Windows 10: Deleted Microsoft account

Discus and support Deleted Microsoft account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I recently deleted my microsoft account more than 60 days ago, so I can't restore it. Unfortunately, when I go to log into my Windows 10 PC,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by David J-B, Apr 7, 2021.

1. David J-B Win User

Deleted Microsoft account

Hi,

I recently deleted my microsoft account more than 60 days ago, so I can't restore it. Unfortunately, when I go to log into my Windows 10 PC, instead of a password entry box, there is a button asking me to log in. However, since I deleted the account, I can't log in, and now I can't access my data. I suspect this is because when I set up the computer, I set up an online user account instead of an offline user account I set one of these up as well, so I can use that if needed. Also, on my other offline account, when I try to sign into the Microsoft store/any Microsoft app, it says this: Deleted Microsoft account 3546e079-33b9-4bde-8c0c-9a898b54a7b4?upload=true.png

I tried logging into the app store with my new account from a different computer where my old account was not previously registered and it worked.

:)

David J-B, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Deleted Microsoft account

Deleting microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Are you trying to access emails using a Mail app or Office Outlook?

If you are using a Mail app, then I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Check for updates for apps from Windows Store and install if you find any.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/check-for-updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store#

Restart the computer and check. Also, check for Windows updates.

Try to run the following commands and check if it helps.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.
    • Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    If you want to delete the account, then you need to create a new account/use existing Microsoft account and then give administrator permissions to it, then delete the old account.

Or other option is switching to a local account, then when switching a Microsoft account, it will ask you for the account, then enter a different email address and password.

Follow the steps below.

Step 1

Refer the link below to create a new account and to switch to a local account.

Set up accounts:

Add or remove accounts on your PC

Step 2

Follow the steps to change the account type of the new account to administrator by navigating to user accounts under control panel:

a. Press Window key + X and select Control Panel.

b. Click on User accounts.

c. Click on Manage another account.

d. Click on the new account that you have just created.

e. Click on Change account type settings.

f. Click on Change account type.

g. Click on Administrator.

h. Click on Change account type.

i. Restart the computer and log in through the new administrator account.

Step 3

To remove the account log into your old account and delete it.

• Press Window key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts.
    • Click on Manage another account and then select the user account that you want to delete.
    • Click on “delete the account”.
    • Depending on whether you want to “Keep the files” or “Delete the files” choose the appropriate option.
    • You can delete the other accounts similarly.
    Note: Once deleted, the user accounts cannot be recovered. Make sure you back up any data if required.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Deleted Microsoft account

1. Deleted Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Deleted Microsoft account

2. Deleting microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting microsoft account: So whenever I open my computer It says to login and since I can't do anything to fix it would deleting my sMicrosoft account do anything? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-microsoft-account/cc469024-cf0a-43d2-862c-957809300bbe
  3. Deleting Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting Microsoft Accounts: When the military was using a Microsoft Teams CVR solution earlier this year, i added that account to my personal computer while taking meetings from home. Now I believe it is interfering with my settings as my OS consistently thinks I have an inactive/outdated account which...
  4. Microsoft account deletion

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account deletion: Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, I have recently deleted a microsoft account I do not use anymore. Does this mean that the deleted account will also be removed from the device I used it on?...
  5. Deletion of Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deletion of Microsoft Account: By mistake, I have created two Microsoft accounts. First account for activating Windows 10 and second account for activating Microsoft Office. I want to delete the second account and activate Microsoft Office to my first account. I have already closed the second account...
  6. Delete Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete Microsoft Account: I have TWO microsoft accounts logged onto my laptop because my friend accidentally logged into his, and every day it tells me to log in and fix the account, but I just want it to be DELETED. I have my own microsoft account that I use to login to my computer, but everytime I...
  7. Deleting a microsoft account

Deleting a microsoft account: On my account, I have two Microsoft account. I am not sure how this happen but I would like to delete the account under *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. deleting a Microsoft account

deleting a Microsoft account: How do I remove a Microsoft account? I created two and I don't use the other one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-microsoft-account/1ad02317-1e10-46b5-9b89-3401036a717d"
  9. Delete Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete Microsoft account: Help please, I was trying to delete an old Microsoft account and I can't do it. I don't need that account anymore, can someone please tell me exactly what do I need to do?...
  10. Deleting Microsoft account

Deleting Microsoft account: I have two Microsoft accounts; one I opened with my Gmail, another one using my company email address (which I no longer have nor do have any access to, thus I cannot make any changes or deletions to it). I keep getting messages that my Microsoft account is "out of date" and...