Windows 10: Deleted inbuilt webcam driver, need to reinstall

Discus and support Deleted inbuilt webcam driver, need to reinstall in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My device is hp laptop Windows 11. I deleted the inbuilt webcam driver by mistake and now the webcam won't work.The camera driver is missing from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Srijan Ravi, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Deleted inbuilt webcam driver, need to reinstall

My device is hp laptop Windows 11. I deleted the inbuilt webcam driver by mistake and now the webcam won't work.The camera driver is missing from device manager so I can't reinstall driver from there.I have already tried: aTroubleshootingbTried"scan for hardware changes"cTried "Add legacy hardware"dDriver is not in the'imaging devices'.eTried resetting camera app.fRestarted the device 3-4 times.gI tried downloading driver from official hp site but i dont know which driver to download and howThank you.

:)

Srijan Ravi, Sep 25, 2022
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Reinstall webcam driver

Hi Vicki,

Are you having trouble reinstalling the webcam driver? If so, here's how you can update drivers in Windows 10:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.

• Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
      Update Driver.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

• If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.
    • If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
      Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

I'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Webcam Driver Update is Automatically Deleted

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve your issue.

I would suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to rectify the issue.

Step 1:

Un-install/remove all the previous webcam driver software that are located in your PC.

Step 2: Go to Device Manager and follow the procedure below.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, double click and expand Webcam
    • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 driver for your computer and check.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 25, 2022
  4. Deleted inbuilt webcam driver, need to reinstall

Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

Deleted inbuilt webcam driver, need to reinstall

1. Deleted inbuilt webcam driver, need to reinstall - Similar Threads - Deleted inbuilt webcam

2. Reinstall Deleted webcam driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Deleted webcam driver.: Please help, my webcam is not working. And no driver is showing from device manager. I'm using Acer Swift Sf314-41. I tried troubleshooting, scan for hardware devices, add legacy driver, resetting camera and restart device...
  3. Reinstall Deleted webcam driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Deleted webcam driver.: Please help, my webcam is not working. And no driver is showing from device manager. I'm using Acer Swift Sf314-41. I tried troubleshooting, scan for hardware devices, add legacy driver, resetting camera and restart device...
  4. Deleted inbuilt webcam driver, need to reinstall

Deleted inbuilt webcam driver, need to reinstall: My device is hp laptop Windows 11. I deleted the inbuilt webcam driver by mistake and now the webcam won't work.The camera driver is missing from device manager so I can't reinstall driver from there.I have already tried: aTroubleshootingbTried"scan for hardware...
  5. Deleted webcam driver, need to reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted webcam driver, need to reinstall: My device is hp laptop Windows 11. I deleted the inbuilt webcam driver by mistake and now the webcam won't work.The camera driver is missing from device manager so I can't reinstall driver from there. I have already tried: aTroubleshootingbTried"scan for hardware...
  6. Deleted webcam driver, need to reinstall

Deleted webcam driver, need to reinstall: My device is hp laptop Windows 11. I deleted the inbuilt webcam driver by mistake and now the webcam won't work.The camera driver is missing from device manager so I can't reinstall driver from there. I have already tried: aTroubleshootingbTried"scan for hardware...
  7. Webcam not detected, driver won't reinstall

Webcam not detected, driver won't reinstall: I have an inbuilt webcam on an ASUS ZenBook UX431F and I got this message when trying to open my camera app: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>I tried turning off my firewall. I checked the drivers - the camera driver was hidden, and the device status told me the device was not...
  8. Inbuilt Webcam not working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Inbuilt Webcam not working Windows 10: I have a new Dell laptop - Inspiron 7580, and tried to used the inbuilt webcam at the start of corona lockdown, but it doesn't work. I have given all applications permission to access the camera but still it won't work, and an error code is generated. Whilst trying to sort...
  9. Inbuilt webcam not working windows 10

Inbuilt webcam not working windows 10: Hi Webcam in my Toshiba P855 S5200 model laptop not working after upgrading to Windows 10. Need to know the correct procedure to install the drivers and the source from where I can get the correct drivers. Thank you in advance for you help. Lavakumar...
  10. Accidental Webcam Driver Deletion

Accidental Webcam Driver Deletion: Hello everyone. I got a new Logitech webcam for my Gaming PC but it had a built in mic. I wanted to remove it but didn't know how. I went into Devices and Printers and deleted the device from the audio section, thinking it'd only delete the audio-input part of the cam, but...