Windows 10: Deleted folder still appearing in File Explorer of Windows 10

Discus and support Deleted folder still appearing in File Explorer of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded a file that created a folder in File Explorer. I extracted the files in it that I needed. I then deleted the folder. When I opened the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TomBlanco, Oct 3, 2018.

1. TomBlanco Win User

Deleted folder still appearing in File Explorer of Windows 10

I downloaded a file that created a folder in File Explorer. I extracted the files in it that I needed. I then deleted the folder. When I opened the File Explorer again, the folder still appeared. When I deleted it File Explorer indicated that the folder no longer exists. I search for the folder in the 'This PC' directory and it is non-existent.

How do I delete the folder?? I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks

:)

TomBlanco, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Tintai Win User
    I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Deleted folder still appearing in File Explorer of Windows 10 ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleted folder still appearing in File Explorer of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Deleted folder still

2. Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting: I have checked Environment Variables. Both "TEMP" and "TMP" are set to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.Any advice? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tmp-files-appearing-in-folders-and-not-deleting/87e480be-1879-4f00-b1a6-1f43ab0db03c
  3. Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting: I have checked Environment Variables. Both "TEMP" and "TMP" are set to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.Any advice? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tmp-files-appearing-in-folders-and-not-deleting/87e480be-1879-4f00-b1a6-1f43ab0db03c
  4. Program folders not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program folders not appearing in File Explorer: I have a few program files that aren’t visible in the File Explorer app, but are visible through a 3rd party app WinDirStat.I have already checked all the “view” settings and set everything to be visible, including hidden files, and program-essential files. The ones I’m...
  5. Program folders not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program folders not appearing in File Explorer: I have a few program files that aren’t visible in the File Explorer app, but are visible through a 3rd party app WinDirStat.I have already checked all the “view” settings and set everything to be visible, including hidden files, and program-essential files. The ones I’m...
  6. Program folders not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Deleted Files still appearing in Explorer Error 80004005

Deleted Files still appearing in Explorer Error 80004005: Hello, I recently moved a bunch of files to another drive but two subfolders of a folder couldn't be moved. It said Error 80004005 which is what I read some kind of a security reason..If I want to delete or open the subfolders or the main folder it says that the folder is no...
  8. Deleted Folder iCloud Photos Still Showing In File Explorer After Being Deleted

Deleted Folder iCloud Photos Still Showing In File Explorer After Being Deleted: Hello. I have been bothered for the past 2 hours about something that happened after uninstalling the iCloud app from the Microsoft Store. When you first open up the iCloud app, it adds 2 folders to OneDrive, iCloud Drive and iCloud Photos. I uninstalled the iCloud app today,...
  9. Skydrive Still Appears in Windows Explorer

Skydrive Still Appears in Windows Explorer: Skydrive continues to appear in Windows Explorer, although if I left click on it I get a "Location is not available" error message. If I click on properties it shows as a system folder but its size is zero kbs. OneDrive does appear under my user section of WE. Is there a...
  10. Deleted Folders still Appear?

Deleted Folders still Appear?: Hello, When working with files and folders, I often need to cut/copy/paste both files and folders. When I move something it remains where I moved it from. Even if I collapse the folder above the folder/file in question then expand it again it is still there. I have to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deleted files still appearing in windows 10

2. folders in windows 10 that no longer exists still appearing in file folder

3. after deleting an explorer it still appears

4. how to delete folder still showing in file explorer,
  5. windows explorer still shows deleted files,
  6. deleted folder not removed from explorer window,
  7. windows delete files still appearing,
  8. windows 10 deleting files still showing in file explorer,
  9. folder shown in file explorer no longer exists,
  10. deleted folder still appears in nav in file explorer,
  11. why does my deleted content keep on file explorer,