Windows 10: Deleted Important File

Discus and support Deleted Important File in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I accessed an USB drive that had an important file that Win 10 home decided was a threat and appeared to delete it without warning. Is there any way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DennisJM, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Deleted Important File

I accessed an USB drive that had an important file that Win 10 home decided was a threat and appeared to delete it without warning. Is there any way to retrieve this file?

submitted by /u/DennisJM
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DennisJM, Aug 12, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Sep 10, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Deleted Important File

File explorer freezes and Movie maker will not import .avi files

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, I understand your concern and we will try to assist you in the best way we can.

With respect to the issue related to File Explorer, I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it still freezes.

• Go to task manager. (To open press ctrl+alt+delete)
    • Click on Details, select explorer.exe
      and click End Task.
    • Go to file, located on the top left corner of task manager and select
      Run New Task
    • Type explorer.exe and click on OK.

With respect to the issue with Movie Maker, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Did you receive the .avi file or is it locally stored in your system?

I would suggest that you try to import the file to another software similar to Movie Maker so that we can know if the issue is with the file or the program itself. Also try to import another .avi file and check if you get the same error message

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Deleted Important File

1. Deleted Important File - Similar Threads - Deleted Important File

2. Microsft Technician Deleted my Important files!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsft Technician Deleted my Important files!!: Hello, I contacted microsoft as i had a drive that was found in partition manager but could not access it. Once i got to customer support throught the "Get help" i explained that the data CANNOT be deleted, she wanted to connect to my pc to attempt to solve the issue at hand,...
  3. Microsft Technician Deleted my Important files!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsft Technician Deleted my Important files!!: Hello, I contacted microsoft as i had a drive that was found in partition manager but could not access it. Once i got to customer support throught the "Get help" i explained that the data CANNOT be deleted, she wanted to connect to my pc to attempt to solve the issue at hand,...
  4. Microsft Technician Deleted my Important files!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Update Possibly Deleting Important Files for Programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Possibly Deleting Important Files for Programs: Recently my PC updated when I shut it down, and afterwards it said "cleaning your PC" and presumably deleted junk files. This did not seem singificant, however in the following days various programs now had issues when starting up or had parts of the program not working. For...
  6. Windows Update Possibly Deleting Important Files for Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Possibly Deleting Important Files for Programs: Recently my PC updated when I shut it down, and afterwards it said "cleaning your PC" and presumably deleted junk files. This did not seem singificant, however in the following days various programs now had issues when starting up or had parts of the program not working. For...
  7. New updates deletes some of my important files

New updates deletes some of my important files: Hello i updated my pc about a while ago then it deleted everything but when i restarted it was actually a glitch but it deleted my important screenshots,downloads,videos, idk why but how did this happens? is there any fix?...
  8. deleted important files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    deleted important files: I accidentally deleted the whole AppData folder and now the whole system is slow and the display drivers are missing. Should I format the windows? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-important-files/5e1a25db-d57f-451a-af5b-10d579087a92
  9. Deleted some Important windows files in system32 folder.

Deleted some Important windows files in system32 folder.: I messed up with some files in windows32 and now I'm not able to use windows 10 properly, I can't even open images or videos, cant save more stuff. I tried factory reset, but it says *No changes were made*....
  10. Photo Import no longer deletes files from Card.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Import no longer deletes files from Card.: I noticed that the Photo Importer no longer allows to delete files from and SD card from my Camera. Is there a 3rd party alternative that anyone is using and can recommend? 156620