Windows 10: Deleted Folder

Discus and support Deleted Folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I fell asleep while re installing my Microsoft windows and accidentally erased a very important file. I followed all the different instructions on how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlbaPerez3, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Deleted Folder

I fell asleep while re installing my Microsoft windows and accidentally erased a very important file. I followed all the different instructions on how to recover it and have not been able to recover it or restore it.

Can you help me recover it please, ASAP? Thank you in advance

:)

AlbaPerez3, Sep 16, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleted Folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleted Folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Sep 16, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Deleted Folder

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Deleted Folder

1. Deleted Folder - Similar Threads - Deleted Folder

2. How to delete windows.old folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete windows.old folder: My c drive has very less space left , so i tried to delete windows.old folder but was unsuccessful . then i tried to delete windows.old using disk clean up but the option of cleaning windows.old is not coming up. any other way to delete the folder ???...
  3. Cant Delete Windows apps folder. Taking up 120GB

Cant Delete Windows apps folder. Taking up 120GB: I have a folder called 'Windows apps' and its taking up alot of space. Inside the folder are 2 folders called 'MSIXVC' which is 60GB and 'Microsoft.HalifaxBaseGame_1.1.50.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe' which is 66Gb. Ive done some investigating and it has something to do with the...
  4. Cant Delete Folder - windows apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Delete Folder - windows apps: I have a folder called 'Windows apps' and its taking up alot of space. Inside the folder are 2 folders called 'MSIXVC' which is 60GB and 'Microsoft.HalifaxBaseGame_1.1.50.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe' which is 66Gb. Ive done some investigating and it has something to do with the...
  5. Desktop Folder in onedrive - can I delete?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Folder in onedrive - can I delete?: I have a "Desktop" folder in my OneDrive folder and some others. I am on Windows 10. It doesn't indicate it is a shortcut but when I open it is the same as my actual desktop folder/desktop. I need to remove it from my OneDrive etc - is it safe to just delete it? Thanks...
  6. Unable to delete folders, see pic

Unable to delete folders, see pic: I’m using Windows 10 with 1903. I’m unable to delete some folders aka directories. See the pic below. I tried various command line commands but they didn’t work. Like ‘’ C:path>rmdir /q /s foldername ‘’ didn’t work. How can I delete these two directories? The folder does not...
  7. Unable to delete folder, see pic

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete folder, see pic: I’m using Windows 10 with 1903. I’m unable to delete some folders aka directories. See the pic below. I tried various command line commands but they didn’t work. Like ‘’ Code: C:path>rmdir /q /s foldername ‘’ didn’t work. How can I delete these two directories? The folders...
  8. Windows Hello Pin won't allow setup - Tried Ngc folder contents deletion

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Pin won't allow setup - Tried Ngc folder contents deletion: At some point I stopped being able to log in with my PIN or fingerprint reader. Since logging on with my password and trying to reset the PIN I have not been able to use Windows Hello. Trying to add a new PIN leads to the eventual message of "Something went wrong. We...
  9. I am unable to delete the Gears5 installed folders and files

I am unable to delete the Gears5 installed folders and files: Recently Gears5 game started crashing and any number of attempts to fix it didnt work. I tried uninstalling using Microsoft Store, it doesnt delete the files and hence when I try installing again it doesnt reinstall and takes less than a minute to complete the installation...
  10. Downloads Folder Deleted

Downloads Folder Deleted: Hello All I recently upgrade my laptop from a HDD to a SSD M2 Samsung 970 Pro. I did a system clone from my HDD to my SSD with no problems and changed my SSD to the primary boot which of course made that my C drive, and the i still have the HDD installed as my data drive....