Windows 10: Deleted Microsoft.WindowsStore... folder from user appdata, how to fix

Discus and support Deleted Microsoft.WindowsStore... folder from user appdata, how to fix in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Long story short, while trying to fix Store (stuck on circles loading screen forever) I ended up deleting the entire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FuturDreamz, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Deleted Microsoft.WindowsStore... folder from user appdata, how to fix

Long story short, while trying to fix Store (stuck on circles loading screen forever) I ended up deleting the entire Microsoft.WindowsStore.somethingrandomalphanumeric inside my user AppData folder, which stopped the perpetual hang - by making Store not launch at all. I was hoping that deleting that folder would cause Store to reinitialize (like deleting the preference files in Mac OS *spit*), but obviously that is not the case. Is there a way to fix it? I tried converting my account to local and back, and resetting my computer causes a bsod loop then automatically restores.

:)

FuturDreamz, Jul 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 Store closes immediately after opening.

The "Microsoft.WindowsStore" folder doesn't exist in that folder at all - should it?

Kenny2microsoft, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update - News and Weather App crash instantly after launch

Hi,

To help you with your concern, kindly follow the steps below just in case you haven't tried it yet:

• Go to C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Packages\
    • Look for the word Microsoft.WindowsStore.
    • Open the folder and delete Local Cache.
    • Try launching Windows Store again.
    Let us know how it goes.

Gemzon Mar, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

Deleted Microsoft.WindowsStore... folder from user appdata, how to fix

1. Deleted Microsoft.WindowsStore... folder from user appdata, how to fix - Similar Threads - Deleted Microsoft WindowsStore

2. If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?: I have 2 local user accounts on my system. USER1 was created when I was installing Windows 11 on my PC and USER2 is my primary Microsoft account. I have been trying to transfer everything from USER1 to my primary account but there is one giant AppData folder present under...
  3. If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?: I have 2 local user accounts on my system. USER1 was created when I was installing Windows 11 on my PC and USER2 is my primary Microsoft account. I have been trying to transfer everything from USER1 to my primary account but there is one giant AppData folder present under...
  4. AppData folder under incorrect user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AppData folder under incorrect user: I recently got a new PC. During the initial set up I signed in to my Microsoft acct when prompted. I was not aware the set up was using that information to create the initial user folder as that was not explained during the process. Not what I wanted at all. All my files are...
  5. AppData folder under incorrect user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppData folder under incorrect user: I recently got a new PC. During the initial set up I signed in to my Microsoft acct when prompted. I was not aware the set up was using that information to create the initial user folder as that was not explained during the process. Not what I wanted at all. All my files are...
  6. Deleting a folder in Appdata/Roaming/...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a folder in Appdata/Roaming/...: I've uninstalled a password manager app called ''Myki'' from my pc but it has still a folder in hidden Appdata/Roaming/.. i dont want any traces left because i need a fresh reinstall.. deleting a folder in hidden Roaming folder cause any trouble? actually i've deleted it but...
  7. Deleting Folders In AppData

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting Folders In AppData: I asked this question in another subreddit already but I wanted some extra opinions just to be safe. So I uninstalled Zoom months ago because I didn’t want to use it on my laptop and I generally didn’t trust it. However, after looking through my laptops folders for other...
  8. Microsoft WindowsStore

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft WindowsStore: Hallo Community! Ich habe irrtümlich den WindowsStore komplett gelöscht! Brauche ihn aber immer wieder. Wie kann ich ihn wieder downloaden und installieren? Vielen Dank im Voraus für Eure Antworten...
  9. Windowsstore

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windowsstore: Hey every one . My nvidia control panel is gone and i think the only way go download it is from windows store and when i open it it just says (try that again ) page could not be loaded .please try again later . My pc location in on USA and even when i use the vpn it will...
  10. Deleting the SendTo Folder from the AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting the SendTo Folder from the AppData Folder: The SendTo folder is something that I do not use, including the one in the browser. Deleting the SendTo folder from the AppData folder does not crash the computer. It makes the computer no longer having the SendTo folder. In fact, I do not need help from this one....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move microsoft.windowsstore folder