Windows 10: Deleted Keyboard Layout in Registry

Discus and support Deleted Keyboard Layout in Registry in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I was having some issues with my keyboard Corsair K100 Window key not working. I spent hours on google trying to figure out what was wrong. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HeatherG585, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Deleted Keyboard Layout in Registry

Hello, I was having some issues with my keyboard Corsair K100 Window key not working. I spent hours on google trying to figure out what was wrong. When I pressed the Windows key to open the start menu it wouldn't function. I followed all of the steps that I found online and nothing worked. Finally I came across an obscure article about deleting your Keyboard Layouts in Regedit. I did it...... funny enough the window key now works, but when I open the start menu or any system menu attached to Microsoft on my PC I cannot type or input anything into the search feature. Typing in applicati

:)

HeatherG585, Jul 28, 2021
  2. Tenforo Active Member

Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

Tenforo, Jul 28, 2021
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    keyboard layout bug?

I have the same issue here. I have done all the steps above and after a reboot the keyboard layouts are installed by windows automatically. This 99,99% a bug and needs a solution.

There are 2 new workarounds that I justfound that I will try:

1. To fix this issue, delete the Preload registry folder and restart (or sign out) the computer:

This folder seems to be some legacy remnant that contains non-user-specified keyboard layouts to be added to the list of languages when the user signs in. While the fix itself works through restarts, there's a few things that seem to bring back this folder:

• Remote desktop to a computer with US layout
    • Win 10 Anniversary update
    • Logging with Microsoft account on another PC that still has this issue
    Whenever the problem comes back, that registry folder needs to be deleted again.

Edit: I have created a RemovePreload.reg text file with the following content, this way this fix can easily be re-applied every time without navigating the registry:

To use this, save it in a text file and change the extension from .txt to
    .reg. Then whenever it comes back, you can just double click it and restart or sign out.

2. Remove unneeded language files from Windows like KBDUS.DLL or others located at:

C:\Windows\System32

Tenforo, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Deleted Keyboard Layout in Registry

Custom keyboard layout uninstall/duplicating problem

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

• Have you tried to remove the keyboard layouts from the registry settings?

If No, then try to remove the keyboard layout which you want to uninstall and then check if that works for you.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection,
    back up the registry
    before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Tenforo, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Deleted Keyboard Layout in Registry

1. Deleted Keyboard Layout in Registry - Similar Threads - Deleted Keyboard Layout

2. I deleted a Keyboard Layouts folder from the Registry Editor, is there a way to undo that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted a Keyboard Layouts folder from the Registry Editor, is there a way to undo that...: Great appreciate if someone can help me out. I deleted a folder called '00000409' I think is the folder that with the language text file where the data colume is US in the following location in Registry Editor: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Keyboard...
  3. I deleted a Keyboard Layouts folder from the Registry Editor, is there a way to undo that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted a Keyboard Layouts folder from the Registry Editor, is there a way to undo that...: Great appreciate if someone can help me out. I deleted a folder called '00000409' I think is the folder that with the language text file where the data colume is US in the following location in Registry Editor: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Keyboard...
  4. delete language from keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete language from keyboard layout: at the keyboard layout there is a uk language option that i cant remove. there is always there although at the keyboard settings there is not as an option.please help me...
  5. delete language from keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete language from keyboard layout: at the keyboard layout there is a uk language option that i cant remove. there is always there although at the keyboard settings there is not as an option.please help me...
  6. How to delete a keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete a keyboard layout?: Currently, I have 2 languages at my machine: english and russian. For each language I have one keyboard layout that I want to use, but no matter what I do I still have 2 layouts for each language which I just can't delete. It's so frustrating that I just can't comprehend it...
  7. I can't delete keyboard layouts!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't delete keyboard layouts!: Hello, I have a custom layout but I have a problem... My problem is that there are two keyboard layouts on windows that will not go away... I've tried everything (even the registry edit method) It's a pain because of my particular layout... See the images attached here......
  8. How to delete or remove keyboard layout?

How to delete or remove keyboard layout?: I wanna remove Bangla (India) keyboard layout from language preference, How to do that??[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-or-remove-keyboard-layout/677deeb0-50bd-43bf-b201-bc69e17b920c
  9. How to delete a keyboard layout in Windows 10

How to delete a keyboard layout in Windows 10: I installed Windows 10 on a physically German keyboard, then installed an English keyboard How do I remove the German keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-a-keyboard-layout-in-windows-10/221b3ebd-8bde-4649-a2e7-389d06f09f6f
  10. Can't delete the unneeded keyboard layout

Can't delete the unneeded keyboard layout: Hello, Please help me to delete the English (UK) keyboard layout, as I don't really need it. I have it in the layouts popup windows on taskbar, though in the settings there is no such layout! Therefore Windows think that there is nothing to delete. The screen shot is...