Windows 10: deleted folder won't leave my desktop

Discus and support deleted folder won't leave my desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been trying to fix this for a while, but I've had no luck. I had a file folder on my desktop that I didn't need anymore, so I deleted it. It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dragonmaster113, May 12, 2019.

1. deleted folder won't leave my desktop

I've been trying to fix this for a while, but I've had no luck. I had a file folder on my desktop that I didn't need anymore, so I deleted it. It was fine until I restarted my pc. Now the folder is back, and trying to delete it doesn't work because it says it is not there. Holding it and dragging it to the recycle bin does nothing. I've looked up other posts, including the command prompt (admin) to delete it, but it says it's in error. What are my options?

:)

dragonmaster113, May 12, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused deleted folder won't leave my desktop :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well deleted folder won't leave my desktop :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 12, 2019
  3. AFTommy Win User
    Folder won"t go away

I have a no longer used folder than I cannot delete. I have tried various third party apps to no avain. Any ideas how I can send this folder to "Never Never Land"

deleted folder won't leave my desktop [​IMG]

AFTommy, May 12, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

deleted folder won't leave my desktop

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 12, 2019
Thema:

deleted folder won't leave my desktop

1. deleted folder won't leave my desktop - Similar Threads - deleted folder won't

2. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Won't Delete From Desktop: I have a folder on my desktop called 580Aux. Within that folder is another folder called Aux. Whenever I try to delete the top-level folder from the desktop, I get an error message stating that the folder can't be found. I opened the command prompt and tried to delete 580Aux...
  3. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Won't Delete From Desktop: I have a folder on my desktop called 580Aux. Within that folder is another folder called Aux. Whenever I try to delete the top-level folder from the desktop, I get an error message stating that the folder can't be found. I opened the command prompt and tried to delete 580Aux...
  4. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to delete folders on my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete folders on my desktop: Hi -I have 3 folders on my desktop and I have been unable to delete them. They were sync'ed to cloud. I deleted the folders in the cloud. But I have been unable to delete them in my local. I went through discussions and forum and tried below options. But none of them help.1....
  6. Unable to delete folders on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete folders on my desktop: Hi -I have 3 folders on my desktop and I have been unable to delete them. They were sync'ed to cloud. I deleted the folders in the cloud. But I have been unable to delete them in my local. I went through discussions and forum and tried below options. But none of them help.1....
  7. Unable to delete folders on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to delete a folder on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to delete a folder on my desktop: I have this folder on my desktop and I want to delete thatbut when I delete that I'm getting this error message why is this happening and what am I suppose to do?...
  9. Files deleted from desktop leave remnants.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files deleted from desktop leave remnants.: After the update to Windows 10 2004 - whenever I delete a file from the desktop - it comes back. Not as the original file, but as some token off the file. Sometimes the file comes back as soon and the screen sleeps, sometimes the next day. There appears to be some process...
  10. Folder won't be deleted.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder won't be deleted.: I want to delete a folder. When I right click, & delete, it says, "item not found, could not find this item, this item is no longer located in C:\Users\James\Documents. Verify the item's location and try again." Then, when I click try again, it comes up with the same thing....