Windows 10: Deleted Folder

Discus and support Deleted Folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I fell asleep while re installing my Microsoft windows and accidentally erased a very important file. I followed all the different instructions on how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlbaPerez3, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Deleted Folder

I fell asleep while re installing my Microsoft windows and accidentally erased a very important file. I followed all the different instructions on how to recover it and have not been able to recover it or restore it.

Can you help me recover it please, ASAP? Thank you in advance

:)

AlbaPerez3, Sep 16, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleted Folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleted Folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Sep 16, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Deleted Folder

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Deleted Folder

1. Deleted Folder - Similar Threads - Deleted Folder

2. Can I delete the esd folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I delete the esd folder: so there is an near 5 gb folder called the Esd its directory is C:\ESD\Windows and it just basically looks like an windows installation folder and i could really use that 5 gb so can i delete it? and im not using windows insider etc etc...
  3. How to DELETE completly the automatic MUSIC folder type in Explorer windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to DELETE completly the automatic MUSIC folder type in Explorer windows 11: I want to completely remove the "Music" Folder type in Explorer. Totally.It feels like this model is giving me nightmares since windows exist and in its different versions. :- I display folders depending on its content and customise them to my needs. Fplder properties >...
  4. Can I delete the esd folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete the esd folder: so there is an near 5 gb folder called the Esd its directory is C:\ESD\Windows and it just basically looks like an windows installation folder and i could really use that 5 gb so can i delete it? and im not using windows insider etc etc...
  5. How to DELETE completly the automatic MUSIC folder type in Explorer windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to DELETE completly the automatic MUSIC folder type in Explorer windows 11: I want to completely remove the "Music" Folder type in Explorer. Totally.It feels like this model is giving me nightmares since windows exist and in its different versions. :- I display folders depending on its content and customise them to my needs. Fplder properties >...
  6. Can I delete the esd folder

7. Can I delete Windows 11 folders under "This PC"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete Windows 11 folders under "This PC"?: I need storage for an emulator and I don't know if it is safe. I want to delete all of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-windows-11-folders-under-this-pc/bb9e0100-3784-4df7-8b7a-93a6ead9c921
  8. Can I delete Windows 11 folders under "This PC"?

Can I delete Windows 11 folders under "This PC"?: I need storage for an emulator and I don't know if it is safe. I want to delete all of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-windows-11-folders-under-this-pc/bb9e0100-3784-4df7-8b7a-93a6ead9c921
  9. How do you fix when you can't delete, move or rename files and folders in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you fix when you can't delete, move or rename files and folders in windows 10?: Windows 10Intel Core i5 3.30GHz4GB ram64-bit operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-fix-when-you-cant-delete-move-or-rename/d7089418-dc61-4cf1-969e-64ad662340c9
  10. How do you fix when you can't delete, move or rename files and folders in windows 10?

How do you fix when you can't delete, move or rename files and folders in windows 10?: Windows 10Intel Core i5 3.30GHz4GB ram64-bit operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-fix-when-you-cant-delete-move-or-rename/d7089418-dc61-4cf1-969e-64ad662340c9