Windows 10: Deleted linux partition in dual boot

Discus and support Deleted linux partition in dual boot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AkshatAgarwal05, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?

:)

AkshatAgarwal05, Feb 16, 2023

2. Windows 10 Installer deletes linux partition

I have a Ubuntu and windows dual-boot and while upgrading to widows 10 during one of the restarts grub wouldn't boot a partition and went into recovery so I used a Ubuntu live CD and GParted informed
    me that my linux partition was missing. It was listed as un-allocated. This means that the Windows 10 installer deleted that partition. (The helpdesk told me to post it here)

dutchessssssss, Feb 16, 2023
  3. Dandel Win User
    How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Feb 16, 2023
  4. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

Dual booting Windows with Kali Linux

Hi!

I want to dual boot Windows 8.0 with Kali Linux. So, I created a partition for it. The partition says " Unallocated space". And that partition is unusable for Kali Linux. I want to convert that partition to " Free space" .Please tell how can I do that?

VaibhavMadan, Feb 16, 2023
Thema:

Deleted linux partition in dual boot

1. Deleted linux partition in dual boot - Similar Threads - Deleted linux partition

2. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  3. dual-boot Windows and Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dual-boot Windows and Linux: I have a new laptop with a 512 GB SSD. I want to secure-erase the SSD and install Windows and Linux in a dual-boot configuration. Doing the secure-erase is easy, as I can do it with a Linux LiveUSB. I already have a current Windows LiveUSB ready for installation. I did...
  4. Deleting partitions in windows 10 (from old linux dual boot)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleting partitions in windows 10 (from old linux dual boot): I had a linux dual boot on my laptop with Win10. In changing distros I have made a mess and want to start afresh first with just win10 and sorting out partitions. I'd like advice on what linux or redundant win10 partitions I can safely delete on my Lenovo Yoga 2 pro laptop....
  5. Deleting partitions in windows 10 (from old linux dual boot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting partitions in windows 10 (from old linux dual boot): I had a linux dual boot on my laptop with Win10. In changing distros I have made a mess and want to start afresh first with just win10 and sorting out partitions. I'd like advice on what linux or redundant win10 partitions I can safely delete on my Lenovo Yoga 2 pro laptop....
  6. Position and type of linux partition in dual boot with windows 10?

Position and type of linux partition in dual boot with windows 10?: Hi, I have a mbr partition style and use BIOS system. I shrank volume C:\ to make a new partition for linux. Linux partitions are detected as primary partition by windows and they're on the left side of windows's recover partition. Is it fine? Both windows and linux work...
  7. Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot: [ATTACH] Hi, I've recently uninstalled Linux from my system by just deleting the volume from Windows 10's disk management utility. I tried to delete the second EFI partition I created during the Linux installation [twice - once Kubuntu and once Manjaro]. When I used...
  8. Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition

Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition: Can you help me with my Windows 10 boot. I had a dual boot system with windows 10 and Ubuntu partitions. My computer was running extremely slow in windows so I deleted the Ubuntu partition. Unfortunately I can now no longer boot into anything as my computer diverts to Grub....
  9. Dual boot with linux: only linux boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual boot with linux: only linux boot: Hello, Well I'll sum up what I did so far: I had ubuntu + windows 10, was working fine but ubuntu was taking too much space on my drive. Deleted ubuntu partitions, gave the space back to windows, boot into the windows usb drive to perform the bootrec /fixmbr,fixboot...
  10. dual-boot Linux

dual-boot Linux: I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 8.1), and I'm considering setting it up to dual-boot Linux. I just had a look at the HD with Disk Management, and Lenovo has created 6 partitions (C, D, and 4 hidden partitions). Can I get further help here, or is...