappearing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Somehow I ended up accidentally creating two different folders that had the exact same name on my desktop. Normally it should have just overwritten... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by C=, Mar 29, 2021.

1. C=
    C= Win User

Deleted Folder Not Disappearing

Somehow I ended up accidentally creating two different folders that had the exact same name on my desktop. Normally it should have just overwritten what was in the original folder or asked me to change one of the folder's names but instead it created a second folder, with the exact same name, in the same place.

When I tried to delete the two folders, it gave me an error message saying that the folder is no longer there but only one of the two folders disappeared.

Now, the remaining folder cannot be deleted, if I try to delete it, my system says the folder is no longer in that location. Basically it is saying that the folder has already been deleted. I can save and delete stuff inside this folder, but I can't remove the folder itself.

I tried holding down shift and clicking delete on the folder but that did not work either. Also, I have restarted my system to see if it would go away but its still there.

Is there any way to get this folder off of my desktop or am I stuck with an undeletable folder?

:)

2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Deleted Folder Not Disappearing upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleted Folder Not Disappearing :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleted Folder Not Disappearing :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 29, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Deleted Folder Not Disappearing - Similar Threads - Deleted Folder Disappearing

2. Disappearing folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disappearing folders: I have just noticed that all my folders from the D Drive have disappeared - Windows 10. I've done a search on the D and C drives to no avail. I've looked at the Hidden Folders tick option but this hasn't made any difference. Can anyone help, please. I need any responses to be...
  3. Disappearing folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disappearing folders: I have just noticed that all my folders from the D Drive have disappeared - Windows 10. I've done a search on the D and C drives to no avail. I've looked at the Hidden Folders tick option but this hasn't made any difference. Can anyone help, please. I need any responses to be...
  4. Disappearing folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disappearing folders

Disappearing folders: My works files in windows 10 disappeared in my Toshiba laptop. I have searched other folders. no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disappearing-folders/77cd9404-d78c-4c64-b5c1-85cd958cb398
  6. Disappearing Folder

Disappearing Folder: Has anyone double clicked on a folder and have the folder and its contents disappear from the computer - did not go to recycle bin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disappearing-folder/1886209e-a577-4cfc-8831-540e43bb93ae"
  7. Folder disappeared

Folder disappeared: A folder I was working on suddenly disappeared. Please help how I would prevent this from happening, and how I recover it. Before it's asked, as I have seen many Microsoft personnel ask in response to this exact question, the file is not hidden. It has disappeared. I cannot...
  8. Folder disappeared - didn't delete and can't find in search

Folder disappeared - didn't delete and can't find in search: I don't know exactly what happened, but it seems one of my folders has disappeared from my hard drive. I had it in a folder called 'unfinished', I went to move two other folders from that folder to another with no issues, but when I went back to the 'unfinished' folder,...
  9. Windows 10 mail deleted items folder disappearing

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail deleted items folder disappearing: I have to keep adding the Deleted Items folder to Favourites in Windows 10 mail program All the other folders I created stay there But every time I open Windows 10 Mail the Deleted Items folder has gone (In both accounts have in there) 105718
  10. Folders Disappeared without Me Deleting Them -- WTF !!?!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders Disappeared without Me Deleting Them -- WTF !!?!!: A few very important folders have disppreared from my computer without me EVER deleting them. They were on my desktop forever until I noticed recently they're not there anymore. Why the f*** is this happening?? How can I get them back?? 101865