Windows 10: Deleted images still showing up when using the Microsoft Photos app!

Discus and support Deleted images still showing up when using the Microsoft Photos app! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi forum, I want to switch to Microsoft Photos app (from "Windows Photo Viewer") but I have two problem(s) with Photos app: 1- When I am browsing my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by atinfo, Mar 22, 2020.

1. atinfo Win User

Deleted images still showing up when using the Microsoft Photos app!

Hi forum,

I want to switch to Microsoft Photos app (from "Windows Photo Viewer") but I have two problem(s) with Photos app:

1- When I am browsing my photos (from a folder contains just image file types like JPG, PNG, ...) and delete one of them in Photos app, after deleting it appears again in Photos app! But when I check the folder there is not the deleted photo! (My Win account is local and have no online account connected to my Win 10, OneDrive or any online storage app is not installed on my system and I have turned off all Photos app options like "Hardware-accelerated..." or "Show my cloud-only...").

2- Is there a trick to force Photos app shows image file types (JPG, PNG, TIF, BMP...) on image file icons (in icon view mode). Photos app uses general icon for those all various image file types.

Win version: 10 Enterprise x64 (1909 Build 18363.5592)
    Photos App version: 2020.19081.28230.0

PS: I read somewhere on the web Photos app uses a SQL database every time opens an image file and stores locally meta data there, because of this method it's too slow on startup. Is there any "Registry" or "Group Policy" option to disable it?

:)

atinfo, Mar 22, 2020

2. Deleting Random image files from Photos App, Windows 10

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for writing tom Microsoft Community Forums.

Photos app in Windows 10 gathers photos from your PC, phone, OneDrive and other devices, and puts them in one place, where you can more easily find what you’re looking for. Please refer

See all your photos
    for more details.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and try deleting the source folder of the image file from the Photos App.

1. Open Photos App.
    2. Click on the image you want delete to full view.
    3. Right click on the image in full view and select
      File info.
    4. Check and make a note of Folder Path of the image file.
    5. Then go back by clicking on back arrow at the top left corner.
    6. Click on Ellipsis icon at top right corner and choose
      Settings.
    7. Click on X button on noted folder path in the list of folder paths under
      Here is the list of what we have found so far and check.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Deleting photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app or other app?

If you are referring to Photo app, follow the below steps and check.

[*]1. In the Photos app, go to the folder with the files you want to delete.
    [*]2. Do one of the following:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos and videos, swipe down on or right-click the files you want to delete. You can also tap or click
      Select all.
    • If you open a photo or video, swipe up from the bottom or right-click to see the app commands.

3. Tap or click
    Delete.

You can also delete photos using the Camera app, the OneDrive app, or File Explorer.

The above steps are the only way to delete the photos.

If you are referring to a different app or form different location, help us with more information.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Deleted images still showing up when using the Microsoft Photos app!

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Deleted images still showing up when using the Microsoft Photos app!

1. Deleted images still showing up when using the Microsoft Photos app! - Similar Threads - Deleted images still

2. Photo's app not showing local images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo's app not showing local images: Photos app will only show photos linked to icloud and I only want my device to access local photos taken with the camera and stored. Despite having pictures stored locally none are showing in the photos app. How do I change the settings to show the photo's and videos taken on...
  3. Photo's app not showing local images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo's app not showing local images: Photos app will only show photos linked to icloud and I only want my device to access local photos taken with the camera and stored. Despite having pictures stored locally none are showing in the photos app. How do I change the settings to show the photo's and videos taken on...
  4. Photo app does not show images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app does not show images: Im using photo app and seeing photos that I saved for the past years. It is all memorable for me not until I see only black images on my photo app. My saved photo are all black and cant see any images on each single one of them. I reset the app and still getting the same...
  5. Photo app does not show images

Photo app does not show images: Im using photo app and seeing photos that I saved for the past years. It is all memorable for me not until I see only black images on my photo app. My saved photo are all black and cant see any images on each single one of them. I reset the app and still getting the same...
  6. Photo app not showing images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app not showing images: I dont know what kind of issue is this but when I open photo app, the photos that saved is unable to open. It has black background and nothing more. Please help?...
  7. Photo app not showing images

Photo app not showing images: I dont know what kind of issue is this but when I open photo app, the photos that saved is unable to open. It has black background and nothing more. Please help?...
  8. Deleted Apps still show up on Search results when searched for.

in Cortana
    Deleted Apps still show up on Search results when searched for.: For example this app, I have uninstalled it already but the icon is still there when searched for. When i click on it nothing happens. I already have done thisBut I couldn't find it there.So yeah, is there any way to fix this?...
  9. Deleted Application still shows up in Apps & Feature

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Application still shows up in Apps & Feature: Hi Microsoft Community, When I was younger I tends to delete the application from the installation folder, rather than uninstalling it. Now that I run into issues where I still see the very old deleted apps still show up in the list of Apps & Feature with their respective...
  10. Windows 10 Explorer Deleted Photos still show up in Photo App viewer

Windows 10 Explorer Deleted Photos still show up in Photo App viewer: Uploaded vacation photos from camera to external hard drive. Open Windows Explorer to cull the bad ones, extraneous/duplicates. Did that and when I opened up Photo App to view reduced picture set - they are all showing - even the deleted ones. When looking at the list in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download photo 2020.19081.28230.0