Windows 10: Deleted game taking up space in Apps and Features

Discus and support Deleted game taking up space in Apps and Features in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I was given a computer by a friend that had Star Wars: The Old Republic on it. I don't play that game, so I uninstalled it by deleting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by rh.55, Dec 31, 2021.

1. rh.55 Win User

Deleted game taking up space in Apps and Features

Hello,I was given a computer by a friend that had Star Wars: The Old Republic on it. I don't play that game, so I uninstalled it by deleting the Electronic Arts folder in OS C: > Program Files x86. No more files from the game exist on the computer to my knowledge.However, Apps and Features still lists the game as taking up 19 GB of space. I don't have a lot of space in general, so this is substantial.When I try and uninstall through Apps and Features, I get the error "Windows cannot find 'c:\program files x86\electronic arts\bioware\star wars - the old republic\BitRaider\bin\brwc.exe'. Ma

:)

rh.55, Dec 31, 2021

2. Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space

Hi Microsoft Community,

I have a Surface Laptop that has 120 GB of disk space, and of late notice that Apps & Features has taken up about 100GB of my disk space. When referring to it through Systems/Storage - it shows that App & Features has taken up 100GB, but in referring to
    the list of apps listed, there's at most 30GB. What's puzzling is there about 70GB that I am not able to find which app is taking up all that disk space. Have done all the disk/system cleanup and the space wouldn't clear.

Appreciate any advise. Thanks

limsingapore, Dec 31, 2021
  3. Apps and games file taking up too much space.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as Apps & feature has taken the maximum space in the Storage drive.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • Since when are you observing this storage issue?

Please help us with the screenshot of the window after you click on
    Apps & feature under Storage settings, to understand which app is consuming more disk space. (Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot posted
    by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform the disk optimization on the PC. Please refer the steps as suggested in this article:

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Also perform a full Scan of your System

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Go to Update and Security.
    3. Switch to the ‘Windows Security’ tab.
    4. Click on ‘Virus and threat protection’.
    5. Hit Scan options and select the ‘Full Scan’ box.
    6. Run the scan.

Also refer the suggestions as mentioned in this article: Free up drive space in Windows 10

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 31, 2021
  4. Deleted game taking up space in Apps and Features

System and Reserved Files are taking too much space. 350GB

Hi,

Here are several methods that you can perform to free up your hard drive space in Windows 10:

Method 1. Delete junk files using Storage sense:

• Open Settings
    • Select System and choose Storage.
    • Under Storage sense, click on the Change how we free up space link.
    • Under Temporary files, check the files that you want to delete including
      Delete temporary files that my apps aren't using, Delete files that have been in the recycle bin for over 30 days, &
      Delete files in the Downloads folder that haven't changed in 30 days.
    • Under Free up space now, you can also select the option to delete the previous installation of Windows 10.
      Note: this option is only available during the first ten days after installing a new feature update.
    After completing these steps, click on the Clean now button to free up the space.

Method 2. Uninstall apps and games you don't use:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    • Select the app or game and uninstall it.
    • Click the Uninstall button again to confirm
    • Repeat the process if you need to uninstall additional apps or games.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Dec 31, 2021
Thema:

Deleted game taking up space in Apps and Features

1. Deleted game taking up space in Apps and Features - Similar Threads - Deleted game taking

2. Games got deleted unknowingly and are taking space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games got deleted unknowingly and are taking space: Few days back some of my games got deleted from the Xbox app and I did not deleted those games but the problem is that all the games that were deleted are taking huge space in my pc more than 700 gbs and I saw that using tree size . Please help me so that I can delete these...
  3. Deleted game taking up space in Apps and Features

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted game taking up space in Apps and Features: Hello,I was given a computer by a friend that had Star Wars: The Old Republic on it. I don't play that game, so I uninstalled it by deleting the Electronic Arts folder in OS C: > Program Files x86. No more files from the game exist on the computer to my knowledge.However,...
  4. Deleted game taking up space in Apps and Features

Deleted game taking up space in Apps and Features: Hello,I was given a computer by a friend that had Star Wars: The Old Republic on it. I don't play that game, so I uninstalled it by deleting the Electronic Arts folder in OS C: > Program Files x86. No more files from the game exist on the computer to my knowledge.However,...
  5. STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.

STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.: My Apps & Features is taking up 150gb of storage; the total apps I have don't come anywhere near even 5gb.Where is the rest of this coming from? I am trying to backup my phone to my iTunes and I cannot do so because my local disk is full. I have checked pictures/videos, maps,...
  6. Game still taking up 50GB+ of space after deleting

Game still taking up 50GB+ of space after deleting: I started installing Sea of Thieves to my new laptop a few days ago, only to find that a massive 100GB of disk space has been taken for a game which lists only 50GB or slightly over, as required for install. The laptop is for work, however, I fancied testing out the game as...
  7. Low on space, Apps and features take too much space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low on space, Apps and features take too much space: My computer has a limited amount of space (100GB) and I really wanted to clean its storage. I uninstalled a lot of programs, made sure to check leftover files, kept only 15GB of games and OnDrive. Still, Apps and Features take 33 GBs of storage. I had managed to remove...
  8. Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space

Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space: Hi Microsoft Community, I have a Surface Laptop that has 120 GB of disk space, and of late notice that Apps & Features has taken up about 100GB of my disk space. When referring to it through Systems/Storage - it shows that App & Features has taken up 100GB, but in...
  9. Apps and games file taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps and games file taking up too much space.: I have a computer that is only a few months old with only 3-4 games downloaded on it. Yet over the past few weeks my games and apps storage area has grown to ridiculous proportions and I cannot figure out what's causing it. I record certain sessions but move those to a hard...
  10. Unable to delete apps that are taking up space.

Unable to delete apps that are taking up space.: Please can someone help? I downloaded some apps onto an SD card but they wouldn't work. So I removed the SD card. Now these apps are taking up room on my tablet which I need. I have tried to remove them but get error code:0x8000000e. I have also tried resetting them but...